TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    5K done! I was all - MUSH STELLA, MUSH! And she was all, whatever.
    wols60npfnq8.jpg

We slogged it through 3.38 miles of our Iditarod. 7.11 miles left!

Have a great Monday everyone.
    ytp8tdbj2awp.jpg

Editing to add - my vice I'm going to give up this week is Starbucks lattes (and similar coffee shop lattes). This is a big one for me both money and sometimes calorie wise. I usually get a skinny vanilla latte but I treat myself on the way to work more days than I like. Also when I travel I tend to way over indulge in this so it's a struggle for me this week for sure given I am busy at work and feel like I *deserve* a treat (in fact, before I decided this I had planned to stop at Starbucks on the way to work shortly) and I am traveling and will have to pass up the airport and hotel starbucks. Wish me luck.
  • wolvinnetje
    wolvinnetje Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Goodevening all,

We did it again isn't that great and we share this week so we are nice and kind to :D

@hawkins410 what a great challenges this week again and a lovely destination.

For challenge 1 I will go for the 5k outside it force me this way to walk outside

For challenge 3 a little question because I don't understand so well... we have to leave 1 of our favorite food or drink out of our diet is that right? and this for 5 days? If this is right I will leave my cappucino or latte out of my diet ohhhhhhhhhh it will be hard but I try.
    I also can leave my orange juice mmmmm no that's not smart because that are almost the oly vitamins I get in besides my veggies so no I keep it on the cappucino or latte.

@katharmonic Ahhhhhh I just read back your message we can start a group acd (anonymous coffee drinkers) so who will join us ;)

Have a great week everybody and do your best more can't you do

• Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Great job Team!! That will surely burn Team 4 having a tie and then us winning by overall points!!

I would love to go to Alaska and take my Daisy May with to pull my sled. She's one big muscle that goes like an energizer bunny if there is a ball I front of her.

My vice to give up will be chocolate anything!! A big weakness for me-especially after lunch!! But I will do it.

If weather keeps warming up I'll get my 5K in. I need to get ready for the summer 5Ks I usually do.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Challenge 2 done! I did the TOTAL BODY BEGINNER WORKOUT. Even though I'm not a beginner I added this workout to my regularly scheduled lifting plan for the day. Total strength minutes today :52! Plus the 45 minute spin class. So spreadsheet updated for those. I will for sure get the two short distance outside walks done when I golf this week and when we are out hiking next weekend. Since there aren't bonus points for the longer one I will post that challenge complete tomorrow when I get home but I will certainly still be tracking my minutes!

I'm leaving a couple of things behind. First off-no drinking until Saturday night! That's not that big of a deal for me but we do have a reception Thursday night where hubby is being honored so no alcohol for me that night and also no Mikes' Hard lemonade while watching TV at night. Also, after my Saturday night pre-ball pity party I am tightening up my eating in two ways. No processed carbs (bread, pasta, rice, clif bars but I will still have my protein powder and chocolate chips!) and I'm going to give a version of intermittent fasting a try. I usually eat something small before the gym and before golf but I'm going to see if I can go 15 hours between finishing dinner and eating the next day. I did it today and didn't fall off the spin bike in a dead faint so maybe?
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    wvvvc3fu88t3.png

I'll hitch up my team and see you there
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    i86393a00pll.jpg

TARA IS RARING TO GO TOO! :)
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options

@Vowder - I just melt every time I see your puppies.
    @katharmonic – almost made me spit out my coffee laughing. You could make Stella into a meme – “yeah whatever.”

If we are trying to make a sled dog team I am afraid that Ellie (making her first appearance here) is not so sure about this idea.

u3hz99w6pyxp.jpg

She thinks she is part of the human pack. She'll be happy to ride on the sleigh.

oqf8s5wgpjcc.jpg

• Ingrid2017
    Ingrid2017 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Everyone! :)

Wow, We can really be proud for the tie last week !! Hopefully we'll be a little less sick and injured this week....

My vice to give up will be diet sodas...I know they're bad for me, but I'm addicted. I'll try and stay with water, now that I'm getting used to drinking it ;)

I'm going to start working on the challenges early again this week. After watching everyone getting sick last week, I think the more I can get done earlier, the better.

@Vowder Are your puppies as sweet as they look, or is it an act for the camera? :D You should make a calander with their pictures!

cb344m7kfu72.jpeg

Have a Great Day Everyone!!
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I thought I did a post but don't see it here. If it comes up twice... oh well.

Really pumped for this week. Love Alaska. Have been both a musher and a rider in the past. Riding in a dog sled is scary because if the Musher loses control there is no stopping the dogs.

Feeling strong this week.

1. Will swim 2.5k tomorrow.
    2. Will do strength tonight or perhaps Wednesday night. (Son coming home from Hawaii Swim Training camp today. He may demand all my time).
    3. Will give up starch for the week. Time to get back to a low carb diet.

Inuit men and women are known for their wit and humor and will make for a great visit later this week. Don't expect to see many in uncomfortable clothing.

