Sandy's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    AWESOME on the inches lost :) and guess what??? You have lost 4.3 more pounds than me at week 23 :p You are doing GREAT!!!

Thanks, Brenda! I feel good to be where I'm at, started 30 pounds heavier than you though. I'll have to see how I do in comparison from the 194 mark. Lol

From your 194 mark till now is only a difference of 4 pounds from mine so were just about even :smile: You even have your goal weight set to be about the same as mine :smile:
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    AWESOME on the inches lost :) and guess what??? You have lost 4.3 more pounds than me at week 23 :p You are doing GREAT!!!

Thanks, Brenda! I feel good to be where I'm at, started 30 pounds heavier than you though. I'll have to see how I do in comparison from the 194 mark. Lol

From your 194 mark till now is only a difference of 4 pounds from mine so were just about even :smile: You even have your goal weight set to be about the same as mine :smile:

I'm following in the footsteps of someone who has accomplished their goals and influences me, greatly! I'm happy to know this, thank you :)
  • Brendalea69
    Options

I'm following in the footsteps of someone who has accomplished their goals and influences me, greatly! I'm happy to know this, thank you :)

Thanks and You're welcome <3
  • wsandy8512
    edited August 2017
    Options
    No idea how to remove background from photos so had to use the cutting tool method--hallway behind it is still in remodel mode. lol

My meal was so awesome! 100% Whole wheat spaghetti with Publix brand Portabella Mushroom and Wine sauce, parmesan cheese added as well. Sides were roasted zucchini, yellow squash and onions, along with some potato bread that I drowned in sautéed butter, olive oil and garlic and then baked in the oven. Dessert was a pudding blend of 1/2 an avocado, banana, frozen cherries, strawberries, and frozen blackberries. My drink was a lovely glass of red wine. I'll also have a piece or two of 90% dark chocolate if I'm still hungry before my I close my window in an hour or two.
    0xoa89epgy7e.png
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Why oh why did I look at this!! I have a hangover and my window doesn't open for hours! White knuckling it right now... That meal looks like a perfect hangover cure!

Luckily I'm at the train station waiting to pick up my step daughter and have no access to food right now!!!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Sandy, that is a mighty fine looking meal you got there.
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    @minigrrll, I torture myself outside of my window as well. I know better, but do it anyway. This was definitely a Sarah meal! Aside from the cheese, anyway, lol. Enjoy the time with your stepdaughter. :-)

@tlblanksfit, thank you :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Enjoyed a small, but lovely brunch today...

tb71rstkn4yx.jpg
  • ooliviuoo
    ooliviuoo Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    what's in the glass ?
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    ooliviuoo wrote: »
    what's in the glass ?

Moscato champagne and a strawberry :)
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Looks Delicious as usual :)
  • minigrrll
    Options
    @minigrrll, I torture myself outside of my window as well. I know better, but do it anyway. This was definitely a Sarah meal! Aside from the cheese, anyway, lol. Enjoy the time with your stepdaughter. :-)

Oh the cheese was definitely me too - I have a tiny bit of an addiction to cheese!! I went home after seeing that meal yesterday and made Tracy's buffalo cauliflower bites again!! Yum!

• wsandy8512
    Options
    I've been trying to expand my eating window on the weekends, but not doing a good job. Oh, I've been sticking to my fasting times and window and all, just discovered that I am still very prone to eating far too much!

One meal a day is so much easier for me. I honestly thought, "You do so well, Sandy! You eat until not hungry and you're done. You're not starving or miserable between meals. Life is good. You got this!"

Nope, I don't, I don't "got this". I'm NOT beating myself up. Just the opposite! I am really liking the learning experience. I want to get this stuff down, you know? I want to know myself and body even more and after not listening to and not knowing myself for decade after decade, it's going to take awhile for me to learn, as well as unlearn. For every triumph, there can be a day or three of WTH have I done?!

I've gained just over three pounds since Friday morning. I'm not bummed out. I'm not mad at myself. I don't think I'm doomed. It's a process and it's that I want to learn that gives me peace of mind.

I had my lovely breakfast yesterday and I was happily satisfied. Then until 6pm, I also had a bowl of cereal, graham crackers (way too many graham crackers), couple pieces of dark chocolate, cheese (I know, I know, but they weren't huge chunks! Haha), olives, McDondald's French fries, 1/2 medium Coke, and two bites of 1/4 pounder with cheese and it was disgusting. So, yeah, over did it!

I think next weekend when I expand my window, anything I have after a meal will go on a plate and I'll sit down at the table to eat it. There's something about feeding the beast while watching tv that brings back mindless eating. I honestly thought I had it conquered because I haven't done it in months, but apparently I need to focus solely on the food I eat or I will quickly return to a mindless state of eating. :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »

Oh the cheese was definitely me too - I have a tiny bit of an addiction to cheese!! I went home after seeing that meal yesterday and made Tracy's buffalo cauliflower bites again!! Yum!

