Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

1Madgirl's weight loss journey

12467

Replies

  • 1MADGIRL1MADGIRL Posts: 836Member Member Posts: 836Member Member
    Today's motivation (google search online)

    Look at her progress in just three months!!

    jacx.png
    Source: https://mrsmamaelle.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/jacx.png
    edited May 2017
  • wsandy8512wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897Member Member Posts: 1,897Member Member
    @1MADGIRL really good and realistic article below. If I were you, I'd consider trying to find an additional group here at MFP for muscle building. There are those who build muscle who do intermittent fasting whether they have a large window or even OMAD'ers around the web, maybe do a web search and then zero in on a group here at MFP. I want to gain muscle as well, and I'm no expert, but I do know what the majority say--you will need to eat a lot more to gain muscle. I'm still considered "obese" so my chances of gaining muscle are best while I'm still heavy, so to speak, because I have a lot of fat stored, haha.

    You're in the BMI category of perfect or nearly perfect at 20%-22%. If any site or group you come across says you can gain a pound of muscle a week, stay away. Gaining lean muscle would be fantastic for you even if you are just shy of your personal goal because having lean muscle mass burns more calories and the rest of whatever smidgen of fat you have to lose, will naturally fall off with a really good strength training program. :-)

    http://www.livestrong.com/article/412614-the-average-muscle-gain-per-month/
    edited May 2017
  • 1MADGIRL1MADGIRL Posts: 836Member Member Posts: 836Member Member
    Thank you! how nice of you to find this article. It makes a lot of sense. Females would gain about 1 pound a month in the beginning. That seems reasonable. I'm following the Thinner, Leaner, Stronger programme to lose fat and gain muscle so the scale value should not be 1 pound increase a month due to the minor losses.
  • wsandy8512wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897Member Member Posts: 1,897Member Member
    You're more than welcome. And best to you with the program you're following! :-)
  • wsandy8512wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897Member Member Posts: 1,897Member Member
    BTW, that woman you posted looks awesome!
  • 1MADGIRL1MADGIRL Posts: 836Member Member Posts: 836Member Member
    Hello!

    I gained 3 pounds in one night but I did get my period today so it might be related. Glad to see my period back :) maybe now my stress levels are going down
  • shans34shans34 Posts: 535Member Member Posts: 535Member Member
    I know all about stress! You will be fine, just keep being the best you can. I love that article, I too search for motivation and look at those types of articles and success stories!
  • 1MADGIRL1MADGIRL Posts: 836Member Member Posts: 836Member Member
    :)

    So - my body has decided that belly and lower abdomen's time to lose now. Which is all good but still waiting for it to decide to choose hips and thighs!
  • wsandy8512wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897Member Member Posts: 1,897Member Member
    Woohoo, how nice of your body to decide to let go of unwanted abdominal fat! Your hips and thighs will catch up, eventually. :-)
  • 1MADGIRL1MADGIRL Posts: 836Member Member Posts: 836Member Member
    haha i guess its taken enough from the chest area (grrr :( )

    hehe

    btw does anyone know how to measure body fat? are calipers reliable? i'd love to know where I'm at.
  • andyvedzandyvedz Posts: 22Member Member Posts: 22Member Member
    the most reliable calculator I've found online is this: http://www.sevenmealsaday.com/pages/bodyfat.asp

    It's still just a calculator though, so calipers would probably be more reliable if done right:)
  • Brendalea69Brendalea69 Posts: 3,520Member Member Posts: 3,520Member Member
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    :)

    So - my body has decided that belly and lower abdomen's time to lose now. Which is all good but still waiting for it to decide to choose hips and thighs!

    Our bodies have their own plan I guess ;)
  • 1MADGIRL1MADGIRL Posts: 836Member Member Posts: 836Member Member
    andyvedz wrote: »
    the most reliable calculator I've found online is this: http://www.sevenmealsaday.com/pages/bodyfat.asp

    It's still just a calculator though, so calipers would probably be more reliable if done right:)

    Thank you!!
  • 1MADGIRL1MADGIRL Posts: 836Member Member Posts: 836Member Member
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    :)

    So - my body has decided that belly and lower abdomen's time to lose now. Which is all good but still waiting for it to decide to choose hips and thighs!

    Our bodies have their own plan I guess ;)

    They like to show us who is really boss LOL
  • Vanguard1Vanguard1 Posts: 372Member Member Posts: 372Member Member
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    haha i guess its taken enough from the chest area (grrr :( )

    hehe

    btw does anyone know how to measure body fat? are calipers reliable? i'd love to know where I'm at.

    After being in the Army for 20 years, we always use a tape to calculate BF. Here is an online calculator I still use.

    http://www.calculator.net/army-body-fat-calculator.html?ctype=standard&csex=m&cage=21&cheightfeet=6&cheightinch=0&cneckfeet=1&cneckinch=4.5&cwaistfeet=3&cwaistinch=0&cwaistfeetf=3&cwaistinchf=0&chipfeet=2&chipinch=10.5

    I have heard calipers are the most accurate though.
  • 1MADGIRL1MADGIRL Posts: 836Member Member Posts: 836Member Member
    Thank you :) I meet the criteria apparently :)
  • 1MADGIRL1MADGIRL Posts: 836Member Member Posts: 836Member Member
    Hi!

    I gained two pounds lately. Hope it goes away soon! I want to start maintenance hehe. I'm good at maintenance (I think)

    Started bench pressing 32 pounds and squatting 52 pounds. I know it doesn't seem like much but I'm proud to have gotten here :)
  • Vanguard1Vanguard1 Posts: 372Member Member Posts: 372Member Member
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    Hi!

    I gained two pounds lately. Hope it goes away soon! I want to start maintenance hehe. I'm good at maintenance (I think)

    Started bench pressing 32 pounds and squatting 52 pounds. I know it doesn't seem like much but I'm proud to have gotten here :)

    Great work, I subscribe to the theory that heavy compound lifts fight weight loss as good as, if not better than cardio.
  • 1MADGIRL1MADGIRL Posts: 836Member Member Posts: 836Member Member
    Vanguard1 wrote: »
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    Hi!

    I gained two pounds lately. Hope it goes away soon! I want to start maintenance hehe. I'm good at maintenance (I think)

    Started bench pressing 32 pounds and squatting 52 pounds. I know it doesn't seem like much but I'm proud to have gotten here :)

    Great work, I subscribe to the theory that heavy compound lifts fight weight loss as good as, if not better than cardio.

    If anything else, heavy lifting tones our muscles. if we lose the weight without toned muscle, it still won't look good (in my opinion :) )
  • NoMoreAfatChickNoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226Member Member Posts: 226Member Member
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    Hi!

    I gained two pounds lately. Hope it goes away soon! I want to start maintenance hehe. I'm good at maintenance (I think)

    Started bench pressing 32 pounds and squatting 52 pounds. I know it doesn't seem like much but I'm proud to have gotten here :)

    @1MADGIRL you should be proud.. great job on lifting.. :)
Sign In or Register to comment.