Sandy's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options

You know I'd have eaten all of that AND THEN SOME!!!! Is that GRAVY on the mashed cauliflower?!?!?!?!

Lol, you probably would've. Yeppers, gravy it is. I used packet chicken gravy, I prefer homemade but this was huge meal and I didn't want anymore work. lol
    that brussel sprout recipe in the recipes thread please :)

Will do :-)
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness. That sounds good and looks even better!
    And YAY for a good night of sleep!! :)
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Brussels Sprout recipe please, I would just eat a plate of them by themselves. Man do they look delicious.
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    LadyBlanks wrote: »
    Brussels Sprout recipe please, I would just eat a plate of them by themselves. Man do they look delicious.

I'm having trouble finding the recipe thread, so I'll post the link here :-)

https://www.thechunkychef.com/cheesy-brussels-sprouts-bacon/
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    LiLee2018 wrote: »
    Oh my goodness. That sounds good and looks even better!
    And YAY for a good night of sleep!! :)

Thank you and here's hoping another good night tonight! :-)
  • wsandy8512
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I've just realized why the brussels sprouts stole the show... any food with both cheese and bacon will steal the show. It's an undeniable and indisputable fact! lol
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    I bumped it - and yes agreed with EVERYONE on those sprouts- I love packet gravy and I always add less water than called for so it's thicker <3

But I have bone broth around so often that it's just as freakin' easy to make it from scratch LOL

PS Must make a new batch this weekend (and it'll have to be tomorrow since I'm at mama's Sunday), I didn't make any this last weekend for obv reasons
  • wsandy8512
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Last night’s crappy sleep of possibly 3 hours due to stress over my 24yo son. :( It’s just a part of our lives that will always be a source of stress, but sometimes it’s worse, and it’s worse now.

Moving along, I really enjoyed my meal today! I made a lovely chicken salad with leftover chicken from yesterday, added red onions, jalapeños, and pickles with mayonnaise. Also made a broccoli and cauliflower salad with sweet onions, extra sharp cheddar cheese, bacon, and a dressing made of apple cider vinegar and mayo. I had a whole avocado as well. I couldn’t eat the second portion of chicken salad, but I had some pork rinds and made a faux chocolate mousse with heavy whipping cream and chocolate stevia. :)

Now on the back porch with the hubby drinking a glass of Red Moscato. And he just said, “Mmm, what’s that I smell, a Hungry Howies pizza?” So, whether I dig in or not is up in the air. Lol **Update: I just ordered him a sub, so I definitely won’t be indulging. :)

Have a great rest of your Saturday everyone!

k2spyiwalpbe.jpeg
  • wsandy8512
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I got about 3-3 1/2 hours of sleep last night, regardless I’m in a better mood today. I think I needed the emotional motherhood meltdown yesterday. Plus, I stuck to just OMAD. I’m really glad I didn’t order anything from Hungry Howies though I was “Hangry” while my hubby ate his sub. Lol.

I hopped on my rebounder this morning but could only manage 10 minutes because my legs felt like jello after Friday’s 20 minutes. Lol. After that I did 3 sets of 20 second modified planks and 3 sets of modified pushups. :)

OMAD again today, going out for Mexican food for Mother’s Day. I’m going to have steak fajitas because I can enjoy that dish sans the soft taco shells, but I’ll have some of the free homemade tortilla chips, maybe a bit of Mexican rice, and most definitely a small margarita!

Happy Sunday and Mother’s Day everyone! :)
  • wsandy8512
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Well, I had my second splurge day since restarting, but Easter was nearly a month ago so I’m okay with it. Lol I just wanted a lemon filled Krispy Kreme, we haven’t had donuts for like a year and a half. My husband brought home a mixed dozen. They are gone, he ate most of them. 😂😂😂

Then we went out for Mexican food as planned, but I had two margaritas instead of one, I had more tortilla chips than I planned on having—darn daughter had to order queso dip, lol—I did not put my steak fajitas on the tortillas though, so I did stick with something.

