TEAM FOUR

Options

Replies

• carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha...just as I wrote that my 4-year-old put a bite in his mouth and yelled out, "I LIKE it! I really really like it!" LOL
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Challenge # 3 - Spice Dat Up Mon
    I chose Ginger as my spice.
    After my 60mi bike ride and then 5mi walk with hubby I took a nice long Epson soak. Was leaning toward a nice glass of wine but decided instead to try Ginger tea with a little lemongrass added. I have to say it was nice (I did add a little honey) and really helped me to relax, it was refreshing as well.
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Challenge 3
    I chose ginger and thyme and made a ginger iced tea lemonade I did add a bit of agave syrup as the sweetener. It was good but the first time I made it I added to much thyme to the lemonade the next time I only added the thyme while I steeped the tea and it was really good both my kd S liked it as well.
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    DESTINATION: MONTEGO BAY, JAMAICA
    MILELAGE: 4505

PLEASE STAY ACTIVE WHILE WATCHING THE FOLLOWING YOUTUBE VIDEOS AND AWARD YOURSELF SIX MILES/MINUTES:
    “TAKE A TOUR OF JAMAICA WITH US” DONE
    “BUSY SIGNAL - JAMAICA LOVE” DONE

HERE IS ANOTHER YOUTUBE TO HELP YOU ALONG: (4 MINUTES IF YOU STAY ACTIVE)
    “JAMAICAN PATOIS GREETINGS” DONE

LIVE THE EXPERIENCE ! STAY ACTIVE FOR 3 MINUTES:
    “BLUE HOLE” DONE

STAY ACTIVE FOR 2 MINUTES FOR BONUS MINUTES WHILE VIEWING WHAT IT IS LIKE TO CLIMB A WATERFALL !
    “WATERFALL CLIMBING, DUNN’S RIVER FALLS” DONE

CHALLENGE #1: “GET WID DE BEAT” (10 POINTS) REGGAE HAS ITS ROOTS IN JAMAICA.
    Reggae evolved in the late 1960s from Ska and other local variations on Calypso and Rhythm and Blues. It became widely known in the 1970s through the work of Bob Marley and its lyrics are much influenced by Rastafarian ideas.

SO IT IS TIME TO DO A LITTLE REGGAE INSPIRED WORKOUT!

****IN ORDER TO COMPLETE CHALLENGE #1****

YOU CAN CHOSE BETWEEN THE TWO VIDEOS BELOW (OR DO BOTH!)

VIDEO #1 IS MORE OF A SWAY AND GROOVE.

I recommend it for those with bad knees, ankles, or similar injuries:
    “Reggae Workout Fitness Zone (20 minutes)” DONE

VIDEO #2 WILL GET YOUR HEARTBEAT RATE UP A BIT MORE:
    “Reggae Dancehall workout by Keaira LaShae” (20 minutes)

***NOTE: THIS CHALLENGE DOES NOT HAVE TO BE VERIFIED BY MISSIONENFORCER***
    ***Ask @hawkins410 for any necessary modifications***
    ***Be sure to count your challenge minutes toward your exercise minutes”

CHALLENGE #2: “TEK IT EASY MON!” (10 POINTS)
    AFTER ALL THAT FUN WE’VE BEEN HAVING HIKING, SWIMMING, RIDING, EXPLORING & DANCING
    IT IS TIME TO RELAX AND STRETCH OUR RECOVERING AND SORE MUSCLES!

****TO COMPLETE CHALLENGE #2****
    COMPLETE THE VIDEO BELOW ONE TIME (YOU MAY DO IT MORE TIMES AND GET MORE MINUTES!)

“ Recovery Day Routine” with Jessica & Peanut (20 minutes) DONE

CHALLENGE #3: “SPICE DAT UP MON!” (5 POINTS)
    ***NOTE: THIS CHALLENGE WILL NEED TO BE VERIFIED BY MISSIONENFORCER. PLEASE FOLLOW DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY!***

GOATS ARE A VERY COMMON SIGHT ALMOST EVERYWHERE ON THE ISLAND!

MOST OF THEM END UP AS THE MOST COMMON JAMAICAN DISH OF:

“CURRIED GOAT WITH RICE AND PEAS" FOUND AT HOME AND IN THE CAFES!

HOWEVER! JAMAICA IS ALSO KNOWN FOR PRODUCING (AND CONSUMING!) SIX DISTINCT SEASONINGS.

THEY ARE:
    1. Scotch Bonnet Pepper
    2. Escallion
    3. Thyme
    4. Pimento
    5. Ginger
    6. Nutmeg

***TO EARN YOUR FIVE POINTS FOR THIS CHALLENGE*** USE ONE OF THE ABOVE SIX (6) SEASONINGS IN A HEALTHY DISH OR BEVERAGE (DESSERTS DON’T COUNT).

