June 2017 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Updating from June 6-June 18 and adding 33 miles.

exercise.png

• micheleg1965
    micheleg1965 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Walked 4.26 miles today
    44.20/70 total miles
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Congratulations going out to wanderan for making goal!

@just_ceci - riding into the wind for 33 miles does not sound like fun! Good for you for getting it done.

@k80flec - very impressive keeping your streak alive, in the heat and all. I've kept my streak alive too, although I have to confess I've lost count of what day we are on. Fortunately it's much cooler here but we've had a lot of rain and I've been extremely busy so I'm not sure I've run more than 1 mile any day this week. But if it weren't for the RW Streak I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have run even that 1 mile so better than nothing, right? I've learned I can always find time for 1 mile, it's so quick and easy.

@clepant - I'm imagining those shrubs with the bizarre haircuts and laughing. Lucky birds.

As for me, I'm at 38/75 so not quite in the green but I finished a big project I was working on so I hope things will settle down now and I'll get back on track.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and a happy Father's Day.
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    My roadbike finally comes off the turbo tomorrow with new tires. But I only a couple weeks to get used to riding it again, getting my balance and neck issues sorted before my Tour July 8th. Also this year, no high altitude riding prior to 1st week of July. I live 235 ft above sea level. The event is 4000 ft above sea level in the Cascade Mts. Been training hard, when its not raining. Well this Tour des Chutes distance will be metric half century. Stay tuned!

06/15 - 20.0 miles hamster wheel (not a very good day training wise, had to split the workouts)
    06/16 - 20.0 miles hamster wheel (not a very good day training wise, heavy legs & arthritis)
    06/17 - 21.0 miles cycling (braved the rain that sort of came, it was hit/miss, but great ride anyway)
    06/18 - 21.0 miles cycling (cold & raining yesterday, 82 degrees & sunny today. Go figure)

Total: 331.0 miles

exercise.png

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    My roadbike finally comes off the turbo tomorrow with new tires. But I only a couple weeks to get used to riding it again, getting my balance and neck issues sorted before my Tour July 8th. Also this year, no high altitude riding prior to 1st week of July. I live 235 ft above sea level. The event is 4000 ft above sea level in the Cascade Mts. Been training hard, when its not raining. Well this Tour des Chutes distance will be metric half century. Stay tuned!

06/15 - 20.0 miles hamster wheel (not a very good day training wise, had to split the workouts)
    06/16 - 20.0 miles hamster wheel (not a very good day training wise, heavy legs & arthritis)
    06/17 - 21.0 miles cycling (braved the rain that sort of came, it was hit/miss, but great ride anyway)
    06/18 - 21.0 miles cycling (cold & raining yesterday, 82 degrees & sunny today. Go figure)

exercise.png

You definitely are putting in the training. When I retire I would like to do Ride the Rockies which is by lottery. I can train for climbs but not altitude.
  • clepant
    Options
    JTH11706 wrote: »
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Congratulations going out to wanderan for making goal!

@just_ceci - riding into the wind for 33 miles does not sound like fun! Good for you for getting it done.

@k80flec - very impressive keeping your streak alive, in the heat and all. I've kept my streak alive too, although I have to confess I've lost count of what day we are on. Fortunately it's much cooler here but we've had a lot of rain and I've been extremely busy so I'm not sure I've run more than 1 mile any day this week. But if it weren't for the RW Streak I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have run even that 1 mile so better than nothing, right? I've learned I can always find time for 1 mile, it's so quick and easy.

@clepant - I'm imagining those shrubs with the bizarre haircuts and laughing. Lucky birds.

As for me, I'm at 38/75 so not quite in the green but I finished a big project I was working on so I hope things will settle down now and I'll get back on track.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and a happy Father's Day.

