Apparently I'm going to die

Options
13»

Replies

• Zuzurillo
    Zuzurillo Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You could always tell him he can take carbs and either proteins OR fats with him to a desert island. You get to take fats and proteins. Ask him to guess who will die first? Maybe he has discovered a secret "essential carbohydrate" that is necessary for human life. He better get off Facebook and accept his Nobel prize....
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I like how that guy was going on about how if you don't exercise, you don't need as many carbs... Hey buddy, psssstttt, you know you count as one of those people according to your logic, right?
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    2t9nty wrote: »
    I had someone explain to me how that dieting could be successful just a few days ago. She had been to a nutritionist it seems and was full of information. She was doing something called the "Plate" diet which sounded like a visual to manage portion size on the SAD. I smiled pleasantly and asked how it was working so far. She said she had not lost any weight, but at least she was not gaining. It seems her nutritionist told her weight loss was impossible without an exercise program, and she had not been exercising enough.

She noted that I had been on a diet too and and asked what it was. I said it was LCHF, and it had worked very well for me. I was losing about a pound a week, and it was easy to follow. She wanted to know how much I had lost, and I said it was just over 70 pounds so far. She asked what exercise program I was following. I said I was a reasonably active person in my work and logged 10K steps most days. Sometimes if the step count is low I will do a 1.2 mile loop in my neighborhood.

Her comment was, "It will never work."

I thanked her for the input and hoped she had a wonderful day.

Gotta love the doubters... But to be fair, prior to really learning all about this diet/lifestyle, I wouldn't have believed it was healthy or manageable long term. It wasn't until I did a ton of research that I "got it". Society programs us otherwise so this WOE goes against most people's understanding of health.