TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    LOVE all the fur babies. I wish I had a bunch more myself, cats and dogs, but I can barely keep up with myself and Stella. @hawkins410 those are such great pictures of Tara!

Another walk completed tonight. The day was mentally exhausting but it felt good to get some fresh air (though cold). I ate another sumo mandarin, plus as a bonus had the juice of an orange in the citrus skillet shrimp I made for dinner! One more day to go for that challenge, and the 2 remaining videos to do.
  • aenglehardt347
    aenglehardt347 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic doing great! @Vowder I wished I lived closer so I could get one of those puppies @mamaelf2008 we are here for you, that is what teammates are for. @hawkins410 love your pictures of your fur baby

Everyone is doing fabulous! Let's keep up the great work.

I finished all three videos tonight after work and just in case we need to tag you @MissionEnforcer
  • aenglehardt347
    Options
    Oh and I forgot to add that I had 2 oranges yesterday and one today. Have my lunch and breakfast packed for tomorrow and oranges are included again!
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    @mamaelf2008 don't worry about us and focus on your family and yourself. We are thinking of you all.

Videos done and will hopefully remember to get some orange fruit tomorrow morning so I can start that challenge.

Apparently I can't figure out how to access the spreadsheet from my phone again this challenge, lol, I will try to figure it out in the morning so hopefully the rest of you will not have to pick up my slack and post for me on the weekends ;)
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 5,010 Member
    Options
    So here is Team One:
    International @ejdp254 from South Wales England, and @wolvinnetje Netherland/Belgium. Across Canada is represented with @LeoLivingByDesign in New Brunswick, @AlethaMary in the center in Ontario, and our own gameskeeper @Vowder in Alberta. Along with out teammates above, the more of the team is above the Mason Dixon line then below it. the midwest is well represented with @mts7471 in the Windy City, @aenglehardt347 and @MimiOfTheLusciousLawn in MI. @Hawkins4 you weren't thinking about too many outdoor challenges?? We have another desert gal with @smile_laughter joining the team from Phoenix.

We didn't ask for occupations but we must be a smart team because @hawkins410 @katharmonic @ka97 @TamiJo1004 @GSXRGIRL61 are all in the education field. -- Anyone else?

Dogs outrank cats. I was going to see how many fur babies are associate team members but no way could I keep count!! I have to put Tara as the team captain of the fur babies.

I think we have every kind of physical fitness method represented too. Dog Walkers, Golf pros @cardbucfan Zumba lovers @mswanger09 Obstacle racers @AlethaMary , and a whole lot of Hard Core athletes. If you stick with team one @junodog1, we will have you loving sweat in no time! I think I saw a first time fitness class attending tonight @MimiOfTheLusciousLawn .

@Ingrid2017 I think you are the only one who still needs to do challenge 1? @Mamaelf2008 our thoughts go out to you for your FIL. Take time to relief some stress.

Thanks for everyone's hard work these first couple of days. Lots of great minutes!
  • Ingrid2017
    Ingrid2017 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

1) My name is Ingrid.
    2) My favorite form of exercise is hiking and swimming.
    3) I live in SLO County (San Luis Obispo) on the central coast of California, although I grew up in Minnesota.
    4) It's very hilly where I live with many great areas to hike. There are also beautiful dog friendly beaches nearby. The recent rains have made everything green and beautiful!
    5) My Furbaby is a Westie puppy named Fluffy :), who became a part of my life in mid November. Fluffy loves to hike with me, but with all of the rain we've been getting it's been somewhat of a challenge. Fluffy has been a lot less "fluffy" lately, and might have to renamed Mudball! :/
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Hi Team 1 - I am going to try to catch up on everyone's posts later today - I have to run off to work. I have been eating my oranges and am almost done with the dance videos. I wanted to at least input my workout minutes on the spreadsheet.

Have a great day!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hey @Ingrid2017: This is how I picture Fluffy
    after all the rain California finally got! :D
    35bae49f633c90df6f2dee5a1550d99a.jpg
  • wolvinnetje
    wolvinnetje Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Goodafternoon All,

@mamaelf2008 my thoughts are with you sweet sis take good care on yourself and the family.

So adorable that cute pictures of the dogs and cats I only had a rabbit a few years ago (it was such a sweet thing he followed me like a dog:-)) but even from him I had allergic if he was loosing his hair.If I go for an audition for "The walking"dead than I get a main part really my face look very uggly than.
    Yeah yeah I can read minds lol (what is the difference with now you all think) believe me it can be worse. :D
    I love self-mockery maybe weird for the newbies but that's me ....I don't take life to serious all the time a day not laughed is a day not lived in my opinion.
    And always a serious face or crumpy face make you look very old.

