June Accountability and Weigh-In

Options

Replies

• 2tall4thisworld
    2tall4thisworld Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Girls, you're doing amazing this week, well done!!

I've had a sneaky weigh in this morning and have lost a little, I might have to use that as this weeks weigh in as my totm bloating has started and it'll pee me off if I have a massive gain on Friday.

Just wondering if any of you are on the pill? I'm starting this month as my period is due when I'm on holiday in July and August, but I'm worried about weight gain, it progesterone only because of my age!!

I have been on the pill for 7 years. It's the pill with the lowest dose of hormone. I have gone up and down around 25 pounds over the years, but I don't believe that is completely due to the pill. I have been very active, and very sedentary. I ate meat, then I became a vegetarian. I started working in an office for the first time in my life. Plus I've been getting older! Lots and lots of factors to consider. I believe the most important thing to pay attention to is how you FEEL. How are you doing emotionally, mentally, etc. Every pill is different, and sometimes you have to do a bit of trial and error before you find the right one. I will probably need to switch up my birth control in the next year or so. Generally, I don't think its good to stay on the same one for too long. :) Hope that helps!
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do agree and think a lot of weight gain when on the pill is down to how the pill makes you feel. So it's not so much the hormones themselves (although I'm sure they contribute in terms of physical changes), but hormones cause me mood swings and then that makes me eat/not care/comfort eat.

@glassofroses I just try to avoid stress by planning more. It's made a huge difference. I bake a lot (for birthdays etc) and have learnt that taking a day off work to do it makes a big difference. So yes, things like that.
  • ranaeblade
    ranaeblade Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    ranaeblade wrote: »
    Ranae
    Age 49
    Height 5'2"
    Weight 125.0
    Goal Weight 115 by August 19th
    Goal for June 6lbs

June 1- 125.0
    June 8- 125.2 not going to beat myself up measurement went down
    June 15 124.6 not much but it is something.
    June 22 124.4
    June 29

• Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Tryingtogetfitdeb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Girls, you're doing amazing this week, well done!!

I've had a sneaky weigh in this morning and have lost a little, I might have to use that as this weeks weigh in as my totm bloating has started and it'll pee me off if I have a massive gain on Friday.

Just wondering if any of you are on the pill? I'm starting this month as my period is due when I'm on holiday in July and August, but I'm worried about weight gain, it progesterone only because of my age!!

I have been on the pill for 7 years. It's the pill with the lowest dose of hormone. I have gone up and down around 25 pounds over the years, but I don't believe that is completely due to the pill. I have been very active, and very sedentary. I ate meat, then I became a vegetarian. I started working in an office for the first time in my life. Plus I've been getting older! Lots and lots of factors to consider. I believe the most important thing to pay attention to is how you FEEL. How are you doing emotionally, mentally, etc. Every pill is different, and sometimes you have to do a bit of trial and error before you find the right one. I will probably need to switch up my birth control in the next year or so. Generally, I don't think its good to stay on the same one for too long. :) Hope that helps!

Thank you. I'm only going on it for a few months over summer, my husband had a vasectomy so don't need it for contraception, just to stop my periods for a few months.
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Tryingtogetfitdeb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Height 5'5
    SW Jan 17 151lb

SW June 138.2
    GW June 134

2/6 138
    9/6 137.8
    16/6 137.4
    23/6 136.6

Bigger loss this week, pretty happy with it.

• 2tall4thisworld
    Options
    Height 5'10

June 5th- 180.1lbs
    June 9th-181.5 lbs
    June 12th-183 lbs
    June 16th-181.0 lbs
    June 19th-181.0 lbs
    June 23rd-179.2 lbs
    June 26th-
    June 30th-

GOAL: 178lbs

Hello Ladies! I have officially made it into the 70s....(without starving myself) Well that took longer than I'm used to, but I'm doing it the healthy way this time hoping that the weight will actually stay off!I definitely think I can reach my June goal of 178 by the end of next week. I feel in control of what I'm eating and very aware of my emotions. I'm trying to stay present and be happy about making it to the 170s but it's hard to not already start thinking about the 160s...and the holy grail of the 150s!

