Love the idea of my new diet being "eat more"

Options

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Glad it turned out well enough, though it sounds like bad surprise being stuck longer.

Pretty sure their meats aren't actually, I'm thinking some tofu or TVP mix with fat to hide the fact.

:p
  • kcmsmith0405
    kcmsmith0405 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    finally home - now the recovery begins, plenty of protein here now :D. I am resisting the urge to weight byself just yet until some of the swelling and fluid is gone. need to worry about healing not about my weight.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Glad surgery went well. Take things slowly and just concentrate on healing:)

Kelly
    Team Em2WL
  • jvezzsb01
    jvezzsb01 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Glad your surgery went well. Nourish yourself and rest.
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Glad you are home and surgery went well. Happy healing!
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • kcmsmith0405
    Options
    Thanks everyone - resting still not logging. I know I am not eating up to my protein macros - all everyone keeps bringing is carbs. Going to ask my husband to grill some chicken tomorrow.
  • kcmsmith0405
    Options
    Surgery recovery going slowly. Finally off all the pain meds though which is good because they made me want to eat all the time. Back to a normal diet mostly, still way below normal activity, though I am getting in walking and stairs. Back to the doc on Wednesday to see what activity he will clear me for.

On the upside I got the guts to weight this morning and I was at 204 which is zero gain even with all the medication munchies. Estimated calories per day is 22-2500. I can't tell if my clothes are getting tighter or looser because I have to wear stretchy yoga pants due to the 5 healing holes in my abdomen that hurt bad with jeans or regular pants on.

trying to go back to logging today just to get an idea of what I am actually consuming and to double check my protein intake.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Im glad the healing is going well.
    Just remember, things are healing, so swelling and bloating from meds will take time to go away. just keep things light and take it easy:)

Kelly
    Team EM2WL
  • empressichel
    Options
    Sounds like things are going really well.
    Glad you are taking this time to rest and heal.
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • kcmsmith0405
    Options
    So tomorrow marks 4 weeks since my surgery and I anticipate being allowed to return to mostly normal activities at my recheck. I am still not feeling back to full - stomach is still sore from the 5 holes, I am still tired and my stamina is low. First order of business is to get back to eating at TDEE, getting my protein back up and logging consistently. It should be easier as tomorrow will also be a return to full work for me (been on 4 hour days for the past week).

Next order of business is to get my workouts back to normal, I think that will take a little longer. Leaving for my big Ireland Anniversary trip on June 15th, I anticipate lots of walking and resting there, along with good protein consumption (have you seen what an Irish breakfast looks like!), so I should come back feeling back to myself.

Its gone by fast, the time off work was nice and needed, but may I say for the record surgery sucks LOL. However, it was needed and seems to have fixed things.
  • empressichel
    Options
    Glad recovery is going well.
    Love your plan! Yes, routine really helps with getting the protein back up (I find so anyway)
    Great idea that you're not rushing yourself into anything. Those 4 weeks have gone by fast!
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • kcmsmith0405
    Options
    Not fast enough! I gained 5 lbs and not the good kind of gain. I am really looking froward to being active again.
  • kcmsmith0405
    Options
    4 weeks since my surgery - got clearance to go back to karate and work full time (YAY to the first and BOO to the second hehe). Time to get myself back on track!
  • kcmsmith0405
    Options
    Hit my Protein goals for the first time in a while. Had to go re-figure my TDEE since MFP Thinks is around 2000. So I ate that yesterday and woke up starving in the middle of the night and again this morning. Turns out its supposed to be 2200 with my current level of light activity. YAY that extra 200 cals will seem like heaven LOL.
    I think I have been far over my TDEE for the past 2 weeks at about 2600 cals a day though I was not logging.
  • empressichel
    Options
    Yay! Well done on hitting the protein !
    You'll hit your stride in no time.
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • kcmsmith0405
    Options
    # days until we head out on a vacation to Ireland for 2 weeks, not planning on tracking, just walking a lot, doing some Karate form practice and enjoying the local cuisine intuitively. I gained 6-7 lbs over the course of my surgery and recovery. The only clothing that is tight are my karate pants (everything else was a little big to start with - I was almost one size down LOL). I think the walking and getting away from American foods will go a long way toward getting rid of the surgery weight.

We are taking protein bars with us so I have some good snack foods. I will miss my protein yogurt breakfast, but I hear an Irish breakfast is protein heavy so I should be good! Breakfast is included for our entire stay.

I probably won't be checking in much until I get back. So I hope everyone has a wonderful June!

Kelly
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    have fun - glad you got recovered enough to hopefully enjoy it totally.
  • empressichel
    Options
    I'll wave to you over the Irish Sea!
    Enjoy those full Irish breakfasts!
    Have fun.
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • kcmsmith0405
    Options
    Recovered from surgery, back from vacation, 10 lbs up from the combination of those two things and I do not regret it at all :D Time to start a cut.

Since I am back to regular activity and workouts I will go with my last known TDEE of 2500 and start at a 10% cut (which I really, really do not want to do - so that must mean it is time!).

So goal: 2250 per day avg
    30% protein

Tracking starts today.
  • megrosborne
    megrosborne Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    So glad you are recovered and hope you enjoyed your holiday!
    Good luck with cut and macros :) I'm working hard on hitting that 30% protein right now and it makes such a difference!