TEAM FOUR

Replies

• MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    1m7lfntqn4ku.jpg
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Omg unbelievable! Dang it if i had made the gym! Argh!!! Sorry team i feel I let you guys down for week 5. I am back on my normal schedule. I'm getting ready right now to get to the gym!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    WEEK SIX DESTINATION IS UP
    AND RUNNING!
    HOPE YOU HAVE FUN!
    :)
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Grrr!! How frustrating!!!
    I had a super busy weekend but got minutes in when I could. Let's get em this week, team! I leave for Florida on Sunday so I'm gonna give it everything I've got and hopefully max out by Saturday. I'll be in Florida from Sunday thru the following Wednesday, but don't worry I'll get my fair share of minutes in!! My checking in will probably be limited though.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Tell me your most recent NSVs, Smashers!

Mine- I conquered the squat rack! I've been going to the gym for 3 years and have always been terrified of that thing.
  • mari_moulin
    edited February 2017
    WEEK SIX: THE LAST GREAT RACE!
    DESTINATION: ANCHORAGE, ALASKA - MILEAGE: 4997

AWARD YOURSELF MINUTES FOR STAYING ACTIVE WHILE WATCHING THE YOUTUBE VIDEOS!

VIDEO 1 - "IDITAROD TRILER" - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING
    VIDEO 2 - “HOW THE DIPHTHERIA OUTBREAK SPAWNED THE IDATAROD” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING
    VIDEO 3 - “HOLD TIGHT SLED DOG RIDE” - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING
    VIDEO 4 - “ALASKA TIMELAPSE FILM” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING
    VIDEO 5 - “ALASKA’S EPIC NORTHERN LIGHTS” - 3 MINUTES FOR WATCHING
    VIDEO 6 - “BRILLIANT TIME LAPSE” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING

CHALLENGE #1: “FROSTBITE FOOTRACE OR IDITAROD?” (10 POINTS)

TO EARN YOUR 10 POINTS FOR CHALLENGE ONE COMPLETE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:

1. THE 2.5K FROSTBITE FOOTRACE: THIS MUST BE COMPLETED OUTDOORS (RUNNING, WALKING, SNOWSHOES, SKIS)
    OR IN A POOL!

2. THE 5K FROSTBITE FOOTRACE: THIS MUST BE COMPLETED OUTDOORS!

3. THE 10.49 MILE IDITAROD: THIS MAY BE COMPLETED INDOORS (ON A TREADMILL OR ELLIPTICAL)

OR TAKE THE DARE AND DO IT ALL OUTDOORS! ALL RACES MAY BE COMPLETED IN SEGMENTS THROUGHOUT THE WEEK... (YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO THE TOTAL DISTANCE ALL AT ONCE)

***UPON COMPLETION OF ONE OF THE THREE RACES ABOVE YOU MUST POST WHICH RACE YOU CHOSE ON YOUR TEAM THREAD*** IN A SEPARATE SENTENCE POST WHAT METHOD YOU USED (RUN / WALK / SKI/SWIM) AND WHY! (BE SURE TO LABEL YOUR POST CHALLENGE #1) THEN, AND ONLY THEN PLACE YOUR 10 POINTS IN THE CORRECT SPREADSHEET BOX AND MISSIONENFORCER WILL VERIFY.

EXAMPLE POST

CHALLENGE #1 - I CHOSE THE IDITAROD DARE.

I HIKED 10.49 MILES WITH MY DOG TARA, SO THAT WE COULD BOTH ENJOY THE OUTDOORS AND EARN EXTRA MINUTES FOR OUR TEAM!

CHALLENGE #2: “BE ABLE TO PUSH YOUR SLED!” (10 POINTS)

TO COMPLETE CHALLENGE #2, CHOOSE EITHER OPTION:

OPTION #1: COMPLETE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING 40 MINUTE FITNESS BLENDERS:

TOTAL BODY BEGINNER WORKOUT OR FAT BLASTING TOTAL BODY STRENGTH TRAINING.

OPTION #2: FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT LIKE VIDEOS!

