TEAM FOUR

Options

Replies

• tarpguys
    tarpguys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    @MonicaA2013 I get the whole head east for better weather. My husband and I ride a motorcycle and it always seems that is the way we end up going.

I don't really have set days off. Most Tuesday's and Thursday's I run a sales route for, what is now, our son's upholstery business. The rest of the time I am a realtor. Now is our slow season but I have still been out showing houses almost every day, including the sales route days.

We live at the north end of Vancouver where I-5 and 205 come back together so I have easy access either way. I love afternoons and Wednesday's are usually a good day for me to schedule "me time". Although I know where Fairveiw is, I really don't know where a good place to meet would be. Any suggestions?
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I really wanted to be lazy this morning because my schedule was thrown off. My son needed to be taken to school for an early morning ball practice, so I was out of bed and in the car right away. I usually walk before I do anything. I just wanted to come home and sit, but I thought about the challenge and laced up my shoes. That's exactly why I was ready for this race again. Harder to talk myself out of doing something when the team is counting on me. I did a good 90 mins and will try and do a video later this afternoon also. I'm also doing well with the oranges. I had just bought some at the store the day before. :smile:
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! Just checking in before I go to bed. I have to say, I am beginning to get very tired....I've gone to the gym 6 days straight now. Usually I have a rest day on Sunday but I skipped it since I missed some workout days last week due to bronchitis, but now its coming to a point where I need a break. My hubby is away so I am also dealing with the kids on my own. I am one tired mommy. Maybe I just feeling like this because its bed time. I will go to the gym tomorrow and I think I will give it a rest on Thursday. I have aqua gym Thursday night so I think that will be enough workout for one day. It wont be too hard and I will still contribute to our challenge. Yawn.....Good night everyone. See you all tomorrow!
  • carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hello my lovely team members! I love seeing all these check-ins! You all are doing amazing, and you come from such beautiful places. Wish we could all visit each other someday.

I shoveled the driveway last night...took 45 minutes...totally counting that as exercise minutes. And since the world outside was pure ice this morning, I took a long lunch break and did a 5 mile-run on the dreadmill. So nice to have Netflix to help distract me when I'm on that thing. Hoping to get at least some of the videos in tonight! And I need to go to the store and get some type of round fruit. Probably clementines or something. I'll do that after work today so I can get started on that challenge.

Hope you're all having an absolutely wonderful Tuesday! Keep getting in those minutes!
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    @darcijojo great job love! I bought a giant bag of oranges the day before the challenge too :smiley: Go us!!

@mari_moulin Hope you get a good nights rest!

• AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    Our challenge points are verified and we're still hanging out around 3rd place. 100 pounts out of first :/ Lets get moving team! I'm gonna work out tonight when the hubby goes to the gym. Don't usually do that, but gotta get more minutes in!!
    I know @dawnsch1995 will be popping in soon, I've reached out to @Queen_S_01 and @ShansGotGoals but haven't heard back yet.
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @tarpguys There is a cute little coffee shop on Halsey next to the pizza parlor between 207th/223rd. Or there is a Starbucks in the Target right there at Halsey/207th just off the freeway. If we pick a good day we could even walk the Salish pond trail, we can pick it up from the store parking lot.

BTW TEAM .. I am still working on more minutes of exercise. I will update as I get them done. Looking to go on a short walk with DH and try to get some of our videos done as well, and I need to get back into my Aftershock workouts again.
  • dawnsch1995
    dawnsch1995 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi team!
    My name is Dawn I am 47 years old married for 21 years with 3 teenagers, 18,17 & 15!
    My favorite way to exercise is walking! I use my Fitbit to get to my step goal. I also love the amazing race challenges because it forces me to try different exercises.

I live in a.small rural town (about 2000 people) in La Salle, Manitoba, Canada! Manitoba has cold winters that at times keeps us indoors because of extreme wind chills! But being hardy Canadians we play hockey, curl, snowshoeing and skating on the frozen rivers.
    Looking forward to another great challenge!
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Lots of Canadians in this group!
  • ddeliciosa
    ddeliciosa Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hey team! Just checking in for day 2 of the challenge. I am so impressed with those of you that are bringin' in them big minutes! Definitely makes me want to strive for more. My fitbit said that I walked 16,975 steps so far today :open_mouth: which is a lot for me and not the norm. I had an exam today and I like to walk and talk with my study buddy instead of stay cramped away in a study room. Then I worked out for about 30 minutes. Had orange #2.

I had a question actually for those Amazing Race veterans- what exactly do you qualify as a workout minute? I read the "some rules" thread, so I know that just running to the fridge isn't exercise but could I count my deliberate strolls around the school? Also, for things that aren't cardio, how exactly would you log that?
  • tarpguys
    tarpguys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Today was not a good day as far as "deliberate" exercise for me. I even forgot my fitbit! Sales Route all day and then we took my Mother and Father-in-law out to dinner and a movie for Dad's birthday. We just got home and I wasn't even able to get my oranges. I'll get them, I promise! I had planned on doing the stair stepper when we got home but my husband went immediately to bed and it's in our room. :s

@MonicaA2013 lets do the cute little coffee shop. Do they offer tea? I love the smell of coffee but not the taste. I know-I'm weird! Right now Friday says "partly sunny" is that a good day for you?
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!! I'm just here checking in to see how we are doing and I see we are in 4th place....eeeeeee Come on team lets get those workout minutes done!! Lets try to catch up!

