• BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Moxie42 wrote: »
    Me: 16
    B: 3
    DBF: 3

That's awesome @BarneyRubbleMD ! It's hard to resist "binge foods" completely, but it can be even harder to try to stop once started!

Thanks, @Moxie42 !

It's especially difficult when those "evil" office ladies bring in home-baked cookies to share! I've been resisting lately by using a nut butter spread I found called G-butter (Peanut Butter Cup flavor)--2 tablespoons of the goo (kind of like peanut butter) on a plate & microwave for 30 seconds and presto--I have a chocolate peanut butter cookie that's high in protein (12g), low carb (5g), low sugar (1 g) & not too bad on fat either (5 g) and 120 calories and goes great with coffee or 6oz of Fairlife 2% Milk (which has 50% more protein and half the carbs of regular milk but taste like regular milk). If I baked a whole batch of cookies I'd probably eat them all by the end of the day but with the G-butter spread, making one at a time in the microwave is sufficient & enough of a deterrent to making more of them at one sitting (it also helps that they aren't overly sweet). Some people (like my mom) use this G-butter as a high-protein spread on toast but I prefer using it to make a single cookie (or brownie, they have that flavor too, & others) treat at a time. Finally, "resistance was NOT futile!"
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    Options
    Me: 27
    Binge: 0
    Days Binge Free: 51
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    June 27

Binges
    Me:26
    TB: 1
    DBF:26

Days of controlled eating
    Me:18
    TBb:9
    DIC:2
  • hillmike56
    hillmike56 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Me: 1
    B: 0
    DBF: 1
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Me: 24
    DBF: 11

@BarneyRubbleMD - wow that stuff sounds awesome, I'll have to check it out! Thanks for the recommendation :)
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    Options
    Moxie42 wrote: »
    Me: 24
    DBF: 11

@BarneyRubbleMD - wow that stuff sounds awesome, I'll have to check it out! Thanks for the recommendation :)

@Moxie42 - I get the G-butter stuff from their website:

https://www.gbutter.com/online-store

My favorite flavor is Peanut Butter Cup but I also like Brownie Batter. I haven't tried the other flavors as they don't really strike my interest like the other two. Like I said, it's not as sweet as a regular peanut butter cookie or brownie but that's a good thing for a binge eater like me as it helps to keep me from going back for more, plus, knowing I have to make one at a time is also a deterrent for eating too many at one sitting.
  • loruex
    loruex Posts: 7 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Me: 20 days
    The Binge: 2 days

---

These past two days have been so *kitten* hard... My roomies are out of town for a few days, so I have absolutely no filter when it comes to food. Before then I was doing really, really good. 1500kcal/day, no sugar, no sweets, no sodas + exercise. Then they leave and it's like everything I was suppressing came out as this hideous monster. I haven't worked out, and I've binged until I made myself sick, thrown up, and then binged some more. I was doing so good... I lost over 30 pounds, and now I feel like all of my progress is ruined...

Why am I like this? :(
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    June 28

Me: 23
    The B: 5
    DBF: 14
  • Nevadaden
    Options
    @mildlyironick, I know, and others here also do, what you are going through. I also struggle when I have the house to myself. Keep up the good fight!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Me: 20 days
    The Binge: 2 days

---

These past two days have been so *kitten* hard... My roomies are out of town for a few days, so I have absolutely no filter when it comes to food. Before then I was doing really, really good. 1500kcal/day, no sugar, no sweets, no sodas + exercise. Then they leave and it's like everything I was suppressing came out as this hideous monster. I haven't worked out, and I've binged until I made myself sick, thrown up, and then binged some more. I was doing so good... I lost over 30 pounds, and now I feel like all of my progress is ruined...

Why am I like this? :(

@mildlyironick - A friend shared this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80c3VTbIiYE Worth the watch/listen...

(HUGS)
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    hillmike56 wrote: »
    Me: 2
    B: 0
    DBF: 2

Having trouble getting back into this numbers game but realize it's the only game in town for me in this battle.

We're all in this together...one day at a time!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    June 28 (restart June 22)

Me: 5*
    Binge: 2

Streak: 3
  • Moxie42
    Options
    Me: 25
    DBF: 12

@mildlyironick - a lot of us have been there- I know I have! And having the house to myself is for sure when I struggle the most. BUT, with the help of this group, it doesn't happen as often as it used to. With time you'll start to learn what your triggers are, and why they are triggers, so that you can start to build defenses against them. CONGRATS on 30 lbs lost- that is AWESOME! That's a great accomplishment, even if you had a couple off days. *hugs*
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Yeah, when I finally drop my fiance off somewhere, my brain autopilots to start plotting out the destruction of my willpower and sanity, scheming where to stop and what to indulge in on the way home!!! It's scary.
  • Nevadaden
    Options
    June 30

Me: 25
    The B: 5
    DBF: 16
  • Moxie42
    Options
    Me: 26
    DBF: 13

@KnitOrMiss - I go through phases of that too! Planning where to go, what to get, how to hide the "evidence." Thankfully it's been a while since I've planned a binge like that but I know the urge to do it is still there so I have to be careful and always have my food planned far in advance if I know I'm going to be home alone for a while.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    Options
    Me: 30
    Binge: 0
    Days Binge Free: 54
  • loruex
    loruex Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the love and support!