BOTH OF THE ABOVE VIDEOS INCLUDE A WRITTEN FORMAT WHICH CAN BE PRINTED OUT AND TAKEN TO THE GYM WITH YOU. PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE A WARM-UP AND COOL DOWN AND SPEND AT LEAST 40 MINUTES EXERCISING! YOU DO NOT NEED TO HAVE THIS CHALLENGE VERIFIED BUT PLEASE ASK FOR MODIFICATIONS IF NECESSARY!

0 VIDEO/1 VIDEO DONE! OR 0 WORKOUT/1 WORKOUT DONE!

CHALLENGE #3: “LIGHTEN YOUR LOAD!” (5 POINTS)

TO EARN YOUR 5 POINTS FOR THIS CHALLENGE LEAVE ONE OF YOUR FOOD/DRINK RELATED “VICES” BEHIND FOR 5 OUT OF THE 7 SEVEN DAYS! (THEY DO NOT HAVE TO BE CONSECUTIVE) IN OTHER WORDS: “LIGHTEN YOUR LOAD!”

***ON YOUR TEAM THREAD*** POST WHAT VICE YOU “LEFT BEHIND”. ADD A SEPARATE SENTENCE ON HOW THAT WORKED FOR YOU. BE SURE TO LABEL YOUR POST “CHALLENGE #3”. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ENTER THIS “5” UNTIL FRIDAY NIGHT.

EXAMPLE POST:

CHALLENGE #3 - I left chocolate behind for 5 days.

Not eating sugar made me feel better and I lost a pound!

0/5 DAYS DONE

MON -
    TUE -
    WED -
    THU -
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -

0 / 700 MINUTES DONE

MON -
    TUE -
    WED -
    THU -
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -
  • mari_moulin
    This weeks challenges will be easy for me.

CHALLENGE 1 - I am back at the gym and today I did an hour on the elliptical and 15 minutes on the treadmill. I didn't check the distance so I cant count it BUT I will be doing the same tomorrow and each time i hit this gym this week so I will be able to add those.

CHALLENGE 2 - I already have 155 minutes of gym time done today. I am wondering if I can count that towards this challenge? I always include a warm up and cool down and I do well over 40 minutes of workout. I sent one of the mods a message to ask about this.

CHALLENGE - I think I'm gonna commit to NO CHOCOLATE AND NO SODAS this week!

Excited to be back on my usual schedule. I was so happy to be back at the GYM this morning. MAN I am going to be so SORE tomorrow!

I'm Ready to kick a** this week SMASHERS!! I wont let you down again!
  • AshleyMFitness16
    I'm thinking for challenge one I'm going to do the indoor option. I'm just so sick of the cold. That just means I'm gonna have to get my butt back on the cardio machines. I haven't done much cardio since I started this new gym plan, but I did walk on the treadmill today for a mile. If it gets warmer I could try to get it in outside. I could also wait till Sunday when I land in FL to do it outdoors, but I don't like waiting till the last day of the week to get challenges in so I probably won't do that.

For challenge 3 I'm doing the 3 things that have been killing me lately - diet pop (well, pop in general. But diet is what I have at my house), candy (I've been struggling with this so much! Almost everyday I ask my husband to grab me a candy bar on the way home haha...it was also the week before TOM tho), and snacking in general (I've been so bad about going to the pantry for a handful of this, or to the fridge for a slice of that - when I'm really not even hungry!)
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member

WEEK SIX: THE LAST GREAT RACE!
    DESTINATION: ANCHORAGE, ALASKA - MILEAGE: 4997

AWARD YOURSELF MINUTES FOR STAYING ACTIVE WHILE WATCHING THE YOUTUBE VIDEOS!

VIDEO 1 - "IDITAROD TRILER" - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING
    VIDEO 2 - “HOW THE DIPHTHERIA OUTBREAK SPAWNED THE IDATAROD” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING
    VIDEO 3 - “HOLD TIGHT SLED DOG RIDE” - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING
    VIDEO 4 - “ALASKA TIMELAPSE FILM” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING
    VIDEO 5 - “ALASKA’S EPIC NORTHERN LIGHTS” - 3 MINUTES FOR WATCHING
    VIDEO 6 - “BRILLIANT TIME LAPSE” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING

CHALLENGE #1: “FROSTBITE FOOTRACE OR IDITAROD?” (10 POINTS)

TO EARN YOUR 10 POINTS FOR CHALLENGE ONE COMPLETE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:

