How are you getting on with C25K?

Options

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Moved onto Week 5 yesterday, I am not in any rush to get to 5K so I am only running twice per week so I am not overdoing it and ditching my strength training which is a mistake I made previously.

Managed the 5 min runs ok, nowhere near the same speed I was up to in August when I was doing it before but that's fine. I want to build my endurance up rather than my speed.
  • jaimydude
    jaimydude Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    W7D2 done. D3 tomorrow.
    I'm doing it on the treadmill @ 4.5 (usually @ an incline of 2) and bumping it up to more towards the end.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Picked back up on Week 5 day 2, just been ambling out on interval runs around Christmas. Attempting Day 3 tonight, which is the first of thw interval-less runs, I know I can do it because I already did it once or twice before, but my mind is still playing games with me, hopefully the Myths & Legends podcast I am listening to will distract me.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Day 3 went well, was a little tired when I got to the final minute but kept at it. Will be starting Week 6 tomorrow.
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Hello! I tried my first run (wk5 day1) in about 2-3 months. I have issues with my shoes still and I think the front part is too wide. My energy was ok though, so if I can get my feet to work with me it shouldn't be too long before I am back at 5k. I want to try another run Tuesday or Wednesday with my old shoes and see how that goes.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Week 6 Day 1 done, I am slightly convinced this week of C25K is cursed for me, this will be the 3rd time I have started this week, first time I pulled a muscle whilst dog walking and took a while to recover, second time I was under medical orders to take a break from running whilst I had a bit of back trouble and yesterday I went over on my ankle mid-run, I walked it off and managed to continue running but wasn't sure if I was going to wake up to a fat ankle this morning.

Luckily there is no fat foot!
  • fatty233
    fatty233 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Which C25K app are you guys using? I’m just starting and there are a bunch of apps to choose from.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    fatty233 wrote: »
    Which C25K app are you guys using? I’m just starting and there are a bunch of apps to choose from.

I think most people here are using the Zen Labs one.
  • fatty233
    fatty233 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • jaimydude
    jaimydude Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm done.
    Sunday was the day I was supposed to do the 5k. I did my third one on Sunday. Read all about it here if you have the time - Mama! There goes that man!
  • alc649
    alc649 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Heyy haven't posted here in awhile, I quit c25k and then started back up again. I'm on week 5 now! The other day though I ran for 28 minutes, 2 miles without stopping, so i ditched the app and have just been running on my own. But i haven't been able to do 28 minutes without stopping since, so I think I'm going to get back to the app. Thinking it's slowly building my endurance, which is why I was able to do the 2 miles without stopping that one night? who knows. So, tomorrow I'll start back at week 5. Yesterday, I did a 5 minute warm up walk and then ran for 18 minutes without stopping, walked for 5 minutes, ran for 7, so im thinking week 5 should be doable for sure. Actually starting to feel like I could be a runner, which is crazy..I've always hated running..but I"m starting to enjoy it now!
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I quit c25k a few months ago and just started it again from w1d1.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    So I did Week 6 split over 2 weeks, repeating day 2 and then did an intermediate 6.5 week with 2 straight runs and an interval run, as I was still struggling to reduce my pace to keep at it longer. End of week 6.5 yesterday and I knocked 20 seconds of my mile time from last year and did a 22 minute jog, really pleased with that. I am still not fast by any means, it's a 13 minute mile, but when I started out last year it was 15 minutes so certainly improvement. Starting Week 7 on Friday night.
  • alc649
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 , great job! A 13 minutes miles is awesome! I did week 6 day 2 this morning, went pretty well. Day 3 should be interesting, planning on doing it on Saturday. Right now I'm doing a 15:47 mile, which I know is pretty slow, but right now I feel like this pace is the pace I can keep up with. Hopefully this will improve over time.
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited January 2018
    Options
    alc649 wrote: »
    @tinkerbellang83 , great job! A 13 minutes miles is awesome! I did week 6 day 2 this morning, went pretty well. Day 3 should be interesting, planning on doing it on Saturday. Right now I'm doing a 15:47 mile, which I know is pretty slow, but right now I feel like this pace is the pace I can keep up with. Hopefully this will improve over time.

This is my 3rd time doing C25K, never made it past week 6 due to other injuries. Your time may not seem fast but you're faster than you were before you started :smile:
  • alc649
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 Thank you ! That's so true. I love running! And i never thought I would EVER say something like that. lol. The running's really helping me drop some pounds too, but nothing's better than the high I get from jogging!
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Week 6 Day 1 done, I am slightly convinced this week of C25K is cursed for me, this will be the 3rd time I have started this week, first time I pulled a muscle whilst dog walking and took a while to recover, second time I was under medical orders to take a break from running whilst I had a bit of back trouble and yesterday I went over on my ankle mid-run, I walked it off and managed to continue running but wasn't sure if I was going to wake up to a fat ankle this morning.

Luckily there is no fat foot!

You're a motivation to us all
  • Enthusiast84
    Enthusiast84 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Started yesterday. Found it so hard but I've taken some advice in slowing it down for the next burst.

I would love to hear how others have got on?
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Slowing it down was the best thing I was told.

I am starting again soon to redo it and maybe work on speed a bit. Unsure if I want to do a half marathon so.....we shall see.

When I started C25K I loathed running and the 30 seconds killed me - all because I was going too fast. Now I quite like a jog round with an audio book playing.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Started yesterday. Found it so hard but I've taken some advice in slowing it down for the next burst.

I would love to hear how others have got on?

I am on my third round of C25K due to a couple of non-running injuries, best thing I did to get my pace right the first time around was to sing under my breath, if you can't breath enough to sing, you're going too fast!