For now we are on the no1 position let us keep that position ( no pressure at all lol)

Let us keep up the good work and have a great day

1k6azbgdrogu.jpg

• Ingrid2017
    Ingrid2017 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    Hey @Ingrid2017: This is how I picture Fluffy
    after all the rain California finally got! :D
    35bae49f633c90df6f2dee5a1550d99a.jpg

Soooo funny! That's about right, except for the white parts!!! :D
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    Three words.

Cara cara oranges.

Yum!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    @mamaelf2008 sorry about your FIL. Take care of your family and yourself. We are here for you!
    @120maggie Thanks for the team summary!

I've got challenge 1 done, challenge 2 done, and challenge 3 almost done. I had a short run after work today and headed out to kickboxing soon. After that.....so honestly I've got some birthday celebrating coming up. Most likely no workout tomorrow, and then Friday will be a late evening at work so I can hopefully get all my lessons prepped and ready for Monday. I'll try to make up for it with a long run on Saturday.
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    @mamaelf2008 sorry about your FIL. Take care of your family and yourself. We are here for you!
    @120maggie Thanks for the team summary!

I've got challenge 1 done, challenge 2 done, and challenge 3 almost done. I had a short run after work today and headed out to kickboxing soon. After that.....so honestly I've got some birthday celebrating coming up. Most likely no workout tomorrow, and then Friday will be a late evening at work so I can hopefully get all my lessons prepped and ready for Monday. I'll try to make up for it with a long run on Saturday.

Well said @ka97
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    @mamaelf2008 I am working out in your honor tonight! Prayers!
  • smile_laughter
    Options
    @cardbucfan - I am trying to think of some place for you to go when you come to visit. There is a really nice boat ride called the Dolly Steamboat tour (https://dollysteamboat.com). My honey and kids did it, and we all enjoyed it. It's not "go go go" but more of a sit back and enjoy the scenery type of event. There is a little "ghost town" on the drive to the Steam boat tour that is nice.

There is some really nice hiking between Phx and Payson. http://www.alltrails.com/us/arizona/payson

Have you visited the Lava tubes outside of Flagstaff? That is really neat (it's very cold inside).

I will try to think of some other things, too. :)
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    @mamaelf2008, my thoughts are with you and your family. Big hugs, take care of each other.

I like the idea of working out in @mamaelf2008's honor. Tonight I will do one extra video for you!

Hubs and I had our Wednesday walk and shop day. I now have a new suit that I will stay in while doing water aerobics next! (It was kind of hard holding the suit up and jumping or bobbing or whatever at the same time!) We also got in a 6 miler, which we try to hit on Sundays and Wednesdays, weather permitting. I start run camp next Saturday so that'll help put up some good numbers here, too. ;)

I'm done with Challenge 1, should finish #2 tonight and #3 tomorrow. Woohoo, this is going to be just the push I need to get off my butt more!! <3
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @mamaelf2008, I'm so very sorry for the loss of your father in law. My heart goes out to you.

I hope the rest of the team is well and had a good Wednesday. Another stressful work day for me, but I managed a walk this morning and a run after work - both with Stella tagging along.

I finished my 3rd sumo mandarin today. I love those things, so sweet and bigger than a clementine so more satisfying.

I have a pounding stress headache though so I'm going to wrap it up and go to bed - maybe tucked in with some hot tea or cocoa first - and hopefully get a good night's sleep.
  • smile_laughter
    Options
    I am also sorry for your loss. Positive thoughts and energy are being sent your way, mamaelf2008.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Hello team.

So I did technically did the challenge videos 1, 2 and 4 this morning. Will do 3 tomorrow. I say technically because I do no think anyone watching me would have recognized my motions as being what was happening on the video. Except for 1 - stretching is easy. That marching in number 2 was fine - until I had to waving my arms around. I got no coordination. Three - HA!

The fruit "challenge" - or should I say no challenge. I'm a Floridian! That puppy's done. Not doing well with my diary though. May update that tomorrow.

Got 2 questions if the Cap'n is around, or anyone else can answer.
    1. Do I need to detail out my exercise time in minutes using comments in the spreadsheet or can I just enter 50 if I walked 30 and did something else for 20?
    2. Do I have to sync entries in my personal diaries for food and exercise. I do not usually log exercise and my food diary upkeep has been slacking lately.

• aenglehardt347
    Options
    Sorry Team I only got 45 minutes in today it's a cold misty snow/rain and the dogs didn't even want to be out with it being slightly windy. Back to winter weather here. Will have to get back on the treadmill. I had another orange today 3 days in a row 4 oranges..met my goal for 5 points but I will keep at I love fruit. Only got to check in for a minute tonight, had to bring work home with me. See you all tomorrow.
    Everyone have a great night and keep strong