1. THE 2.5K FROSTBITE FOOTRACE: THIS MUST BE COMPLETED OUTDOORS (RUNNING, WALKING, SNOWSHOES, SKIS)
    OR IN A POOL!

2. THE 5K FROSTBITE FOOTRACE: THIS MUST BE COMPLETED OUTDOORS!

3. THE 10.49 MILE IDITAROD: THIS MAY BE COMPLETED INDOORS (ON A TREADMILL OR ELLIPTICAL)

OR TAKE THE DARE AND DO IT ALL OUTDOORS! ALL RACES MAY BE COMPLETED IN SEGMENTS THROUGHOUT THE WEEK... (YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO THE TOTAL DISTANCE ALL AT ONCE)

***UPON COMPLETION OF ONE OF THE THREE RACES ABOVE YOU MUST POST WHICH RACE YOU CHOSE ON YOUR TEAM THREAD*** IN A SEPARATE SENTENCE POST WHAT METHOD YOU USED (RUN / WALK / SKI/SWIM) AND WHY! (BE SURE TO LABEL YOUR POST CHALLENGE #1) THEN, AND ONLY THEN PLACE YOUR 10 POINTS IN THE CORRECT SPREADSHEET BOX AND MISSIONENFORCER WILL VERIFY.

EXAMPLE POST

CHALLENGE #1 - I CHOSE THE IDITAROD DARE.

I HIKED 10.49 MILES WITH MY DOG TARA, SO THAT WE COULD BOTH ENJOY THE OUTDOORS AND EARN EXTRA MINUTES FOR OUR TEAM!

CHALLENGE #2: “BE ABLE TO PUSH YOUR SLED!” (10 POINTS)

TO COMPLETE CHALLENGE #2, CHOOSE EITHER OPTION:

OPTION #1: COMPLETE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING 40 MINUTE FITNESS BLENDERS:

TOTAL BODY BEGINNER WORKOUT OR FAT BLASTING TOTAL BODY STRENGTH TRAINING.

OPTION #2: FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT LIKE VIDEOS!

BOTH OF THE ABOVE VIDEOS INCLUDE A WRITTEN FORMAT WHICH CAN BE PRINTED OUT AND TAKEN TO THE GYM WITH YOU. PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE A WARM-UP AND COOL DOWN AND SPEND AT LEAST 40 MINUTES EXERCISING! YOU DO NOT NEED TO HAVE THIS CHALLENGE VERIFIED BUT PLEASE ASK FOR MODIFICATIONS IF NECESSARY!

0 VIDEO/1 VIDEO DONE! OR 0 WORKOUT/1 WORKOUT DONE!

CHALLENGE #3: “LIGHTEN YOUR LOAD!” (5 POINTS)

TO EARN YOUR 5 POINTS FOR THIS CHALLENGE LEAVE ONE OF YOUR FOOD/DRINK RELATED “VICES” BEHIND FOR 5 OUT OF THE 7 SEVEN DAYS! (THEY DO NOT HAVE TO BE CONSECUTIVE) IN OTHER WORDS: “LIGHTEN YOUR LOAD!”

***ON YOUR TEAM THREAD*** POST WHAT VICE YOU “LEFT BEHIND”. ADD A SEPARATE SENTENCE ON HOW THAT WORKED FOR YOU. BE SURE TO LABEL YOUR POST “CHALLENGE #3”. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ENTER THIS “5” UNTIL FRIDAY NIGHT.

EXAMPLE POST:

CHALLENGE #3 - I left chocolate behind for 5 days.

Not eating sugar made me feel better and I lost a pound!

0/5 DAYS DONE

MON -
    TUE -
    WED -
    THU -
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -

0 / 700 MINUTES DONE

MON -
    TUE -
    WED -
    THU -
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -

Well here we go !! Lets get them this week WE ALMOST HAD IT LAST WEEK !!!
  • aim630
    aim630 Posts: 120 Member
    I'll try to do Challenge 1 outdoors-it will be pretty warm (for Ohio) several days this week, so as long as it doesn't rain, I should be able to get in 5k outdoors. For challenge 3, I will probably give up chocolate. At first, I thought it was too late (I already had a mini Milky Way bar by 8:30 AM this morning), then I realized it only had to be 5 out of 7 days, so I guess today will be one of my 2 days.

