Scale Victories

Options
1235»

Replies

• dawnz75
    dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    After 4 weeks off plan and now 2 weeks back on, I am finally back down to my numbers for the end of May. Ready to start posting some scale numbers again. Been 6 to 7 weeks since I have been able to enter a lower number. Excited to be back with the program!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    Every day since my last weigh in on 7/6, I have stepped onto the scale to see the exact same number. And when I checked my measurements yesterday, they had stayed the same as last month.

so I was very surprised and pleased to see a lower number this morning, my official check in day, when I stepped on the scale - I had a 1lb loss.

It's probably water weight, but I'll take it!
  • ZhivagosGirl
    ZhivagosGirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself this morning and after a hellish plateau (6 weeks) I've finally had a loss to my lowest weight for a total of 54.4 pounds.
  • dawnz75
    Options
    It has been 2 months since I have been able to enter a lower number on mfp. This morning I was able to add to my overall loss! So relieved to have worked back down from those extra pounds I found in June. Finally now back with our regular weight loss program.
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    congratulations to you both, Zhiv & Dawn!

Zhiv: a 6 week plateau? You have my greatest sympathies - that had to be so extremely frustrating! hellish indeed. But you didn't give up and finally reached the edge; that's awesome!

Dawn: 2 months?!!! You're doing wonderful by not quitting or giving up! That did have to be horribly discouraging. I'm very happy for you!
  • dawnz75
    Options
    Those 2 months were not a plateau. They were gaining 5 to 6 lbs in June and eating a bunch of junk. Then finally pulling it together and having to undo the consequences of that splurge. I am hoping I will be able to remember this when we hit the holiday season. Anyone else think Halloween to Christmas is just one big opportunity for junk food indulgence? Let be there for each other this year and see some positive scale results through those months.
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    Finally finally finally! I had a woosh this week and lost 4 lbs. Considering my mental state the last few weeks, this was badly needed!

I'm so close to my first primary goal now, I can taste it. I'll have to brace myself because I do expect a slow down next week, but I'm very happy today!
  • gazellefish
    gazellefish Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Congrats @bmeadows380 !! I know how much of a relief it is to finally have the scale move! I saw your check-in post, too - I had to start running in the mornings for the exact same reason, it's too hot to walk during the day and I'm too tired at night. Maybe start small with that if you can? As for weight training, you can start with a yoga mat and some bodyweight stuff like squats for now and progress when you're ready! That's basically how I started. You got this!
  • gazellefish
    Options
    I finally whooshed to my second mini goal of 220!! After a weekend of hanging out on the river and not really policing myself but being the most conscious I've ever been about my activity level/food intake and I did it! Sometimes I really think a relaxing few days is the key to my whooshes.
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    When I first signed up for MyfitnessPal in January, I set my goal weight at 300 lbs. I have achieved that goal this week! Now its time to go re-set my profile for the next goal!
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    I have officially lost the equivalent of an 80 lb bag of quickcrete concrete mix! And having done some concrete work this summer at my home, I know just how heavy that is, which is amazing when I think that I was carrying that much extra weight, all day long, every day of the week......
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    As of September 27, 2017, I am no longer Morbidly Obese!
    (I haven't been able to say that for over 15 years!)
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    congratulations, barney! That's fantastic!
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    congratulations, barney! That's fantastic!

@bmeadows380 ,

Thanks!...it's taken a long time (9 full months) to get there and I still have 70 more lbs to go but I think I'll get there after making it this far!
  • gazellefish
    Options
    Finally! Today was my 365th day of logging, and today was also my weekly weigh in. And I finally this morning weighed in at 274 lbs - which is 101 lbs lost. I made my mental goal of losing 100 lbs in 1 year!

Now on for the next 100..... lol

That's amazing!! Congratulations!!!! So proud of you, I hope you're proud of yourself too!!
  • MamaMaryPants
    MamaMaryPants Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Weighed in Friday list 16lbs so far. GO ME!
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    Weighed in Friday list 16lbs so far. GO ME!

Way to go indeed! Great job!

TheVonada wrote: »
    After 1 year and 22 days of actively losing weight, I'm just 1 pound away from dropping below 300 for the first time since probably 2005/2006? I AM DETERMINED TO DO IT THIS WEEK!
    The last month has been SO much yo-yo-ing around the same 5 pounds (just north of the 100 pound weight loss mark), so I'm excited to see it finally inching its way down again!

Oh I know that feeling! I stalled out right above 275 from November all the way through January. But you haven't give up yet, and maintaining around 5 lbs through the Christmas season is a victory in and of itself!
  • MamaMaryPants
    MamaMaryPants Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Second weigh in down 28 so far. A LOT farther to go but still moving the right way for a change.