Whhoooo haaaaa

• hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    e1viz0vzzwpb.png
    It's so fun to see our dog team forming! Stella's attitude is hilarious, Mamaelf's trio
    looks ready to head out, we can let Ellie ride in the sled, and @Ingrid2017, I'm just not sure if George will make it! ;)
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    All the videos watched while on the treadmill. (Hit the jackpot on those mins). Someday I would like to go to Alaska I am a big fan of husky dogs in fact they are my the most favorite dogs. Also wouldn't mind seeing the Northern Light I can just imagine myself sitting under those northern lights and look the natural beauty for hours and hours

Just completed challenge 2. That is the toning workout I have been doing lately.

I have decided to give up on girls scout cookies. They are my weakness since Katy is in girls scout and with the cookies season. I ordered bunch of those.... (bad Mauli)
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Running and weight lifting this week! Now that's my kind of challenge!!! :D Obviously I'll be doing the whole iditarod (at least twice). I'll wait to post the points until I've done the whole distance all at once - it will keep me on track for my long run next weekend.

@katharmonic @wolvinnetje Good luck with the challenge! I could join your coffee anonymous group, but I am not, can not, will not give up my coffee! Nope nope nope! So I guess that means I'm giving up wine this week :#:s

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @ka97 - notice I didn't say I was giving up ALL coffee, just the lattes and other purchased fancy coffee drinks. I can only do so much!

@wolvinnetje you had the same idea so yes, we're in this together. Good luck! Now that you mention it, a capuccino sounds wonderful... I survived today so it can be done.

We have quite a dog team lined up with puppies, reluctant dogs, and fired up dogs. I have a feeling @Mamaelf2007's crew is going to have to do most of the work, and maybe Tara (but she looks like a bit of a goofball so I don't know). Stella might help once she sees the other dogs and flips into crazy mode.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    I went thru my diary for the last several weeks to see what I could give up that would be a challenge.
    COFFEE IS NOT AN OPTION.
    Chocolate - I really haven’t been eating it. No problem.
    Alcohol – while it does show up – mostly in my vitamins meal - giving it up for five days is not a problem.
    Bread and other processed grains – might be a little harder BUT

I am going for CHEESE. This is cheeses liked you slice or crumble or eat in cubes on a toothpick with you pinkly finger held out. I eat cheese on my salads. I had already planned a few melt sammiches this week. I just bought a new, big bag of babybell cheeses at Costco!

smb1731jbsty.jpg
    1te0aoh1up5b.jpg
    s2uxz78dpjdo.jpg

Disclaimer: This is not all dairy. Cottage Cheese is not cheese.
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    @Vowder - I just melt every time I see your puppies.
    @katharmonic – almost made me spit out my coffee laughing. You could make Stella into a meme – “yeah whatever.”

If we are trying to make a sled dog team I am afraid that Ellie (making her first appearance here) is not so sure about this idea.

u3hz99w6pyxp.jpg

She thinks she is part of the human pack. She'll be happy to ride on the sleigh.

oqf8s5wgpjcc.jpg

Adorable
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    3 miles done on the treadmill. I was on Tamika watch. Blew the first day of giving up chocolate. Good thing it's not a 7 day challenge.
    I to will not and could not give up my coffee. Well I could but I would be very cranky. Got the videos watched.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Ok, I lied. I THOUGHT, at 5am, I could live without cheese. I have realized I was having a moment of the crazies. After reconsidering, I will give up (gasp) peanut butter. I've been having quite the love affair with it the past few weeks and I need to nip that in the *kitten*. Natural, good for you, healthy fat peanut butter needs to sit in the penalty box for a week (or more). No peanut butter burgers, no easy protein/fat source, no stick your knife in and don't log it bites. I can do this.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Ok, I lied. I THOUGHT, at 5am, I could live without cheese. I have realized I was having a moment of the crazies. After reconsidering, I will give up (gasp) peanut butter. I've been having quite the love affair with it the past few weeks and I need to nip that in the *kitten*. Natural, good for you, healthy fat peanut butter needs to sit in the penalty box for a week (or more). No peanut butter burgers, no easy protein/fat source, no stick your knife in and don't log it bites. I can do this.

Peanut butter is my love too!

Bailey asked if she could join the dog team. Granted she has no manners but based on how she pulls me when we walk she's freaking strong!6wrw14k4j1g9.jpeg
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    Sorry for my absence - for the first time in 14 months, I am sick. This really bites. So, no workout minutes yesterday. Today, I am going to Bikram Yoga in hopes to sweat out whatever is in me, then I am headed home to sleep on the couch.

I am giving up chips this week, so yesterday was a success.

@cardbucfan and @katharmonic - have a great time here in AZ. We have had an unusual amount of rain lately, so I hope everything is really green when you get here.

• Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    cardbucfan wrote: »

Peanut butter is my love too!

Bailey asked if she could join the dog team. Granted she has no manners but based on how she pulls me when we walk she's freaking strong!6wrw14k4j1g9.jpeg

@junodog1 Ellie can ride in the sled with Tamika- she just don't "have it" anymore.

@cardbucfan Bailey can be I. Front with Daisy May. She doesn't ha e many manners either but is strong as an ox!!!

What a sled team we have going on here. We should have a whole team of dogs (if not 2) with how many dogs we all own!!! A sure sign we'll beat everyone to the finish line.