Seriously, I’m happy as a lark and don’t care that I splurged. The weight gain will be lost in a few days. If I break even on Friday I’ll be happy.
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Just catching up on your thread. the 1/2 pound loss is great!!! Especially when your sleep was messed up.

OMG I love all things brussels, I have been staring and drooling at that picture for way too long.....I am making those this week they look heavenly ---and like Tracey said I could eat an entire plate...….

We had Mexican for Mother's day too and it was amazing ---Minus all the salt :)

Hope you have a great week and get some more sleep!!!! <3
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    OMGGGGGG that chicken salad looks so good! You eat it on lettuce like me! (Though I literally go through an entire HEAD of romaine per meal LMAO) - avocado with chicken salad is heavenly - I'm using the leftover hummus from Sat to mix with my chicken instead of crack ranch for my meal tonight <3 NOM NOM NOM
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Just catching up on your thread. the 1/2 pound loss is great!!! Especially when your sleep was messed up.

OMG I love all things brussels, I have been staring and drooling at that picture for way too long.....I am making those this week they look heavenly ---and like Tracey said I could eat an entire plate...….

We had Mexican for Mother's day too and it was amazing ---Minus all the salt :)

Hope you have a great week and get some more sleep!!!! <3

Thank you, I’ll take any loss, even the puny one. Haha

I could eat Brussels everyday, me thinks, especially those kind.
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    OMGGGGGG that chicken salad looks so good! You eat it on lettuce like me! (Though I literally go through an entire HEAD of romaine per meal LMAO) - avocado with chicken salad is heavenly - I'm using the leftover hummus from Sat to mix with my chicken instead of crack ranch for my meal tonight <3 NOM NOM NOM

😂😂😂😂 “ranch crack”, is that you in the memes carrying around a semi-itruck sized bottle and isn’t enough?
  • wsandy8512
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I’m taking myself off the Doxepin as it has me feeling not myself the majority of days. I feel mean, irritable, depressed, and sad, plus it hasn’t helped with sleep. Thankfully I haven’t been on it long enough to have to wean, I can just quit taking it.

My indulgences yesterday brought just a 3 pound gain which I’m sure will be gone by Friday. I’m making today a fast day, though I did add heavy whipping cream to my coffee to stave off the hunger from so many carbs yesterday, though I know enough by now it’s the excess salt that causes these kinds of gains.

I hope everyone had a great rest of their day!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Good call babe - sounds YUCKY in general - glad you're getting off it. Heck yeah, we can get 3 pounds of salt off OVER NIGHT BOO!!! LOL

And yes, crack ranch is my homemade ranch that I cannot resist...it's 100 cals per oz, but SO freakin' worth it :love:
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about you only getting 3+ hours sleep <3 Hope your sleep issue will improve soon. Sending over lots of ZZZZ vibes! <3 Glad to hear that you had a wonderful Mother's day :) Don't worry too much about the 3lbs gain as I have gained weight too due to A LOT of eating during Mother's day :lol: We will surely get it off this week :+1:
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    jadepearl wrote: »
    So sorry to hear about you only getting 3+ hours sleep <3 Hope your sleep issue will improve soon. Sending over lots of ZZZZ vibes! <3 Glad to hear that you had a wonderful Mother's day :) Don't worry too much about the 3lbs gain as I have gained weight too due to A LOT of eating during Mother's day :lol: We will surely get it off this week :+1:

Thank you! And yes we will get off the temporary weight gain. We’ve got this! :)
  • wsandy8512
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Short funny true story (sorry Steph, I know you probably saw this on my FB)

I was in the waiting room of the endocrinologist while my husband was having his yearly check up. This cute little elderly woman said into her phone with a normal voice, “What is osmosis?” Siri started rambling off the definition and the elderly lady hurriedly tried to silence Siri and eventually succeeded. The next thing you know, in a very, quiet voice, almost whisper like, she asked Siri the same question. I snickered and had to quickly exit the waiting area to go outside and lmao 😂 😂😂😂
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Siri, you are a naughty naughty girl :lol::lol::lol: