TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options

The spreadsheets are now working! There two links in the top right hand corner for questions. Please use them to contact @hawkins410 about the challenges, and I can be reached through the "Spreadsheet and Technical Questions Link".
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    @vowders list covers the basics quite well but one thing he didn't mention (although it's been mentioned elsewhere) is the challenges make up a HUGE component of the points. Several of our teammates (@ka97-looking at you here) HATE the dancing videos with every fiber of their being. Do them anyway! this is a challenge right?! And challenges are supposed to take you outside your comfort zone. So. Tomorrow when I get home from golf I will turn on the videos and do them even though I'm not a fan. But I love to win! I need to go buy some oranges now....
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Hi Team One - I have been warned that you all are absolutely crazy and competitive....I think I will fit right in! :D

Becky
    I enjoy weight training to Cathe Freidrich dvds, Bikram yoga, swimming, and walking during my boys football practices.

I live in Phoenix, AZ. It's brown and hot. I am jealous of the green that many of you posted with where you live. My honey and I have been married for 12 1/2 years, have 3 kids (12, 10, and 4 - 2 boys and a girl), 2 dogs, and a tortoise.

I am really excited to be part of your team (I just finished eating an orange, too).
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Oh wow - busy here already :smiley: !!! I will try to keep up, but usually don't get around to checking in until the evening after work and after working out.

1. NAME: Kim

2. FAVORITE WAY TO EXERCISE: dancing! - hahahahahaha NOT

Ok seriously - I run. I love the simplicity of it - get dressed, go outside, run. No equipment necessary, no drive to the gym, just go. I'm still rehabbing an ankle, but hoping to do a couple of half marathons in March and April. Currently I'm doing a Winter Warrior Challenge through a local running company - run outside every day in January.
    I also love to lift weights - I like feeling strong! My new favorite is treetop ropes course - unfortunately it's a bit of a drive, and it's seasonal, so not something I can do on a regular basis, though I am planning to get an annual membership when the reopen in spring.

3. WHERE YOU ARE FROM (TOWN/STATE/PROVINCE) Westford MA

4. ONE OR TWO SENTENCES DESCRIBING WHERE YOU LIVE (PICTURES ARE FUN, BUT NOT A REQUIREMENT) Westford is a suburb roughly 45 minutes north of Boston. It's a pretty boring town, but I guess not to far from Boston (which is where I grew up), and we are just south of the NH border.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    @smile_laughter -hubby and I will be in Scottsdale in march! We are going out early to play and are looking for some things to do. We've been north of Phoenix (Sedona, flagstaff, meteor crater, Grand Canyon) so don't want to repeat that any suggestions? We love hiking and being outdoors (but I don't camp!).
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @cardbucfan is correct - I hate hate hate the dance videos. I doubt there is anyone on here who hates the dance videos more than I do. So yeah, just suck it up and do it. But to add to @vowder's list - I strongly recommend doing the dance videos away from the company of your four legged friends - they are just not helpful.

@smile_laughter I lived in Sierra Vista AZ for 8 years. It was brown and ugly :(

@hawkins410 I didn't see a Q&A thread......do golden delicious apples count for the nutritional challenge? They are gold. And round.

• TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Wow! This is going to be the best race yet! I can tell!
    I love getting to know everyone! I have learned some about the crew I didn't know last Race!
    @Vowder pretty much covered it! Except I wouldn't recommend doing all of a stair challenge in one day! Your legs might not be very forgiving! Who takes care of the animals when you go on vacation?
    @cardbucfan I will miss Paris adventures this time

• aenglehardt347
    aenglehardt347 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Ni Hao

1. NAME: April

2. FAVORITE WAY TO EXERCISE: Walking the dogs, Treadmill, Exercise bike

3. WHERE YOU ARE FROM (TOWN/STATE/PROVINCE) Watevliet, Michigan, USA

AND

4. ONE OR TWO SENTENCES DESCRIBING WHERE YOU LIVE (PICTURES ARE FUN, BUT NOT A REQUIREMENT) I live in a very small city that is surrounded by fruit and vegetable farms and beautiful lakes. My husband and I have four fur babies and live in a 117 year old house.

I had 2 oranges today
  • aenglehardt347
    aenglehardt347 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Love that we are starting out so strong! Go Team 1! United We WIN
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 5,010 Member
    Options
    Excellent!!! Everybody has checked into the thread and more than half of us have the 4 question greeting done! Plus I see great minutes on the spreadsheet and on your walls! Don't forget to post to the spreadsheet often! That keeps me from haunting >:) you on Sunday!
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    rfocx3kar450.png
    First day numbers are looking good!
    I am the unofficial team cheerleader!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm back! Hi team! Great to see you all and meet our new teammates.

1. NAME: Kat

2. FAVORITE WAY TO EXERCISE: Running and hiking are my main and favorite ways to exercise. I just started running about 18 months ago, and I really like to see my progress and meet new goals. I did two half marathons last year. Not sure what I'll do for distance races this year, but I do a few 5k races here and there. For hiking, I love to explore local (and not so local) trails with my dog Stella (more to come on her!).

I also enjoy yoga and swimming when I can make myself take time for them. I'm also not wild about the dancing videos, but salsa is my favorite if I have to :). I also took up snowshoeing and cross-country skiing this year but the lack of snow has limited my opportunities. We'll see how it goes from here!

4. WHERE YOU ARE FROM (TOWN/STATE/PROVINCE): Syracuse NY USA.

4. A BRIEF (OR LONG) DESCRIPTION OF WHERE YOU LIVE: Syracuse is in central New York state, and usually it is at this time of year a snow-covered winter wonderland (if you like that kind of thing). We typically get lake effect snow in huge amounts, but right now we are snow free and it was 50 degrees over the weekend. But a winter storm is coming overnight so that could all change tomorrow. This area is beautiful, with so many lakes and gorgeous places to hike. The Adirondack mountains are not far, as well as the Finger Lakes and the Great Lakes.

I have one fur child, Stella - who is a mixed terrier of mystery. I adopted her from rescue back in October. She is about 2 years old and full of crazy. She loves to hike and run with me, and she loooooves treats of all kinds. She's currently taking an obedience class and trying hard to learn to mind her manners. She has some issues with meeting people, perhaps due to her past which is unknown (but she was found in the streets, pulling a large dog crate by a chain around her neck). It breaks my heart to think about but she is mine now and I am hers.

Pictures you say? Here are some from a hike Stella and I took this weekend, right by where I live
    513mvt4og6in.jpg
    6x7vhv7xkscv.jpg
    jcrjcks2zun2.jpg
    fvmvkr238swg.jpg
    7s0wd2uvip4i.jpg

And one from class :) Who's a good girl?
    u4fm5ledsryz.jpg

• Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    My numbers sucked today. But that's because I was hooking up wifi extenders in my house so that I can do the wacky dances upstairs away from anyone and also my fur babies. Bad enough I have to listen to them whine at the bottom of the stairs when I go upstairs to do the videos definitely don't need them under foot in my small room. I'll catch up, no worries
  • LeoLivingByDesign
    LeoLivingByDesign Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm sick today and not getting my minutes in, I promise to do extra the rest of the week to make up for it.