@SmashleyM914 I snack a lot after dinner as well, and I'm not hungry either. I will try to give that up as well.

@mari_moulin That is a great NSV! Before when I lost weight, and didn't want to invest a lot of money (that I didn't have) I shopped at some secondhand stores. There is one around here that has pretty good quality stuff at lower than new prices. For the past 7 years, I have been fluctuating between a 12 and 16, so I haven't had to go shopping, because I never get below a 12! I would love to go down a couple more sizes, and have a reason to buy new clothes.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    I had my first win for challenge 3 this morning. I made my sons cereal, and I was STARVING. I pushed back my breakfast as late as possible because I'm doing 7 day slim down this week to prep for Florida, so the later in the day I start eating, the easier the restricted calories are. [Side note-I'll definitely be eating more than I usually do on 7DSD because my gym plan calls for heavy lifting, so I need more fuel because I won't be taking a break from it]. Anyways, I was sooo dang hungry, and I poured his Lucky Charms without helping myself to a spoonful! They looked mighty yummy though, lemme tell ya. It did feel good to tell myself no, though ;)
  • carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    Hey peeps! I'm so sorry I didn't push yesterday to get more minutes in so we could have claimed 1st place outright...it was a super rough day with kids misbehaving, husband yelling, poop accidents, tears (mine)...yeah, I'm glad that's over. But hey, another week is upon us so let's just move on.

I'm honestly not sure how this week will go. Wednesday morning we fly out early early early to Texas, where we'll then drive to my brother's house and stay there until Monday. I'm running a half-marathon on Saturday! I'll count that for my Challenge 1, methinks. I'll do a couple other smaller runs between now and then, of course, but I'm gonna count the half as my 10.49 mile Iditarod. Gah, so nervous. I'm not sure I'll get much activity in on Wednesday since I'll be on a plane/in a car most of the day, but hoping to make up for it on other days. I plan to do Challenge 2 either tonight or tomorrow because I don't know if I'll be able to find the time in TX.

NSV from this past week: I wore a pencil skirt to church yesterday and I actually felt cute in it! I had actually never worn a pencil skirt before. Felt good :D
  • carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    Oh! Forgot to post what I plan to give up for Challenge 3. I'm gonna go with soda. I justify it all the time by only drinking diet so no calories, but I'm drinking it way too much, especially when I should be drinking water instead. So no soda for me this week! I can do it!
  • AshleyMFitness16
    @carinamenina have fun in Texas and good luck with your run!! I know you'll kill it. Sorry to hear about your bad day :'( Happens to the best of us :/
  • tarpguys
    tarpguys Posts: 140 Member
    I honestly don't know what to do for challenge 3! I don't eat sugar at all and even the chocolate I eat is sweetened with stevia. Those that know me well will agree that I am a bit OCD on my eating habits. Would it count if I stay under my calorie limit? I don't often count those (except when required by the race) as THM is more a balance of fats and carbs. If I keep those in check than everything else is good. If that is acceptable that is what I will do. ???

It looks like Challenge 1 will have to be the inside one for me as the forecast is for rain all week and not that warm.
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    I am thinking I will be outdoors this week. I too question what to give up. My co-workers don't really want to see me without coffee and as you see I have been doing really well on the weigh-ins for the most part after I got my (**^ together. I really want to win the weigh-in. I have cut mostly all sugar, I drink no soda, I cook, pizza is limited. We went to the IHOP yesterday and I had a veggie omelet with fruit. No HB, no tst. Can I get my 5 points if I am the biggest loser for the weigh in challenge? I will say sugar will stay behind just so I know I will stay on track. I really don't want a little ice-cream to sneak in this week.
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    OMG how do you say MY BAD. I was thinking this is the last week. So I am a big ice cream person and thought that frozen treats would be a good thing to leave behind. I also thought this was the last week by the heading so I tried to swing the whole weight loss tracker into play. Oh good we have a couple of weeks. I am changing this to leaving sugar behind besides the 1/2 chocolate milk I put in my coffee. Dear husband drinks it this way and 99% of the time I don't buy white milk. I am really noticing how much sugar really is around me. I am rethinking what I am typing and will pick up an almond milk or maybe I will make some tonight. This will really be a challenge for me. Anyone else make their own nut milk?