I love your dinners!
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    I love your dinners!

Thanks!! I really LOVE food. Ha!
  • KetoKaHee
    First off I just want to say I'm so inspired by this group! I know I couldn't have gotten this far if it wasn't for everyone's support, kindness and knowledge. One of the main things that I always tell people is that they need a support network if they are going to embark on a fitness/health journey. I always used to do this stuff alone and it is so much harder.

I'm doing my first 48 hour fast and I don't have any anxiety about it at all. I suffer a lot with anxiety and PTSD so it is wonderful to feel calm and confident as I challenge myself. I remember a time when I couldn't go more than 4 hours before I had to eat. And I never thought I could go 24 hours so this process has given me a lot of confidence.

I also had popcorn last night. Which is actually a big deal. I have suffered with huge tummy issues and have to abide by a very strict diet which can be draining at times for the lack of variety. I do the best I can to make them yummy but sometimes you just need to feel like you are "normal" and have a treat. Well this morning I felt great, my stomache wasn't bloated, my eyes werent puffy, I didn't feel lethargic. I feel the OMAD is helping to heal my gut and I am so thankful!

I hope everyone has an amazing day! Thanks for being my friend!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    That's good that the popcorn didn't bother your stomach :) Hopefully you'll be able to eat more foods in your journey with OMAD o:) Thanks for being my friend too and have a fabulous day!!!
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    So glad you reached out to us @ketokahee!!!!! Your advice has certainly influenced my daily routine . . . . hmmmmmm, is there a Daily Beverage post pending? Possibly!
  • KetoKaHee
    @leveejohn would love to see a posting of your fatty coffee! Ha!
  • KetoKaHee
    I can't believe how amazing I feel! Doing this 48 hour fast has not been hard at all so far (knock on wood). It was a little tough falling asleep but I woke up energized, not hungry, and really proud of myself for doing this! I get to eat my OMAD tonight and will post a photo. I've been really gorging myself during my OMAD as you have seen from my photos, and I was reminded about the 1 plate "rule." I feel like I'm ready to implement that now. It is nice to feel like I'm gaining more control over my "true" hunger. I know I will have bad days and slip up but it is all about baby steps and never quiting. Thanks @brendagaudette and @leveejohn!!
  • Brendalea69
    You're welcome and I'm looking forward to seeing your 1 plate meal :)
  • Brendalea69
    edited March 2017
    Good job on your long fast!!! Food looks so yummy :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    I love your food presentation :)
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    I haven't managed a 48 hr fast yet, but you and Brenda are quite encouraging.
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Your cauliflower mash looks amazing, care to share the recipe? I love the versatility (and calories) of cauliflower :yum:
  • KetoKaHee
    edited March 2017
    @dajoloehr I was lazy so I just steamed some already riced cauliflower and blended it with butter and salt and pepper. I'm trying to stay away from cream and cheese right now, but these recipes below are awesome! Check them out! I really want to try the loaded cauli-mash one day!

Easy Creamy Cauliflower Mash: https://www.ruled.me/easy-creamy-cauliflower-mashed-potatoes/

Loaded Cauliflower Mash: https://www.lowcarbmaven.com/loaded-cauliflower-low-carb-keto/

I've also been seeing this cauliflower tots around social media....they look quite good!
  • KetoKaHee
    @leveejohn I was amazed how EASY it was! I plan on incorporating it mid week so Wednesday will be a non-eating day. Then do my usual OMAD throughout the week. Sunday/Saturday I will probably have 2 meals so my fiance won't kill me. He thinks I'm crazy for doing fasting but he sees how happy I am so that keeps him quite ha!
  • KetoKaHee
    Yum! 2scncvz8w5os.jpg
  • Brendalea69
    Yum is right!!! :)
  • KetoKaHee
    After workout fuel!! Ate out today at my favorite Mexican spot! Yes I'm a weirdo and brought my own nuts! Ha!
  • KetoKaHee
  • KetoKaHee
    Bacon and Kale omlette after my Spin Class!! 4dy69hhzotp3.jpg