Active April 2017 Challenge: Week 1 (4/1-4/7)

Options
12346»

Replies

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    April 6 check-in:
    Diet yesterday -> not good, not bad...
    Workout -> hit the gy this morning to do shoulders and biceps!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA from this thread; I've been sick for 3 weeks. 5K on Saturday and I've had to miss a lot of training while sick. However, the Fitbit Charge 2 I got a week ago has been helping to motivate me so I've definitely increased my NEAT and am burning plenty of calories!
    I'm also happy to see the scale go down another pound even though I started reverse dieting up to maintenance. I'm not sure if it's just that I'm getting more NEAT in b/c of the Fitbit or what, but I'm starting to think, too, that my maintenance calories/TDEE might be higher than I thought! (Though I'm skeptical of Fitbit crediting me with 2100-2300 calories burned most days even with less exercise than usual, but even if it's 1800-1900 I'd be happy!)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    Sorry I've been MIA from this thread; I've been sick for 3 weeks. 5K on Saturday and I've had to miss a lot of training while sick. However, the Fitbit Charge 2 I got a week ago has been helping to motivate me so I've definitely increased my NEAT and am burning plenty of calories!
    I'm also happy to see the scale go down another pound even though I started reverse dieting up to maintenance. I'm not sure if it's just that I'm getting more NEAT in b/c of the Fitbit or what, but I'm starting to think, too, that my maintenance calories/TDEE might be higher than I thought! (Though I'm skeptical of Fitbit crediting me with 2100-2300 calories burned most days even with less exercise than usual, but even if it's 1800-1900 I'd be happy!)

YUCK. Sorry you've been under the weather.

Day 6...stumble
    I'm sick. I was going to walk, but I just feel so awful. Sorry. I'll make it up with an extra workout when I'm back to what passes for normal for me. :wink:

Active April 5/6

• arfoster1
    arfoster1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Active April Fitness Goals:
    HIIT 3x per week
    Aerobics 2x per week
    Walk 2x per week

I'm on it!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    4/6 Stronglift workout B in the morning. I took two walks for a total of almost 5 miles. I did the guns, buns, and abs challenge workout. Finished up the evening with my kettle bell workout. Carbs and calories were good! I feel I had a great day! I hope everyone else did too!
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    April 7 check-in:
    Diet yesterday -> on point!
    Workout -> killed it with deadlifts, back and abs!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    April 7.
    No to hitting the 30 minutes daily piece of this goal, but yes to getting a total of minutes activity a little greater than 30 minutes averaged.

Not counting it as a win for this week...but not saying it's a loss either. Still more activity than usual

For this upcoming week, I'll be trying again to get in the daily piece. I feel like it will happen if I stick with the intention and don't judge myself harshly.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Active April goals:
    P90x3 for exercise plus additional cardio, stretching, and ab ripper x
    Leangains for food plan, and for goodness sake get my protein up to three digits

4/6 - workout done, protein totally up to target, I think I'm starting to get the hang of this
  • Figaver
    Figaver Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    5/5 treadmill walks for the week complete! Didn't have any alcohol for the last 3 evenings, and my weight suddenly dropped 1.5 lbs this morning. This confirms to me that giving up alcohol during the week is going to help me reach my goals. Now to just keep myself from slacking off over the weekend!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    4/6: Core De Force workout. I wanted to go outside and run but for some reason winter came back to WV. lol
    4/7: Chalean Extreme workout. Actually got up and did it before work today because I have dinner plans with family from out of town tonight.

@baconslave sorry you are having such a rough week! :( I hope you feel better soon!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    4/7 I got up really early to do a Kettlebell routine. I was on the road so only got 2 miles walking in today. Then did my evening kettle bell routine followed by Buns,Guns and Abs Challenge. My carbs hit the max and calories were good. All in all a very good week!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    4/7
    Good day in terms of calories and macros. I took it easy since our race is in the morning but I did hit 10,000 steps!
    I also ended up eating 154 gm of protein today, which I think might be a record for me!
  • vikkibaptiste
    vikkibaptiste Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm so new I missed the first week! I hope it's OK to join now :blush:

My goal is just to step up my walking. I have some heart condition that the docs are working on pinpointing where my heart rate just shoots up with minimum activity, so trying to get a little in each day and build on it without exploding my heart LOL

I'm starting off today at the Best Buddies Friendship Walk and hope to make at least one lap (not kidding LOL)
  • baconslave
    Options
    I'm so new I missed the first week! I hope it's OK to join now :blush:

My goal is just to step up my walking. I have some heart condition that the docs are working on pinpointing where my heart rate just shoots up with minimum activity, so trying to get a little in each day and build on it without exploding my heart LOL

I'm starting off today at the Best Buddies Friendship Walk and hope to make at least one lap (not kidding LOL)

WELCOME!

Week 2 thread is up.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10540174/active-april-2017-challenge-week-2-4-8-4-14/p1?new=1
  • baconslave
    Options
    Day 7
    Did 3 walking/strength videos equaling 50 min

Active April 6/7. 1 sick day
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Ok. Only got 10 of my 15 running miles in this week. Probably could have gone more this am but quit while feeling good and strong and opted not to push myself till death. So, success, but next week I'm going to get that 15.
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    April 10 checkin:
    Had a seriously good weekend for exercise, drained and cleaned the fish pond and trimmed all of the plant growth back, cut down a dead peach tree and removed the stump, fertilized the yard, edged the yard, help the wife with the spring planting, etc.

Food-wise it kinda sucked - had too many carbs both days... but *kitten* happens and today is a new start!

Hit the gym first thing this morning for a chest workout and food will be on point today!
This discussion has been closed.