Daily Meals/ Exercise

Options
Baphometta
Baphometta Posts: 153 Member
A place to discuss what you're eating/doing today/this week and share recipes and insight.

Replies

• alecgrodecki
    alecgrodecki Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Well, I eat the same strict diet 6 days a week and work as a personal trainer, so I also get 2 workouts per day 5 days a week :smiley:
  • dragonsmom38
    dragonsmom38 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 3ozs of Grilled Chicken Strips and 1/2 cups sweet corn had celery and ranch for snack and 5 bottles of water plus walking
  • Baphometta
    Options
    Well, I eat the same strict diet 6 days a week and work as a personal trainer, so I also get 2 workouts per day 5 days a week :smiley:

:o:o:o You're an inspiration to us all!!

Summary of what you eat every day? I get so bored of eating one thing after a few days and I start going crazy. I'm really passionate about food and cooking so getting into a strict regime like that is depressing lol. I'm all the more amazed by other people doing it tho
  • Baphometta
    Options
    5 bottles of water plus walking

Thank you for reminding me that I need to drink water. That's gunna be the worst one for me. I hate water but I'm hoping I learn to love it...
  • alecgrodecki
    Options
    Baphometta wrote: »

:o:o:o You're an inspiration to us all!!

Summary of what you eat every day? I get so bored of eating one thing after a few days and I start going crazy. I'm really passionate about food and cooking so getting into a strict regime like that is depressing lol. I'm all the more amazed by other people doing it tho

Basically chicken, salmon, brown rice, spinach, egg whites, bell peppers, mushrooms, protein bars, bananas, peanut butter and rice cakes. Along with 1 to 2 gallons of water a day.
  • Baphometta
    Options
    Oh well that actually sounds delicious lol.
  • buffinlovin
    buffinlovin Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I meal prep and plan everything in advance :) Convenience is key, otherwise I'll struggle to do it.

Yesterday I prepped all the breakfast and lunches for the week for both myself and my fiance (I've done this since I started on 1/15/17). He prefers boneless/skinless chicken thighs, I prefer boneless/skinless chicken breasts. I aim for about 3-6 oz for mine, I don't really measure his but I used to do 3 thighs for him and just dropped it down to 2 since he wasn't losing any weight. I also roasted broccoli (I just learned you can roast frozen broccoli like you can fresh, right from frozen without thawing! so great!) and roasted sweet potatoes with a little brown sugar and cinnamon.

For breakfast I make oatmeal bowls with 1/2 cup quick oats + crushed almonds + dried cranberries + 1 tbls brown sugar. For the almonds and Cranberries I take whatever a serving is and divide it over 5 bowls.

I buy low calorie pre-portioned snacks at Sams Club that i tuck into the lunch bags along with bananas and apples. We also portion out baby carrots and sometimes cucumber.

I also plan dinners for the week. Last night I made a chicken broccoli cheesy casserole which we'll eat leftovers for tonight (well, he will, I'm going out with some co-workers). Tomorrow I'll be making a ground turkey stroganoff over egg noodles for tues/wed night dinners, and thurs I'll make an enchilada noodle bake which should get us into the weekend.

Since our lunches are so repetitive I like to plan different and interesting things for dinner. I'm always on Pinterest looking up low calorie and healthy recipes. It's definitely saved money because I spent about $70 on all the food for the week instead of $40 for food (that I would eventually throw away) and another $60-$120 in takeout.
  • CalorieCounterGuy
    CalorieCounterGuy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    How is everyone measuring their food? I have trouble with this! I Mean look at my belly people! Hhaha kidding, but seriously. 3 oz of chicken is a normal serving, or 3 oz of salmon, but do I need to go get a kitchen scale? I think I need a kitchen scale.
  • buffinlovin
    Options
    How is everyone measuring their food? I have trouble with this! I Mean look at my belly people! Hhaha kidding, but seriously. 3 oz of chicken is a normal serving, or 3 oz of salmon, but do I need to go get a kitchen scale? I think I need a kitchen scale.