I just finished my Gym session (113 minutes) AND Video #2 (CHINA HOME FITNESS PROJECT - 5:32 MINUTES). I have entered my minutes into the spreadsheet. I wont be going to the Gym tomorrow as I need a break so I will be completing the videos for the 10 points. I will however be going to Aqua Gym tomorrow night so I will still be able to contribute to our challenge with about 50 minutes from that. I had my 3rd Clementine today making it an extra 5 points but I cant enter it until tomorrow.

@tarpguys - we all have those days where nothing just seems to go as we plan. Its a new day and I know it will be better for you!

Question.... I entered my minutes now because my "deliberate" exercise is done BUT If I happen to decide tonight to add a little workout video, is it easy to update the number or is it blocked when the minutes are entered the first time??? I doubt I will but I dunno....hubby is away and I get bored and maybe....I doubt it. I was just curious.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    @mari_moulin you can easily change the number if you do more exercise :)

@tarpguys @MonicaA2013 your meet up has me so happy! Take pics and share with the team !!! <3
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    Alright team, 4th place ain't gonna cut it!
    4th place - Us - 2,290 minutes & 180 challenge points
    3rd place - team 6 - 2,282 minutes & 210 points
    2nd place - team 2 - 2,308 minutes & 240 points
    1st place - team 1 - 2,741 minutes & 250 points

Those challenge points matter!! As you can see, there isn't the biggest difference in miles, but challenge points we're way behind on! Also, we get 50 points for getting to China. After that, every 10% of extra miles we go over we get 10 bonus points for. Don't forget we want to get there by Friday for the New Year party!! It's hump day and we're 45% of the way there, let's move! Plus if we get there by Friday, all of our weekend miles will be bonus points! :)

@lynnbaum did you do challenge 1? If so, don't forget to give yourself the points.

@Queen_S_01 has logged some minutes but hasn't checked in here. Maybe if a few of us reach out she'll get in here

@ShansGotGoals still has no minutes and hasn't been a part of this discussion. Everyone reach out to her, too.

Neither of them have responded to my messages.

I'm gonna get the videos done today, and I'll be eating my final orange.

We don't want to start week one behind! It only gets harder to catch up.
  • aim630
    aim630 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I haven't been able to get to the gym the last 2 days, but I did home exercise videos. Yesterday I completed challenge 2, and even did the optional one. I've been extremely busy at work, but I came in early today, so hopefully I can leave on time. I've had an orange or halo every day, so challenge 3 is finished too. I'll log my exercise minutes tonight after the gym.
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, made it to the gym yesterday and will be going again today. I finished up the videos this morning so will log those points in a bit. I am on day two of the Orange challenge so will be able to log those points tomorrow as well.
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!
    I was so sore yesterday, by the time I got home from work, that I didn't do the videos, as planned I will finish them up today & my oranges will be done today.

We can definitely get out of our 4th place rut... I think it is harder to catch up on exercise minutes & we are ok... Maybe everyone just needs an extra 30 minute walk today to boost us up. Even 15 minutes walking around the house if the weather isn't cooperating, maybe?

Today is weightlifting day for me. So off to the gym I go. I will walk or go on the elliptical for 45 minutes (I hate both of them!), then do strong lifts. Then come home, do a short yoga stretch, my videos & off to work!

Have a great day!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Alright team, 4th place ain't gonna cut it!
    4th place - Us - 2,290 minutes & 180 challenge points
    3rd place - team 6 - 2,282 minutes & 210 points
    2nd place - team 2 - 2,308 minutes & 240 points
    1st place - team 1 - 2,741 minutes & 250 points

Those challenge points matter!! As you can see, there isn't the biggest difference in miles, but challenge points we're way behind on! Also, we get 50 points for getting to China. After that, every 10% of extra miles we go over we get 10 bonus points for. Don't forget we want to get there by Friday for the New Year party!! It's hump day and we're 45% of the way there, let's move! Plus if we get there by Friday, all of our weekend miles will be bonus points! :)

@lynnbaum did you do challenge 1? If so, don't forget to give yourself the points.

@Queen_S_01 has logged some minutes but hasn't checked in here. Maybe if a few of us reach out she'll get in here

@ShansGotGoals still has no minutes and hasn't been a part of this discussion. Everyone reach out to her, too.

Neither of them have responded to my messages.

I'm gonna get the videos done today, and I'll be eating my final orange.

We don't want to start week one behind! It only gets harder to catch up.

I've just messaged both of them as well. I hope they are able to check in with us soon.