Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Breakfast Ideas, I'm tired of eggs...

13»

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Those of us who are gluten free must be VERY careful about the asafoetida. I had to chuck mine out as the powder was mixed with wheat starch. The lemons are yummy but if you aren't allergic to the limes, I personally prefer their flavour.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    I love salt in the morning. I salt the living crap out of my plain Greek yogurt and it's divine. I also love ham roll ups. I'll put cream cheese in a slice of deli ham and roll it around a pickle. I eat those while driving to work sometimes. Coffee and Heavy whipping cream works for me too. I've also mixed protein powders into coffee and I like that. Can be difficult to get it to blend properly based on the powder. Gagged on chunky coffee once. barf.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    edited May 2017
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Those of us who are gluten free must be VERY careful about the asafoetida. I had to chuck mine out as the powder was mixed with wheat starch. The lemons are yummy but if you aren't allergic to the limes, I personally prefer their flavour.

Yes, that's why I recommended looking carefully at the asafoetida you buy, because although the pure one is best, it's also quite hard to find..... I purchased 50g on Amazon prime, which is actually quite expensive, but it's guaranteed pure. The smell alone may be enough to put anyone off... but once incorporated into a dish, it really does make a difference. It's also a great aid to a healthy digestive tract, and is, I quote, "antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and has anti-flatulent properties that help alleviate problems like indigestion, upset stomach, intestinal gas, flatulence and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)."

My H has a bit of a 'precious' digestion, but if he eats a curry with this stuff added, he never experiences any, shall we say, 'after-effects'.....
  • angelaypolite
    angelaypolite Posts: 63 Member
    I make my own Keto cereal, I use Bob's Red Mill coconut flakes unsweetened and sliced almonds, I toast both separately in the oven (250 degrees until lightly toasted pay attention they can go quickly from perfect to burnt) 1/2 cup of coconut and 2 tbs of almonds with 1/2 cup coconut or almond milk unsweetened, hit's the spot and tastes just like cereal, to me and my kids! They love it so bonus! :) I cut off the fat calorie etc part of the pic but 11g total carbs 4 net carbs ( or 5 I'm still not sure if you count the gram of fiber from the coconut/almond milk? So I always count it as 5g carbs) 313 calories 7g protein 11g fat and 85g sodium You can also add in some dark chocolate chunks I haven't tried it that way yet but it sounds good :)

This sounds YUMO!
  • angelaypolite
    angelaypolite Posts: 63 Member

Thanks for the article. I had my "non breakfast food" breakfast of cheddar cheese and roast beef :smiley:
  • my4andme333
    my4andme333 Posts: 140 Member
    @my4andme333 , I sent the pm, but as I sent it, I got a message telling me there was a server error, and that it had difficulty complying with my request'. Let me know whether you have actually got the message.... if not, I'll just post it....

I didn't get it and I've also had the same problem with personal messages lately. thank you for posting! I'm excited to try, it'll have to wait til Friday when I go shopping but I've already written the items on my list, now if I don't forget my list I'll be set HAHA