The spirea has a cardinal in it. Fortunately she came bak and is sitting on the eggs.
  • clepant
    edited June 2017
    Options
    k80flec wrote: »
    I've been missing - away in Nottinghamshire in a signal dead spot. How I kept my log in streak is a mystery. @JTH11706 - I kept my streak going (fully dressed I hasten to add) so I'm up to day 21. Day 20 was done between 8:15 and 10:00 as part of a 6.32 m run and it was 25C at 8:30!! I was SLOW!! I hate running in the heat. I did my slowest Park Run EVER in the middle of those miles.

exercise.png

16th: 4 miles, 1.34m run (D19/R19), 2.66m purposeful walking - MTD 88.77
    17th: 9 miles, 6.32m run(D20/R20), 3.68m purposeful walking - MTD 97.77
    18th: 4.5 miles, 1.35m run (D21/R21), 3.15m purposeful walking - MTD 102.27

Edited for typo

I am withh you. Did a run yesterday and it was brutally hot early. At least today, I ran before the third day of flash flood storms hit and the breeze made it feel better.
  • clepant
    Options
    vhuber wrote: »
    @clepant: your post made me laugh!! I thank you for helping your neighbor & I know she has to appreciate ALL you do for her.
    Today I was finally able to catch a day of rest after three days of cleaning & discarding two truck loads of junk that was mostly farm stuff, old wood, barrels, windows, tires etc; Now all that needs done is ANOTHER sweep job & we can start decorating.
    4 miles of walking on pain filled feet & 14 from the ex bike . Been loading up on turmeric & my feet felt better today.

exercise.png
    You are going strong. Want to come here an help me purge?
    How much Turmeric are you using to help your feet. I take two capsules a day plus a 1/4 tsp. In my airborne each day. Did you ever give it to your fur babies?
  • clepant
    Options
    June 18: Took dad and hubby to lunch today after church and got grass cut at neighbors and most of my yard. Stopped to run a mole around neighborhood before the monsoons hit.
    Adding 14.25 miles of walking 8 miles, cycling 5 miles and running 1.25 miles.
    TTD: 240 miles

Happy Father'sDay to our dads on here. You are real heroes in a society where many have bailed out on their families.

• clepant
    Options
    June 18: Adding 4.2t5 miles of walking 8 miles, 5 miles cycling and 1.25 miles running before the monsoon rains hit for day four. Oh, the flooded garages and basements near me due do creeks flooding is incredible. Thank goodness we put 20 sandbags at our corner by the botched new storm drain or my gardens would be washed away. Now if they ever come back to fix them and raise the berm.

TTD: 240 miles

exercise.png

• Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    19th June 8.4 miles
    MTD 140.16 miles

Here in NZ my run was in the dark in the rain with a mean wind blowing as well. :)
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Your persistence is inspiring I'm sure I'm not the only one praying this will be the year you finish the Tour strong.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    6/12 - 7 miles
    6/14 - 5 miles
    6/16 - 14 miles
    6/17 - 6 miles
    6/18 - 9 miles

101/150
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Well I have been keeping up, but somehow posting myself didn't happen this weekend. Still struggling with no air conditioner, of course the part that is broken is not a common repair so we are waiting for the part from the manufacturer before they can fix it. We are having a short break in the heat wave (yes, I'm calling 80F low humidity days cool, it's all how it compares to the almost 90F high humidity days we had last week and coming back late this week). I really hope we can complete the repair before the higher temperatures come back on Thursday.

Added 10.75 miles over the weekend. :) June total 74.25 miles.

exercise.png

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    One of those Boot Camp class with circuits and laps after each. Lots of laps. Adding 3 miles.

exercise.png
  • gkingbr
    gkingbr Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    16-Jun 1.01
    17-Jun 2.15
    18-Jun 2.09 - walked and 2 Bike - going to be doing some more riding soon - I forgot how much fun it is.

49.63 of 100 - almost 1/2 way

exercise.png

• wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 5.1 miles

exercise.png
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    +9.3 miles T 57.45

exercise.png