Super Shape-Up March 2017: Week 1 (3/1-3/7)

Options

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Day 1
    'Back on the wagon' time lol.
    * Get all my 8 glasses of water in. o:)
    * Do not eat after midnight (I'm on night shift til 4:30 am) or before 2 pm (IFing). o:)
    * NO MORE CANDY EVEN IF THEY GIVE IT AWAY FREE!! Damn post holiday sales! o:)(easy until just after Easter, lol)
    "Maintainer March"
  • MizApril65
    MizApril65 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :) new to the group and loving it so far. Finding lots of great advice!

March Shape Up Challenge Goals:

Cut back on coffee, no more than 2 cups per day
    Walk for exercise 3 - 4 times per week
    Workout with weights
    Lose 8 pounds
  • Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Day one is in the books!

Exercise - Jillian and I were BFF's for 30 minutes today.

De-stressing - 10 minutes in a soaky bath with epsom salts and lavender incense!
  • TravellerRay
    TravellerRay Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Have started well. 2 hours in the gym last night. Now to keep it going.
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I'm new and posting for accountability. I was doing really well until I an allergic reaction landed me on prednisone. I gained 10 lbs in 2 months. All my fall work... gone! .....

I still remember with a shudder the six weeks I had to be on Prednisone, some 15 years ago. I know those things are invaluable for certain conditions but having read up on the side effects I nicknamed them "Scareoids." At the time I was recovering from an illness that reduced me to a 93 pound weakling but it didn't take very long to get all those lost pounds back plus some.

The prednisone effect will wear off and you'll be back in the groove in due time. Just don't beat up on yourself for something that out of your control.

P.S. Those Scareoids can wreak havoc with your sleep routines so if you're having sleep problems that too will pass.

• LEAS86
    LEAS86 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a bust...but I logged it so that's kind of winning, right?

Today is going well - on point with my carb intake, already managed 1l of water and I'm ordering myself a barbell for my birthday, used to love weights but let it slide when I gave up my gym membership.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    3/1 checkin

Water 48 oz min - YES
    Log Food - YES
    30G - NO
    Some kind of physical activity - a brief walk on my lunch at work
    7 hours of sleep - YES!!!

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    3/1/2017
    1- log all food and maintain a deficit - check
    2- weights 4x/week - pilates/yoga today
    3- not more than 1 alcoholic drink per week - 0 for the week
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I'll do an 800 minute Mix-It Up March:

Walking (after my blisters earned in February heal)
    7 Minute Workout App (android)
    Stationary Recumbent: 20 minutes today
    Low Impact Aerobics: 25min.
    Yoga
    Pilates
    Basic Body Flex Stretches: 15, 10 minutes today
    Body Resistance Exercises (which I hate)
    Physical Therapy Resistance Bands
    PiYo
    Kettlebells- maybe. Depends on the arm
    Zumba: 16 minutes today

For anyone wanting to start doing a little movement, youtube is an excellent source. There is something for everyone. I like Linda Edler for Zumba. Easy to follow and ramp up or down to your level. Not too much choreography to trip me up. Jessicasmith for a wide variety of exercises and easy to follow with good form tips throughout.
  • Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    3/1

1. Stick to calories - check
    2. Under 30 net carbs - check
    3. No wine - check

It was a good first day!
  • Gabreael
    Gabreael Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    1. Log my food.
    2. To keep my calorie intake to no more than 1,200 a day (The net carb count will take care of itself @ that number)
    3. To exercise @ least 4 times a week.
    4. To stay soda free (No diet, no regular).

I have made my profile so that friends can see my food if you would like to look.

Have A GREAT Day Everyone & Good Luck!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    I'll do an 800 minute Mix-It Up March:

Walking (after my blisters earned in February heal)
    7 Minute Workout App (android)
    Stationary Recumbent: 20 minutes today
    Low Impact Aerobics: 25min.
    Yoga
    Pilates
    Basic Body Flex Stretches: 15, 10 minutes today
    Body Resistance Exercises (which I hate)
    Physical Therapy Resistance Bands
    PiYo
    Kettlebells- maybe. Depends on the arm
    Zumba: 16 minutes today

For anyone wanting to start doing a little movement, youtube is an excellent source. There is something for everyone. I like Linda Edler for Zumba. Easy to follow and ramp up or down to your level. Not too much choreography to trip me up. Jessicasmith for a wide variety of exercises and easy to follow with good form tips throughout.

Thanks for those suggestions. I've been looking for things that are a good sweat but not chronic jumping around.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,133 Member
    Options
    Day2 is off to a good start! I have my meal plan for the day and will be under 30 g of carbs. I already did my weightlifting and I am getting ready to go for One of my 2+ mile walks today. I have my alarm set on my phone so I will be getting up and moving for sure 10 minutes every hour for five hours this afternoon. It is starting to get nicer out side so I should not have that issue soon. Thanks to whoever posted about the Parmesan Whisps I love them! That along with macadamia nuts makes for an awesome breakfast on the go.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    For 3/1
    Fresh coconut instead of coconut oil (was testing to make sure that's not what made me queasy last week)-yes
    Vitamins-yes
    30 min of activity-yes, walking
    Planks- damn I forgot!!! Extra tonight
    Doing strength training on Sat :)
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Day 2: met goal!
    30 minute walk around the pond.
    Yay!

May also go again later, and also try to do some yoga stretches as a bonus. But goal has already been met.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Day 2
    'Back on the wagon' time lol.
    * Get all my 8 glasses of water in. o:)
    * Do not eat after midnight (I'm on night shift til 4:30 am) or before 2 pm (IFing). o:)
    * NO MORE CANDY EVEN IF THEY GIVE IT AWAY FREE!! Damn post holiday sales! o:)
    "Maintainer March"

Happy to report 1.1 lbs lost.
  • solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    The entire month of February saw only 2 pounds of loss. This month I gotta make up for that. I have an April 7th goal, that keeps changing. I wanted to be a lot more down by then though that is no longer realistic. Neither is prb my current goal of 19 pounds in five weeks, but I'll give it a try.

I will log on everyday.
    I will log and measure and weigh etc. what I eat.
    I will go back to fitdesk biking.
    And I will sleep more.

I ate keto almost the entire month but I'm eating too many calories and I eat too late. That's gotta change.
  • solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    At the supermarket yesterday I got really hungry and got a box of Atkins nougat bars. Well I had one in the store, another one and half after dinner and one and half now after dinner. There is one sitting in the cabinet I can't get my mind off of. I guess stuff that I have a very low resilience to isn't good to keep around when One feels like one is craving them. I'm pretty sure they effect my blood sugar differently despite being 2 net carbs, because maltitol.
    mmultanen wrote: »
    @SuperCarLori once in the not terribly distant past I,bought a bag of chocolate costed almonds thinking I would have a serving today, maybe one tomorrow...you know, I thought I could be normal about them.

I quickly realized I could not so I literally threw them out my car window.

I'm not proud of this but sometimes that voice in your head it requotes drastic measures.