One last time ...

Options

Replies

• HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was very successful. I enjoyed my dinner and when I ate more "just because it's there" I felt too full. So I took a few moments to focus on that. To memorize the sensation and reflect on how little food it took to feel that way.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Gotta love those times we are mindful and pause to reflect on how we are feeling.
  • HestiaMoon1
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    That's awesome! Gotta love those times we are mindful and pause to reflect on how we are feeling.

Thank you. Food is fuel, but it is also celebration. Respecting both aspects has been helpful to me.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Yesterday was very successful. I enjoyed my dinner and when I ate more "just because it's there" I felt too full. So I took a few moments to focus on that. To memorize the sensation and reflect on how little food it took to feel that way.

I know what you mean - I am so guilty of this all the time. Memorizing the sensation is perfect. I for sure ate too much last night - I didn't notice it at the time, but I sure did when I went for a walk after dinner!

That thing about waiting 20 mins sure is true when talking about feeling full...
  • OMAD2017
    OMAD2017 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm noticing that, too. The over-full feeling is very unpleasant so I dwell there when it happens, to remember. I think that when I'm in social/celebratory situations I'm going to just eat very slowly, that might take care of it for me.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    My problem is I LIKE that feeling!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    My problem is I LIKE that feeling!

ME too!!!! That's what got me in this predicament lmao... Its also why I like omad though so ya know... Lol
  • HestiaMoon1
    Options
    I have cobbled together my plan. Incorporating PSMF with OMAD to keep my cals and macros in weight loss territory. Same foods every day. Mixed greens with a protein: tuna, chicken, or my beef (from my ranch) Looking forward to results.
  • blambo61
    Options
    what is PSMF?
  • HestiaMoon1
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    what is PSMF?

Protein Sparing Modified Fast. You calculate your protein needs by lean body weight, then add a small amount of some carbs and fat. It comes out to about one meal's worth of food for me, so eating it all at once works well. I have been overeating calories and not seeing any loss yet with OMAD.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Sounds like a reasonable approach! Good luck.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan for you. I hope you see the losses on the scale.
  • HestiaMoon1
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan for you. I hope you see the losses on the scale.

Thank you. So far so good.
  • HestiaMoon1
    Options
    I'm using the calories count for a PSMF because my Body Fat % is 36%. That's obese. That's scary.
  • HestiaMoon1
    Options
    The other night I ate a piece of pizza I really didn't want to, so afterwards I had a pep talk with myself.
    "You're almost 5'10 and 200lbs - how did a 4" x 2" square of crappy thin crust frozen pizza beat you!"
    It's a weird way to look at it, I know, but I'm a very competitive person.
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Lolol, I love that pizza story and the pep talk you gave yourself, that's great!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Pizza has the same affect on me :p
  • HestiaMoon1
    Options
    The PSMF and reduction in calories is working. Down almost 4 pounds in two weeks. That puts me under 200.
    Being over 200 was an anomaly and a wake up call. I'd never seen that number on the scale before without a chart on the wall next to me showing I had only 4 weeks left in a pregnancy! I've tagged 199 3 times in the past 6 days with only small bounces back up.
    Leaving 200 in the rear view mirror today and not looking back at it.
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Wonderful, Hestia!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Welcome to onederland, it's good to have you here. Way to kick the 200s to the curb.