TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,970 Member
    Options
    No fair @hawkins410 !!@! You know I'm not in top form and he is definitely one of the best!!!!
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    We settled a contract and are running retro pay at work for our lowest paid employees. That makes it important – at least in my mind- that we get it out as quickly as possible. Therefore, I am assisting the payroll team and working extra hours. (I would say overtime but I do not get paid OT.) Since this is restricting my miles contributions for a few days, let me contribute some Thailand trivia.

While I love doggies, in my heart I am first a kitty person. Thailand has a variety of cats, Domestic

v7y0tg6o3yjc.jpgabd1ln2m1cpk.jpg

and wild.

wzrkrr3j615c.jpg

pfdqbwpz00o1.jpg

The last picture above is one of the more interesting wild cats, called a fishing cat. If you want to read about the fishing cat here is a link to a national Geographic story with videos. voices.nationalgeographic.com/2014/01/28/vandal-fishing-cats-lead-to-rare-wildlife-discovery-video/

You may want to curl up here to watch it:
    ri7yb3hjv2wm.jpg

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    re above - HA! I'm in the wrong destination. No wonder we are not in Venice yet. :#
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    @junodog1: Those pics and video are so cool! Any pic from any destination is fun for us all! Especially since I seem to stick to pups and forget about our poor kitty friends! Thank you for posting them! :)

Team, I hate to say it. I've been battling it as hard as I can, but I find myself on the sick list. It will probably be a zero for today. :/ So don't count on me for a "700" this week. At the rate I'm going, we may be going back to Thailand and seeing @junodog1's kitties! Hopefully a little rest and I'll be fit as a fiddle soon. I already have my Ball Gown for the Masquerade Party and Italian men are oh-so-fine! ;)
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,970 Member
    Options
    OK with @hawkins410 joining the sicko list I have to say I'm coming off. It was so good to lace up this morning!!! I didn't do a lot but I got an easy 30 minutes this morning and a 35 min walk at lunch. I have to be careful not to push it. But I am back among the human race!! I may even sleeping the same room with my husband tonight!!! I was banished. I guess the down side is no more comfort food.
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,680 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @hawkins410 - I am smiling and feeling all warm and fuzzy.....thx for the glorious Ryan pic. Yum
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    @cardbucfan - thx for sharing why you are going into surgery. I hope it goes really well and that your recovery goes smoothly.

I am officially laying down the law- no one else is allowed to get sick. Please get well those that are feeling bleck.

I hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying their Thursday.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    635718179736821202671121694_1884c1f730672364baa210d01a85d42bec44ad85973ed6d30a25bc15ed4c153e.jpg

Darn it, I should have seen this before my crappy run... it could have made ALL the difference!!
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    @hawkins410 I hope you feel better soon. This sickness has hit our team bad. Stay healthy everyone and stay away from anyone carrying the creeping crud disease!!! I did what I could today and just can't do anymore. I just hurt all over. Could be my weather detection system warning me about the bad weather coming tonight. Hoping that's what it is. If I get some energy I will try to do more.
    How are we supposed to have our wine if everyone is sick????
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Challenge video 1 - I call it knee messed up video completed
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Hey team, we made it! Good job, despite the plague hitting the team. Sorry to hear that @hawkins410 is now down, happy to have @120maggie come back off the sick list. A little wine and a gondola ride might help everyone bounce back.

I'm good here. Had a great morning - it was beautiful and warm out so I took Stella for a hike and then went back out for a run by myself (Stella's been a bit too draggy lately and I needed a good run). Felt so good.

Working on finishing up day 4 of the water challenge. I just keep refilling that glass. I'm a bit behind pace to get to 700 minutes but hoping I will be able to catch up tomorrow and over the weekend. I still need to do the first video also.
  • hawkins410
    edited February 2017
    Options
    13627.jpg
    I THINK HE HAS A PUPPY.
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    13627.jpg
    I THINK HE HAS A PUPPY.

I could scratch him behind the esrd ;) the puppy!!!

Got 4 days of water done. Will get the last one tomorrow

Great job Team 1!!! Nothing will stop us!!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Wishing everyone who is still sick or injured a quick recovery!!!!!
    @hawkins410 - who knew those exercise videos could be so dangerous??? I say next time we just do straight up weighlifting :wink:

@Vowder This popped up as a facebook memory today and I thought of you. The photo was taken about 3 weeks post ankle surgery, and just a day or two after I traded my splint for a walking boot. Sadly I was still on crutches and not walking. But I figured out a way to workout at the gym! I'm not necessarily recommending this, but.....with a little creativity, it can be done.
    I should add, I was fully cleared by my doctor to do seated and upperbody lifting at that point.
    2lr2s7yzg5j0.jpg

I have not put any of my minutes into the spreadsheet yet, so I'll get on that soon.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Sheesh, I'm glad none of you are close enough to me to breathe on me! Get well!

Today's plan was to go to spin class. Then I remembered the teacher is in New Orleans and I don't like the sub so as soon as DH leaves for work I'm gonna do video one and knock that out and I've got a video to do for another challenge. Plus I will walk the beast so can get several minutes for today. And I will finish the water challenge today too so that's all good news.

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Video 1 Done!

Team 4 has a big lead right now and is only 20 points behind us in the overall standings. Yikes!
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    Oh oh. We need to kick it in high gear. This weekend I plan on getting a lot of minutes as long as nothing comes up. It will all be indoor since it's snowing/sleeting/raining and windy out
  • Ingrid2017
    Ingrid2017 Posts: 47 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Happy Friday Everyone! :)

Looks like we're kind of a mess.... Everyone who isn't sick or injured (which isn't many) really needs to step it up this week! We owe it to our great teammates who are down for the count! We especially need to complete the challenges! It takes 545 minutes of exercise to equal one 10 point challenge!

To those of us who are sick and injured: Be sure and ask hawkins410 for challenge modifications. She's always offering them, and we should take advantage of it; but most of all...GET BETTER SOON! <3

z3adv99pf78y.jpg
  • hawkins410
    Options
    I'm back off the disabled list! Just needed some R&R! Yay! B)

I found a hotel that might suit us for our lodging this weekend:
    v4ur1zfd0gyt.jpg

But Team One really needs to get going with the Challenges!
    frdktjh8q0zj.jpg
    Challenge #2 is SITTING DOWN! :o

As @Ingrid2017 pointed out, message me for any challenge modifications if necessary!

I don't believe we should hang out at a bar until we have completed our Challenges! ;)
    WHAT DO YOU SAY TEAM ONE?
    ARE WE WILLING TO SETTLE FOR SECOND PLACE!?