Active April 2017 Challenge: Week 2 (4/8-4/14)

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,967 Member
Obilgatory repeat blurb :wink:
baconslave wrote: »
It's Active April folks.
Time to get moving.
No need to make your "heart gargle in your throat." Unless that's what you're into. :wink:
Active April is about making your goal an improvement in your fitness. Whatever constitutes an improvement for YOU.

So whether you want to train for a 5k or 10k, start HIITing your head off, or just start exercising, period, it's all good.

There will be a sticky at the top of the group with a list of the weekly threads should our thread get buried in this (awesome) group.

Go ahead and post your goals.
Update us daily and receive encouragement and support from your compatriots in the challenge.
Go get it!

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    @baconslave thanks for setting up this challenge!

Active April Shape Up Challenge Goals
    1. Eat between 20–30 g of carbs per day max
    2. Drink 6 to 8 cups of water per day
    3. Lift weights 3 to 4 times per week
    4. Swing kettle bell 6 to 7 times per week
    5. Walk six times per week
    6. Record daily
    7. Lose 6 to 8 pounds

SW 195
    4/1 137 lbs
    4/8 134 lbs
  • awaywewander
    awaywewander Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    April 1-6th, I did a 60 minute class at OTF and the 7th was a rest day.

Now for week two!

4/8 is another rest day for me because i pushed myself too hard last week and my body completely gave out.

At the beginning of the year I made a spreadsheet for a pushup challenge and I have a set goal for each month to hit. As each month passes by, that number increases. Last week I pushed myself so hard at OTF that I got behind on my pushup challenge. This week I will be playing catch up with that. I am only about 80 pushups behind so it should be doable.

By the end of the month I would like to shave another minute off of my fastest mile and reach the 200 pound mark or below.

Current weight on my home scale: 201.9
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My goal was just to get to the gym 3 times a week, aaaand I did it! Just three times, but I'm also adjusting to my tuberculosis medication and did an at-home workout today. I know it sounds silly to have such a low goal, but with the side effects of my meds... I've lost more than 5 pounds this week alone. I've been exhausted.
    Next week, I'd like to go 3 times, at least. 4 times, if I'm feeling up for it (I've been sleeping for more than 12 hours a day whenever I can. My energy just doesn't exist).
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    My goal for Active April is to do 540 km on my bike (average 18km/day) -- and of course stay under my carb and calorie goals.

After 9 days, I'm ahead of schedule on the activity goal, with 176km on the odometer. I have also kept on track with both carbs and calories for the week.

And finally, I seem to still be in 'woosh' mode. I'm down another 5 lbs on my weekly weigh-in this morning!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    4/8 I reached a new low number on the scale today! I get up early and did strong lift workout A. I took a 2 1/2 mile walk in the afternoon. And I did my kettle bell workout in the evening. Carbs and calories were good!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    For 4/8:
    30 minutes activity: yes, plus 30.

Still not hitting the daily aspect, but holding my own timewise.

This goal is touching on some serious resistance. The goal itself is not a heavy challenge and it's not a long duration, but exercise has always been something I dont want to do. No matter how I dress it up or down.
    Still, I think it's worthwhile to try. I do want it to just be part of a routine.
    So, today I hope to choose between a pond walk or yoga.
  • Figaver
    Figaver Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    2/5 treadmill walks done this week. Down 1.6lbs since my weigh in on Friday morning. Had some alcohol Friday and Saturday night, but kept it within reason. My plan is to not have any this week until Friday. I'm leaving for the beach in 2 weeks and would love to be 5 lbs lighter for it.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Bike riding OUTSIDE is on the agenda tonight :)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,967 Member
    Options
    4/8: Walked outside for 90 min.
    4/9: Walked outside for an hour.

I think made up for the sick day.

Active April 9/9
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    Put this in the wrong thread:

April 10 checkin:
    Had a seriously good weekend for exercise, drained and cleaned the fish pond and trimmed all of the plant growth back, cut down a dead peach tree and removed the stump, fertilized the yard, edged the yard, helped the better half with the spring planting in the flower beds, etc.

Food-wise it kinda sucked - had too many carbs both days... but *kitten* happens and today is a new start!

Hit the gym first thing this morning for a chest workout and food will be on point today!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    4/9 I did get a Kettlebell workout in the morning. Went for two walks in the afternoon. Ended the evening with another Kettlebell work out. Carbs and calories were good! Another fantastic day! Hope everyone else is doing well with their goals!
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Same all month long 15 running miles a week (this is a stretch for me just because of how crazy this month is but, it is an achievable stretch if I really make time for runs) and 3 days of body weight work a week.....gawd I hate strength training. but...ug. It's necessary and good for me.
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Walked a total of 5 miles (extra, intentional) from 4.7-4.9.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday.
    Walked along the beach on Sunday in Maine. So much fun, the dogs are still allowed until Memorial Day. Love to see them running around having such a great time.

Just got back from my lunch walk. I walked for the first time in a long time with my co-worker Ms. Speedy. She slowed it down today and walked with me.

Since January I've been half-arsed at trying to get back at losing the weight again, I think last week I REALLY turned the corner. No alcohol over the weekend, so that helped a lot. I have no spring clothes that fit any more. Last year at this time I was 30 pounds lighter! I got rid of all my big sizes in summer clothes. Tomorrow is going to be really warm. Egads. I've got some serious motivation!.
  • lnewsome
    lnewsome Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Active April Shape Up Challenge Goals

1. Eat within my mfp goals, reducing the amt of carbs I have throughout the week
    2. Drink 100 ounces of water a day
    3. Lift weights doing only arm workouts until my nerve condition gets diagnosed
    4. Keep drinking green tea instead of soda
    5. Continue to log everything, no matter how bad
    6. Stay active in my groups daily
    7. Lose 15 pounds this month

SW 265
    4/1 265
    4/8 264
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    1 mile in for today.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Again, I know I am backwards from most as I am trying to limit my activity because my doc thinks part of my BG control issue is overdoing it physically. That said, I was successful at staying under 15,000 steps 5 out of 7 days and taking Sunday off. Even taking it off, I almost hit 10,000 steps. I just have a hard time sitting still. I can barely make it through service at church on Sunday morning.

This dropped my steps by over 26k for the week and my Fitbit calculated calories by over 300 per day. So far I seem to be doing OK at reducing intake to adjust for reduced output.

I did do my strength training with an emphasis on not overdoing it M-F.

The success is my average BG reading was 2.5 points lower this week than last week, so maybe this is working. On the flip side, my resting HR has been going up since trying to take it easier which actually started last month. Average is still good though.

Fitbit progress report for the week is below. I have set the 15,000 as the goal to alert me if I go over. I am using it backwards of what most would do.

maz8m89th0aq.png
  • awaywewander
    awaywewander Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    4/9: 60 minute OTF class - strength day
    4/10: 60 minute OTF class - endurance & power day (followed by a fairly active day at work)

Tomorrow the plan is to attend one more OTF class before taking a rest day or two. Tomorrow I have a friend coming with my gf and I to class so that should be fun and I should hit the halfway mark on my marathon challenge!

Also, there have been a few times mid-day that I have stepped on the scale to see a number that does not start with a 2! But i'd like to be more solidly under 200 before officially saying I am in ONEderland.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Did 25 min cardio plus 30 min PT home program today for strength.