I'm on the right track now. I have my lunches and my food pretty much locked in. I have bumped up the cardio this past week too! I can't believe it, but I actually canceled my gym membership. I'm solely using my fitness center at work, and climbing now. I've also started walking to the grocery store a couple miles. Getting in a little extra cardio whenever I can.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

p.s. My office has a box of donuts and pastries staring me in the face right now... but I'm not gonna give in!
  • aeshippers
    aeshippers Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Alyson, 43

Height: 163cm
    SW Jan: 70.1kg
    Goal Weight: 58kg
    June goal: 58.5kg (want to reach my ultimate goal by mid July)

May 26: 61.3kg
    Jun 02: 61.0kg
    Jun 09: 60.1kg
    Jun 16: 59.8kg
    Jun 23: 59.5kg
    Jun 30:

Pleased to still be losing but need another whoosh over the next week to get to that June goal although it's looking less likely now. Would be content if I'm under 59.
  • rositsky
    rositsky Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    5'3"
    HW: 140lbs.
    SW: 138lbs
    CW: 136.6lbs
    Ultimate Goal: 127lbs
    June Goal: -5 lbs

3rd June: 137.7
    7th June: 137.6
    14th June: 136.6
    21st June: 135.8
    28th June:

Looks like it's not going to be possible to reach my June goal (going in the right direction but very slowly), but I do feel better in my clothes and am noticing that I'm a bit more muscular. I can't really cut more calories, so i'll just adjust next month's goal to be smaller and have realized this is just going to take longer than I thought.
  • aeshippers
    Options
    @rositsky I like your attitude, sounds like you've got this
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Keep getting it, guys! You're doing awesome. A lot of you are down to the last few pounds and it gets really tough at that point. Your body is a super effective machine at working at a deficit now so it knows if you're not on point. I don't mean that to scare you into eating less or 'perfectly'. It's just hard so don't beat yourself up if you don't reach your goal in your expected time frame.

@rianneonamission I live a pretty consistently stressful life so it's more like, how much stress am I going to let today bug me with? Long story short, I have two terminally ill parents. One of which has dementia, among 35 other ailments, and loves the word no in the harshest tone possible. Working on my body and my training is my stress free time and so I make time for it every week. My migraines tend to come coupled with stress + lack of sleep. That or viral tonsillitis, which I have right now. Pushed a bit hard this week especially with the weather but in hindsight when the week started it wasn't mind meltingly hot. :lol:
  • rositsky
    rositsky Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @aeshippers It looks like we have very similar stats. I'm also 43, similar height and have the same weight goal. Congrats on being so close to reaching your goal! It's going to take me a while at this rate.
  • xelsoo
    xelsoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Pretty behind schedule posting! I did weigh myself at the right day though I've had to change scales but I believe this one is pretty accurate. So:

Height 1.74/5'7
    HW 67kg/147.7
    SW June 63.05kg/139
    GW June 60.50kg/133.4
    Ideal weight 58-59.50kg

01 June 63.05kg/139
    08 June 61.9kg/136.5
    15 June 61.9kg/136.5
    22 June 61.5kg/135.5

This week was somewhat of a test, I had a friend come on Tuesday and stay the whole week with me, then we left for the weekend for a backpacking trip. Which means I only worked out twice last week and was estimating my macros from eating out while trying to make healthier choices. The weekend was basically eating street food and some alcohol, so it's very hard to estimate that but at least we walked around a lot. I don't know if I'll be able to drop my weight any more from today to my weigh in on Thursday. I might postpone it to Sunday just to give myself some time to at least get back to last Thursday's weight.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    SW: 160 (Sept, 1 month postpartum)
    GW: 135 (pre pregnancy)
    June GW: 143

May 27th: 146.5
    June 3rd: 147.5
    June 10th: Away
    June 17th: 148.5
    June 24: 148

