Active April 2017 Challenge: Week 1 (4/1-4/7)

Options

Replies

• Figaver
    Figaver Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Treadmill walk 4/5 complete! Resisted any alcohol last night. Baby steps...
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Active April goals:
    P90x3 for exercise plus additional cardio, stretching, and ab ripper x
    Leangains for food plan, and for goodness sake get my protein up to three digits

4/4 exercise all done, protein was low, above the 52 bare minimum, but well below 3 digits
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    April 5 check-in:
    Diet -> totally sucked yesterday, today will be a better day!
    Workouts -> no workout this morning, instead I spent the morning in the dentist's chair getting 2 crowns (YUCK!!). Will get back to the gym tomorrow!
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options

Today is cloudy & rainy again. This is bumming me out.. Lots of work in the queue. Slept terribly last night. I have an elderly aunt who is on my mind.

1. Eat between 20–30 g of carbs per day max - no
    2. Up protein - yes
    3. Drink more water per day - yes!
    4. Walk at least 2 miles X5. No
    5. Start working out arms/weights x3 - no.
    6. Record daily - yes.
    7. Plan meals ahead - Yes
    8. Lose 6 pounds - nothing to report.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    mmultanen wrote: »
    @cstehansen all my adult life uve gotten 5-6 hours a night. How are you increasing? What's,working for you?

This has been a slow process over the last 18 months or so, but the biggest steps I have taken are:

- avoiding handheld electronics (i.e. tablet and phone) for at least an hour or two before bed
    - getting outside at lunch nearly every day for at least 15-20 minutes (helps with circadian rhythm)
    - being more hard line on having a consistent bedtime and not having a huge variance between weekday and weekend for both going to bed and getting up. I think this consistency has been hugely helpful

Hope this helps.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Yesterday a weird stomach bug got the best of me. Today I'm on a plane headed to debauchery with former college roommates. I need to,get those remaining 10 miles in! Ive never packed running clothes for this trip before but this year I'm gonna get my workouts in!
  • awaywewander
    awaywewander Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Coming to this 5 days late but I have been active all 5 days!

GOAL: This month is Marathon Month at Orange Theory Fitness. I signed up for the full so I have to run a total of 26.2 miles in class during the month of April to hit my goal.

So far I am on track! And to take it one step further... I attended a class the other day that I had no intention of taking and during that class I hit 3 new personal bests!

-I shaved 2 minutes, 17 seconds off my fastest mile.

-I ran 8MPH for some unknown short amount of time which is the fastest I have been able to run. At the beginning of the year I tried to run 6MPH on the treadmill and thought I was going to shoot off the back.

-I added 2 minutes, 32 seconds to my longest time jogging total @ 5MPH.
  • awaywewander
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Almond butter is WEIRD.

The brand Barney Butter makes some pretty good almond butter! I personally buy the individual portion pouches but they sell it by the jar as well. They have different flavors and my favorite is the vanilla espresso. It is also good for people who have peanut allergies because it is made in a peanut free facility.

• LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    1 mile in.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,961 Member
    Options
    Almond butter is WEIRD.

The brand Barney Butter makes some pretty good almond butter! I personally buy the individual portion pouches but they sell it by the jar as well. They have different flavors and my favorite is the vanilla espresso. It is also good for people who have peanut allergies because it is made in a peanut free facility.

I'll have to check that out. I'm not digging the one I have. I'm going to have to figure out something palatable to do with it.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Bad news. A neighbor has cancer. And one of my kitties, the kid's fave who we've been caring for for 3 years had to be put down today. Plus, a family member's functional alcoholism is become a bit less functional and is causing issues. So it's been a real *kitten* parade this week.

What am I NOT going to do? Not going to eat myself into a coma from emotions. Food doesn't help. And then I'd be pissed at myself.

Food is not an antidepressant. Nor does it change history.
    What is, is.

Day 5:
    Exercise: Superset strength (Jessica Smith video)

Active April 5/5
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    4/4 stronglift workout A in the morning. Walked over 5 miles during the day. Did a kettle bell workout in the evening. My carbs and calories were good.
    4/5 kettle bell workout in the morning. 5 mile walk during the day. Buns, guns, and abs workout in the afternoon. Kettle bell workout in the evening. Carbs and calories were good.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    4/5 no workout
    4/6 Charlene extreme
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Bad news. A neighbor has cancer. And one of my kitties, the kid's fave who we've been caring for for 3 years had to be put down today. Plus, a family member's functional alcoholism is become a bit less functional and is causing issues. So it's been a real *kitten* parade this week.

What am I NOT going to do? Not going to eat myself into a coma from emotions. Food doesn't help. And then I'd be pissed at myself.

What is, is.

Day 5:

Active April 5/5

So sorry to read this. Didn't want to "like" this since that didn't seem appropriate but proud of you for how you are and are not responding to everything.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Active April goals:
    P90x3 for exercise plus additional cardio, stretching, and ab ripper x
    Leangains for food plan, and for goodness sake get my protein up to three digits

4/5 exercise was awesome, my sun warrior arrived so I actually got my protein up to goal with the help of a shake, and it actually tasted pretty good!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    @baconslave - hugs and best thoughts. What a week. :(

I'm still rocking the straight hair and not getting sweaty. Tomorrow it's raining, so my hair will be back to it's curly state and I can get sweaty again.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    4/5: 120 minutes dancing.
    Think I am on track timewise for activity this week, but not hitting the daily routine piece of this goal...which is what my goal really centers on.
    Wish I could be more consistant in this area, and a few others as well. However, I am happy to be getting more overall activity.
    Planning on yoga for 30 tonite. Hope I do it.
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    Options

What is, is.

Day 5:

Active April 5/5

Sorry to hear about that!
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    Options
    So yesterday was really nice weather and I knew it was going to get bad again today so I went down to the trail and did a nice long walk. All together I managed 3.5 miles yesterday.
  • awaywewander
    Options
    I have one more class tonight at Orange Theory Fitness before I take the weekend to recover. Gonna spend the day updating my resume and getting some household chores done until then.
This discussion has been closed.