WHEN POSTING:

LABEL "CHALLENGE #3"
    WRITE WHICH SEASONING YOU CHOSE
    WRITE ONE TO TWO SEPARATE SENTENCES DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE EASY PEASY RIGHT!

CHALLENGE #3 DONE

BEFORE YOU GO RACING OFF TO HAVE FUN IN THE SUN PLEASE TAKE 5 MINUTES (COUNT IF ACTIVE) TO WATCH THE FOLLOWING CLIP FROM A DISNEY MOVIE ABOUT THE BOBSLED TEAM:

“COOL RUNNINGS - THE LAST RACE” DONE

706/700 MINUTES

Mon - 113
    Tue - 109
    Wed - 95
    Thur - 180
    Fr i- 113
    Sat - 69
    Sun - 87

As of right now we are in the lead !!! 1240 US -1215 Them !! Let's hold them off for a couple more hours TEAM SMASHERS !!!!
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I am ready to really cook it up next week. I got a new instapot. I made ribs and beets for dinner tonight. I have to report a NSV. I put on a pair of jeans and kept snugging my belt. Moved 1 1/2 wholes. Man that feels good. Scale moved from 34 something% to 33.9%without weight going up. We are getting snow tonight.
  • tarpguys
    tarpguys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I managed to max out this week! I didn't think I could do it with my set back earlier in the week but I made it! It was a beautiful day here today and 60 degrees! It's not supposed to be this nice for another week or more so I took advantage of it and took a 3 hour walk. My hip is really hurting but a couple of aspirin and few stretches and I should be good.
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    zyjfap2r6g09.jpg
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    THE DESTINATION FOR WEEK EIGHT
    IS UP AND RUNNING!
    ERIN GO BRAGH!
    :)
  • carinamenina
    Options
    Challenge #2:
    I chose the Randonnee on Réunion, or the 5K outside hike to Cascade du Trou de Fer challenge from Week 2 (Ile de la Réunion).
    I chose this challenge because we have absolutely gorgeous weather today and I wanted to celebrate spring by running outside on my lunch break :)
  • tarpguys
    Options
    For Challenge 2
    I chose CHALLENGE #2: “WHEN IN VENICE, TAKE A GONDOLA" (40 Min. Seated Cardio and Strength Video) from week 5. My hip is still really hurting so I figured that the "no impact" workout would be a good one for today. I followed it with the seated stretch routine and I think it was a very good idea.
  • tarpguys
    Options
    oh yeah and so far today I have eaten broccoli and okra. I think those should count as green!
  • ddeliciosa
    ddeliciosa Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hey smashers! Could someone please put me down for 210 minutes and challenge 2 completed? My post for challenge 2 will shortly follow!
  • ddeliciosa
    ddeliciosa Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Challenge #2: Week 2 - La Reunion 5k. I choose to do the 5k outside because I'm currently on a hiking/camping trip in Moab Utah! I did this as a hike near Ken's Lake. It was a red rock trail and we did some rock scrambling and had a great time. Sun was pretty hot!
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    THIS IS “IT” TEAMS! YOU HAVE ALL BEEN SO AMAZING!
    IT IS NOW TIME FOR THE FINAL PUSH TO FIND THAT POT OF GOLD AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW!

DESTINATION: COBH, IRELAND
    MILES: 4353

The following YouTube Videos will give you a taste:
    (Six Bonus Minutes if active while watching)

“View from Above - Ireland” DONE
    “The Beauty of Ireland” DONE

PLEASE WATCH THE FOLLOWING YOUTUBE TO MEET SOME OF THE FOLKS
    (STAY ACTIVE FOR 4 BONUS MINUTES)

“WHEN IRISH EYES ARE SMILING” DONE

WATCH THE FOLLOWING YOUTUBE FOR 3 BONUS MINUTES IF ACTIVE:

“RIVERDANCE LONGEST LINE WORLD RECORD” DONE

VIEW THIS YOUTUBE TO SEE MORE OF THIS NATURAL WONDER OF THE WORLD
    (TWO BONUS MINUTES IF ACTIVE):

“GIANT’S CAUSEWAY, NORTHERN IRELAND” DONE

PLEASE WATCH THE FOLLOWING YOUTUBE TO SEE WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE TO VISIT!
    (TWO BONUS MINUTES IF ACTIVE)

“20 OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACES IN IRELAND” DONE

****** CHALLENGES #1 & #2: "CELTIC CHOICE" ******

THIS WEEK WE WILL REVISIT WHERE WE'VE TRAVELED BY REPEATING TWO OF OUR PREVIOUS CHALLENGES. FROM THE FOLLOWING LIST:

PICK AND COMPLETE ONE OF THE PREVIOUS "CHALLENGE #1s" (AS THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE #1).
    PICK AND COMPLETE ONE OF THE PREVIOUS "CHALLENGE #2s" (AS THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE #2).