Gah! June was not a good month. Hoping July is better :) Congrats on your losses everyone!
  • whirlpearly
    whirlpearly Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    CW: 120
    GW: 108

height: 5'6" or 167cm

I don't keep track of my weight much but now I'm on a mission to tone up and lose this pesky squish around my thighs and lower tummy. I'm pretty skinny fat right now and it pisses me off. Hopefully I can tone up in just a few months. I need to get better at tracking my intake... and exercise would probably help too >.< ooh I suck haha.
    This is my first post also.. not sure if I did it right.
  • GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'8" / 173 cm
    Original starting weight: 158.7 lbs
    Goal weight: 123 lbs
    June goal weight: 140 lbs

End of May: 147.9 lbs
    6/5: 147.7 lbs
    6/12:145.5 lbs
    6/19: 141.8 lbs
    6/26: 140.9 lbs

I'm here from another challenge, so the dates may not be the most logical. Excited to track with you guys :)
  • 2tall4thisworld
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Height 5'10

June 5th- 180. lbs
    June 9th-181.5 lbs
    June 12th-183.0 lbs
    June 16th-181.0 lbs
    June 19th-181.0 lbs
    June 23rd-179.2 lbs
    June 26th-177.7 lbs
    June 30th-

GOAL: 178lbs....... ACHIEVED

Feeling pretty satisfied with my progress thus far. I did get down to 176 over the weekend, but I was actually not happy about it because I knew I had unintentionally not eaten enough the day before. It's very easy for me to lose weight once I start operating at a deficit. However, I am really trying to do this the healthy way. I ate more throughout the day yesterday, walked 5 miles and climbed. Happy to be 177.7 today! Would like to maybe lose one more pound before the end of this week/month.

Happy Monday to all of you :smiley:
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    HW:148
    SW: 122.6
    June Goal weight: 115-118

Start of Jan: 148 lbs
    Start of Feb: 139 lbs
    Start of March: 133
    Start of Apr-127.2
    Start of May: 122.6
    28 May-115.0-GOAL
    June 7-116.6
    June 12-113.8
    June 19-115.6
    June 26-113.8

Struggles: Was away most of last week. Hard to adopt new habits in an old/ less motivational place. Excersise at the beach was less than stellar
    Successes: I did ok food wise at the beach. When I returned home, I did 3 days.
    Upcoming week plan: I am going away for the fourth of july and will be eating and drinking more than normal. While I hope to be able to get in some runs, I definitely need to be upping my exercise and banking calories this week. It's only for four days so I am not worried about losing muscle mass or losing weight.
    Congratulations everyone on all your success' this week. Lets keep this up!
  • koirakoira
    koirakoira Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Had a stressful week. No time to cook = outside food; own b-day, plus daughter's b-day party. Figured it's better logging it than not.

Height 5'4

SW: 142.5
    GW June: 137

Jun 02:142.3
    Jun 04:141.1
    Jun 11: 140.6
    Jun 20: 140.0
    Jun 25: 142.4

• glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Highest Weight: 220lbs.
    Start Weight: 212lbs
    Ultimate goal: 145lbs -- more of a 'do not go past this point' goal.
    June Goal: Fat loss. 1-2% hopefully.

31st May: 147.4 (for reference)
    3rd June: 146.8 (after Chinese takeout)
    7th June: 147
    14th June: 146.2 with 0.1% fat loss
    21st June: 146.4
    28th 25th June: 146 at the hospital.

I'm bowing out of the check ins for a little while, I had my appendix out Sunday night after a bout of acute appendicitis and obviously I just want to heal now. Although they did weigh me after no sleep and a saline drip and I was 146. I had weighed in as low as 145.6 this week so make of that what you will. :lol: I'll definitely be here to cheer you guys to your June/July goals though. :heart:
  • aeshippers
    Options
    @koirakoira, well done for logging even on the bad days, as long as you don't let the bad days stop you you'll get there.

@glassofroses sorry to hear you've been sick, hope you recover soon