ifebruary workout was wonderful . . .

12346»

Replies

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    mustb60 wrote: »
    ".. riding around with your knees coming up to your ears all the time just can't be that great."
    Made me chuckle! :D

:wink: *kitten*-to-grass cycling . . . yeah, no. i stopped at the rec centre after work today, but there was just not no way. after 90 minutes of mobility type stuff and kettlebells etc, still no sign of ever being able to buy a bench or get in a rack, so i'm just sitting at home plotting how to get myself weekly massages until all this mess settles down.

the [hah] local college of massage therapy used to charge 30 bucks for a 'practicum student' massage, so i looked them up and almost swallowed my pen when i saw they now sell some kind of pre-loaded frequent-flyer card that drops the price to FIFTEEN. fifteen bucks for a 60-minute massage!! okay, it's students and okay, you have to play your side of the deal by spending some of that time on assessment etc, but even so.

there's a chance it was just a last-month promotion thing, but i'm calling them tomorrow anyway. and if that card is still going ima buy me that card and just make a project of finding out what happens when you go get a massage every week for two months.

• DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Bench Day

band pulls 3x12
    bench 2x10 @ 45, 1x10 @ 65, 2x10 @ 75
    close grip paused bench 1x6 @ 45, 1x7 and 1x10 @ 55
    incline bench 2x10 @ 55
    standing calf raises 2x10 @ 90

• jowaring
    jowaring Posts: 145 Member
    Today's workout
    I pulled my back on Monday, hoovering of all things lol so decided to deload slightly on squats to see how it was.1x5@65lbs,85lbs then 5x5@100lbs.back felt fine thankfully.

Bench 1x5@45,55 then 5x5@67lbs.first time at this weight.was a struggle at the end so will stay at this weight next time.bench is my favourite lift at the moment ,something clicked with form a few weeks back and I've been able to increase weight regularly.

Rows.1x5@45lbs 5x5@67lbs.these never feel easy.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-6X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-28X 10 X 30

40lbs loss by May 27th Challenge
    Take a Walk every day!

• lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 17,513 Member
    Yesterday: a messy schedule didn't allow me a lot of time. Managed to do squats and bench press and that was it.

Squats: 1 x 10 @ 45 lb (still watching form), 1 x 10 @ 55 lb, 3 x 5 @ 70 lb I could probably do more
    DB bench press - 1 x 10 @ 27.5 lb dbs, 4 x 5 @ 30 lb dbs
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Hi all. I'm back after a long hiatus and am starting up SL again. Hopefully I can see some kind of changes in my body this time around as long as I keep to my macros.

yesterdays workout

Squats: 5x6 @60 lbs.
    Overhead Press: 5x5 @50 lbs. Not the greatest form on my last set but finished.
    deadlifts: 1x5@ 80 lbs.

I know I can do more weights on squats and deadlifts but I'm taking it easy this time around. A few weeks ago, I strained my glutous muscle/tendon/periformis so don't want to start hard.