TO GET CREDIT FOR THESE CHALLENGES YOU MUST FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY:

1) COMPLETE THE CHALLENGE.

2) POST ON YOUR TEAM THREAD (USE A SEPARATE POST FOR EACH CHALLENGE:)
    a.) LABEL "CHALLENGE # (1 OR 2)"
    b.) WHICH REPEATED CHALLENGE YOU CHOSE, IDENTIFYING WHICH WEEK (OR LOCATION) IT CAME FROM.
    c.) WHY YOU PICKED THIS PARTICULAR CHALLENGE.

3) PUT A "10" IN THE APPROPRIATE BOX ON THE SPREADSHEET (this will remain "GREEN" until reviewed, and will become "RED" if rejected).

EXAMPLE:

CHALLENGE #1:

I CHOSE THE 10.49 MILE "FROSTBITE FOOTRACE OR IDITAROD?" CHALLENGE FROM WEEK 6 (ALASKA)
    I CHOSE THIS CHALLENGE BECAUSE I LIKE TO HIKE WITH MY DOG FOR THE EXERCISE.

YOU MUST POST YOUR OWN POST!
    POSTS CORRECTED AND REPOSTED BY OTHER TEAM MEMBERS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!

******CHALLENGE #3: “WEARING O’ THE GREEN!”******
    (5 POINTS)

YE DIDN’T THINK I’D BE FORGETTIN’ ALL ABOUT ST. PADDY’S DAY DID YE NOW?

***TO EARN YOUR 5 POINTS FOR THIS LAST CHALLENGE***
    WE WANT YOU TO EAT YOUR GREENS! (YOU CAN WEAR YOUR GREEN TOO BUT THAT IS OPTIONAL) EAT FOUR FULL SERVINGS OF FOUR DIFFERENT GREEN FRUIT OR VEGETABLES THIS WEEK! THAT’S IT!

THEY CAN EVEN ALL BE IN ONE DAY!

BUT
    (ISN’T THERE ALWAYS A WEE “BUT”?)

***YOU MUST POST ON YOUR TEAM THREAD WHAT FOUR GREEN FOODS YOU CONSUMED***
    BE SURE TO LABEL THIS AS "CHALLENGE #3"!!

AS WITH THE OTHER CHALLENGES YOUR POINTS WILL STAY “GREEN” UNTIL READ IF THEY STAY RED, LOOK AGAIN!
    EXAMPLE:

CHALLENGE #3
    I ate four green vegetables this week. They were brussel sprouts, kale, asparagus, and zucchini.

***NOTE: GREEN ALCOHOLIC DRINKS DO NOT COUNT***
    IT DOESN’T GET MUCH EASIER THAN THAT DOES IT?
    MUST BE THE LUCK O' THE IRISH!

BEFORE WE GO I’D LIKE YOU TO ENJOY THE FOLLOWING LIVE PERFORMANCE BY CELTIC WOMAN. (AND AWARD 5 BONUS MINUTES IF ACTIVE)

“Celtic Woman - You Raise Me Up” DONE

82/700 MINUTES

Mon - 82
    Tue -
    Wed -
    Thur -
    Fri -
    Sat -
    Sun -

I will fill in my challenges points as I go, but will only log my minutes here til the end see how they like the torture..LOL Of course I plan to max out yet again this week. The weather is gonna give me a run for my minutes though they have taken away some of my dry time outside :'(

LET'S GO TEAM SMASHERS !!!
  • tarpguys
    Options
    I'm done with Challenge 3
    I ate broccoli and okra for lunch and fresh spinach and parsley for dinner. The broccoli and okra I made into a cream of broccoli soup a THM recipe. I love it! For dinner I made the "Lazy Lazagne" also THM and it calls for spinach. I added the parsley. This was the first time I tried that recipe and it was very good and easy. I will definitely make it again.
  • carinamenina
    Options
    Challenge #1
    I chose the "Muay Thai Anyone?" kickboxing video from Week 4 (Thailand)!
    Picked it because I actually really like this video (I had already done it a couple more times on my own since the initial challenge week). It gives me a good, quick workout and gets my heartrate up. Plus it's a good change from my normal workout of running. Gotta work out that upper body.
  • carinamenina
    Options
    I was pacing back and forth last night while I watched the Ireland videos and just getting in some active minutes...and I realized 20 minutes in that I had plugged in my FitBit to charge an hour before and I hadn't put it back on. GAHHHH!!!! I was so mad at myself. I hate not getting credit for all those steps :P I'm still counting the active minutes, though. Because I did them.

So, challenges 1 and 2 are both done! Still working on Challenge #3 but that should be complete soon. Feeling good about this week. How is everyone? Seems kinda quiet. Hope you're all okay!