Definitely get a kitchen scale :) I'm not at the point where I weight everything, I should I know, but I weight things that are more calorie-dense and am fine just measuring out a cup of broccoli since the difference in calories would be so minimal.
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

Yeah I found a digital kitchen scale really helped me (I picked one up off amazon for £9) I was under estimating a fair bit before I got mine by about 2-300 cals. :P Also try to weigh things raw/dry, cooked weights can be all over the place. Liquids (condiments, dressing, oil etc) can still be measured by volume (cups, spoons, ml etc) so I got a set of measuring spoons and a measuring jug too.
  • samiam824
    samiam824 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I haven't been keeping track of what I eat recently because I get burned out from counting calories but I'll get back into it at least for this month. Lately I've been more focused on being active. I'm halfway through a 90 day yoga challenge I found on youtube and I dance at least three times a week. I hate structured exercise so doing these fun things that I love makes getting all my steps and active minutes automatic instead of a chore.
  • CalorieCounterGuy
    Options
    Ok going to get a scale right now. Wait wait, do you just put wax paper on the scale when measure raw meat or cooked meat, to keep the scale clean? Hahaha got to get everything while I'm out!
  • buffinlovin
    Options
    Ok going to get a scale right now. Wait wait, do you just put wax paper on the scale when measure raw meat or cooked meat, to keep the scale clean? Hahaha got to get everything while I'm out!

you can put a dish on it :) When I go to weight my food, I put a plate/bowl on the scale, I hit the Tare button (it resets the weight to 0.00), then i put in whatever I'm weighing
  • alecgrodecki
    Options
    Also, helpful tip to curve cravings is if you drink some apple cider vinegar either right before or right after a meal. Can help you keep from feeling the need to overindulge your next meal.
  • Baphometta
    Options
    drink some apple cider vinegar
    I drink Kavita probiotic sparkling water before meals. Fills me up, is yummy and carbonated, has apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper

• CalorieCounterGuy
    Options
    Kavita probiotic sparking water? Interesting, I think I will try it next time I go to the store. I have been drinking Kombucha for my probiotic, usually ginger or one with greens and spirulina.

Oh also, I just got an air popper to pop organic popcorn kernels. 2 tablespoons of kernals makes quite a bowl, fills you up and it's only like 140 calories...HUGE for me.
  • Baphometta
    Options
    Yes I've been getting very into popcorn for snacking! I feel like I'm cheating :p
  • Baphometta
    edited March 2017
    Options
    2rwaog7.jpg
    t05937.jpg

A few of the things I stocked up on to get me through this. The cold brew coffee and almond milk is sooooo tasty with less than 30 calories for a glass and NO sugar. This will help me steer clear of Starbucks double shots :s
  • Erotyka
    Erotyka Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am firmly on the IF train. I don't think it gives me a weight loss advantage, but I like it and it's generally how I've always eaten, so it works for me. I work with a 23/1 window. AKA OMAD (one meal a day). So my food diaries are terrifying. I am evidence that you can eat a kilo of mashed potato in a day and still lose weight.

So, today's meal... tomato pasta! I make my own sauce. Admittedly, I just get canned tomatoes (no added sugar or anything weird... just to save the time of blanching and chopping... I don't wannaaaa *whine*) but everything else is my own doing. Shout out to the gargantuan quantities of oregano! Should clock at around 1150 but I am a food scale nerd so onion changes the game. My calcium supplement has a number of calories that I deem 'worth counting' (generally anything over 10) so should bring me in to around 1170 today. I'm quite short, before anyone gets concerned!

In terms of activity, today was a busier day than normal. The last few weeks, I walk to university and sit in the studio working for 6-8 hours (art student), but today, I got invited to a seminar by my supervisor which was on another campus... so a fair bit more walking involved! I'll get through some weighted squats later on.

Hit a milestone today... lost 70lbs! 5st exactly! 31.7kg! Lotta weight. I now officially weigh less than I did at age 12 (I was a big kid...). So that's super nice. In 12lbs, I clock in to a 'normal' BMI for the first time in my life. So yay that.

Hope you're all well and enjoying day one! :smiley:
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Careful of your teeth with Kavita. Rinse with water or just drink water afterward--the acidity can damage enamel.

I popped my own popcorn before I went to the movies the other day. And snuck in my own drink too. :blush: