Sandy's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I made a homemade crust on the weekend that you fry in a pan first and then put the whole pizza under the broiler. https://food-hacks.wonderhowto.com/how-to/make-jamie-olivers-cheats-pizza-30-minutes-less-0129303/

I didn't even bother using the food processor (because I'm lazy and didn't want to clean it after!), I just mixed it with a fork in a bowl and then kneaded it a bit... I also didn't have any of the fancy ingredients - like that mozzarella - I just used pre-shredded cheese from a bag and ready made pizza sauce.

It was shockingly good!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGG that looks amazing! I'm supposed to fast today but I might have a little bit of pizza just because that looks so good! :p

Lolol, it was a really good pizza! I love the ready made crusts. Although, when the hubby gets home I prefer his homemade crusts. :)

God I wish.. Cedric once exploded hot dogs in my kitchen :( he's no longer allowed in my kitchen lmao
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I doubt either of you ladies gained 3-lbs of fat which would have taken at least overeating by 10500 kcals in the couple of days. I highly doubt you ate that much. Even if you did, I think you couldn't turn it all to fat. It is mostly food in the guts and water. Two days on OMAD and you will probably be right back where you started. The splurge will have cost you some days you could have lost weight, but I'm sure you did not gain 3-lbs of fat!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Oh yes, I agree 100% - no way it's fat!! Mine is sticking around like an annoying in-law though... Not worried about it in the least. It'll come off and we'll go back to losing after a few days.
  • blambo61
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Oh yes, I agree 100% - no way it's fat!! Mine is sticking around like an annoying in-law though... Not worried about it in the least. It'll come off and we'll go back to losing after a few days.

Sounds good!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I doubt either of you ladies gained 3-lbs of fat which would have taken at least overeating by 10500 kcals in the couple of days. I highly doubt you ate that much. Even if you did, I think you couldn't turn it all to fat. It is mostly food in the guts and water. Two days on OMAD and you will probably be right back where you started. The splurge will have cost you some days you could have lost weight, but I'm sure you did not gain 3-lbs of fat!

Same as @minigrrll, thanks to daily weigh-ins, I no longer panic because I know it will come off in a few days, it already has. You're right though, no way it's fat gain... thank goodness. Whew. Lol :)

• wsandy8512
    Options
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGG that looks amazing! I'm supposed to fast today but I might have a little bit of pizza just because that looks so good! :p

Lolol, it was a really good pizza! I love the ready made crusts. Although, when the hubby gets home I prefer his homemade crusts. :)

God I wish.. Cedric once exploded hot dogs in my kitchen :( he's no longer allowed in my kitchen lmao

Lmao!!!! Poor Cedric!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    I made a homemade crust on the weekend that you fry in a pan first and then put the whole pizza under the broiler. https://food-hacks.wonderhowto.com/how-to/make-jamie-olivers-cheats-pizza-30-minutes-less-0129303/

I didn't even bother using the food processor (because I'm lazy and didn't want to clean it after!), I just mixed it with a fork in a bowl and then kneaded it a bit... I also didn't have any of the fancy ingredients - like that mozzarella - I just used pre-shredded cheese from a bag and ready made pizza sauce.

It was shockingly good!!

Oh, thanks for sharing! I've just never been good at getting the crust right. Maybe this will help school me in the art. I love that you just used a bowl and forked the dough, I don't like to make a big mess if I don't absolutely have to, either. Your pizza sounds like it turned out really good!
  • blambo61
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »

Same as @minigrrll, thanks to daily weigh-ins, I no longer panic because I know it will come off in a few days, it already has. You're right though, no way it's fat gain... thank goodness. Whew. Lol :)

That is why I like daily weigh-ins also!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Same here, big fan of the daily weigh in. You learn how things cycle up and down and are less likely to panic or get frustrated when it inevitably backtracks a bit.
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options

It was shockingly good!!

Those spontaneous pizzas are the best Sarah!!!!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Came up with the casserole on my own and was thrilled with the turn out! The entire meal was so offing good!! :-)
    tz83c5z2xepm.jpg
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    NOM NOM NOM - what's in that casserole?!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    NOM NOM NOM - what's in that casserole?!

Bacon that was fried with onion, garlic and then the chicken tenders. Whole grain spaghetti. Cream of chicken soup. Bread crumbs on the top. :)
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Sandy your desserts look like I need to pop into your house at your meal time LOL and nice idea for a meal! :) love bacon, chicken, beans and mushrooms!!!
  • wsandy8512
    edited August 2017
    Options
    barbheart wrote: »
    Sandy your desserts look like I need to pop into your house at your meal time LOL and nice idea for a meal! :) love bacon, chicken, beans and mushrooms!!!

And you'd be more than welcome! I love my Vitamix, everything comes out so smooth and creamy! :)

And thanks again for inspiring writing on pictures. I'm sure having fun trying to be creative. :)
  • minigrrll
    Options
    barbheart wrote: »

It was shockingly good!!

Those spontaneous pizzas are the best Sarah!!!!

Yeah - it was too good - couldn't stop eating it!! HA!
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Yummmm that casserole looks delish- 30 more minutes till I get my dindin :D
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    <3 glad to see that you are doing well sandy!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    <3 glad to see that you are doing well sandy!

Aww, thanks! I'm glad to see you pop in :-)