Lol, that's right, we discussed cheese being evil for us before.

Buffalo Cauliflower Bites/Wings area the shizzzzzz! :)
  • minigrrll
    Options
    I've been trying to expand my eating window on the weekends, but not doing a good job. Oh, I've been sticking to my fasting times and window and all, just discovered that I am still very prone to eating far too much!

One meal a day is so much easier for me. I honestly thought, "You do so well, Sandy! You eat until not hungry and you're done. You're not starving or miserable between meals. Life is good. You got this!"

Nope, I don't, I don't "got this". I'm NOT beating myself up. Just the opposite! I am really liking the learning experience. I want to get this stuff down, you know? I want to know myself and body even more and after not listening to and not knowing myself for decade after decade, it's going to take awhile for me to learn, as well as unlearn. For every triumph, there can be a day or three of WTH have I done?!

I've gained just over three pounds since Friday morning. I'm not bummed out. I'm not mad at myself. I don't think I'm doomed. It's a process and it's that I want to learn that gives me peace of mind.

I had my lovely breakfast yesterday and I was happily satisfied. Then until 6pm, I also had a bowl of cereal, graham crackers (way too many graham crackers), couple pieces of dark chocolate, cheese (I know, I know, but they weren't huge chunks! Haha), olives, McDondald's French fries, 1/2 medium Coke, and two bites of 1/4 pounder with cheese and it was disgusting. So, yeah, over did it!

I think next weekend when I expand my window, anything I have after a meal will go on a plate and I'll sit down at the table to eat it. There's something about feeding the beast while watching tv that brings back mindless eating. I honestly thought I had it conquered because I haven't done it in months, but apparently I need to focus solely on the food I eat or I will quickly return to a mindless state of eating. :)

I gained just under 3 lbs since Saturday morning! I too can eat far too much when I expand my window (which I did both Sat and Sun). Definitely a learning process. I'm also not stressing about it. I was back on OMAD today and I'll lose the weight. I have to accept that this is going to happen every once in a while. And that it's how you deal with it after the fact that counts. Either go into a "oh well I've blown it because I gained a few pounds" mindset and drop everything and and gain even more weight. Or just carry on with the regularly scheduled one meal. For some reason i find it so much easier to carry on and not let the setbacks get to me with OMAD than it has ever been for me on any other diet.

I know I do way better with one meal and a fairly short eating window. It's just that sometimes my life is better if I relax that a bit. And as long as it doesn't start happening every weekend, I think it's all good. I've actually had gains about once a month over the 3 or so months I've been doing OMAD - all due to camping or socializing. Which seems fairly reasonable in the grand scheme of things.
  • wsandy8512
    edited August 2017
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    I gained just under 3 lbs since Saturday morning! I too can eat far too much when I expand my window (which I did both Sat and Sun). Definitely a learning process. I'm also not stressing about it. I was back on OMAD today and I'll lose the weight. I have to accept that this is going to happen every once in a while. And that it's how you deal with it after the fact that counts. Either go into a "oh well I've blown it because I gained a few pounds" mindset and drop everything and and gain even more weight. Or just carry on with the regularly scheduled one meal. For some reason i find it so much easier to carry on and not let the setbacks get to me with OMAD than it has ever been for me on any other diet.

I know I do way better with one meal and a fairly short eating window. It's just that sometimes my life is better if I relax that a bit. And as long as it doesn't start happening every weekend, I think it's all good. I've actually had gains about once a month over the 3 or so months I've been doing OMAD - all due to camping or socializing. Which seems fairly reasonable in the grand scheme of things.

Exactly! I enjoy relaxing a bit, too. I think I have been overdoing it for a few weekends in a row though. Lol. It's getting harder to have the extra pounds gone by weigh in day when that happens too much. However, I think that we are doing awesome, even with the relaxing. In doing so in the "during"stages, it will go a long way towards reaching our goal and being able to maintain for life. :)
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Wow Sandy awesome meal pictures!!! love the oval shape of the photo! :) plus looks real deli
    you have a greast mindset as Steph said... either up either down you keep on rocking baby!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Inspired by @barbheart by putting meal description on meal pic. Forgot to add Boarshead pepperoni though. :-)
    jtsv5yq73fbr.jpg
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGG that looks amazing! I'm supposed to fast today but I might have a little bit of pizza just because that looks so good! :p
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGG that looks amazing! I'm supposed to fast today but I might have a little bit of pizza just because that looks so good! :p

Lolol, it was a really good pizza! I love the ready made crusts. Although, when the hubby gets home I prefer his homemade crusts. :)