Brenda's Maintenance Journal Year 1

Options

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Almost 4 months in maintenance for me. I am hanging in there but no where near you. I am still taking notes and learning.

Tracey I think you are doing great!!! :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    You're BOTH doing amazing! My heroes :*:*:*:*:*
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Congrats, I think you have this down!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I agree - both of you so inspiring!
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    What does it feel like to be so close to one year of maintenance? :) Do you think it was harder to lose your weight, or do you think it's been more of a challenge to maintain? You've done such a remarkable job and have been a great source of inspiration for us all. <3
  • Brendalea69
    edited February 2018
    Options
    What does it feel like to be so close to one year of maintenance? :) Do you think it was harder to lose your weight, or do you think it's been more of a challenge to maintain? You've done such a remarkable job and have been a great source of inspiration for us all. <3

It feels unbelievable because I've never kept weight off for this long before, it was always back on before 2 months...It was easy for me to lose because I had a splurge day each week...Once I got to maintenance I thought it was kinda frustrating because I was trying different plans that were just too much work such as counting calories (ughhh I hate counting calories) Then I remembered reading about Joe's Bear Maintenance Plan where you cycle between OMAD and Splurge days and since doing that maintenance is now easy :)
  • Babygyrl17
    Babygyrl17 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey Brenda, with your weekly splurges during weight loss did u eat throughout the day or just during window? Do you know about how many calories you consumed omad vs splurge days during weight loss?

It feels unbelievable because I've never kept weight off for this long before, it was always back on before 2 months...It was easy for me to lose because I had a splurge day each week...Once I got to maintenance I thought it was hard to maintain because I was trying different plans that were just too much work until finally I started doing Joe's Bear Maintenance Plan where I cycle between OMAD and Splurge days and now maintenance is easy :) [/quote]

• Brendalea69
    Options
    @Babygyrl17 I ate throughout the day and I never counted calories but I know it was a lot more on my Splurge days.
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    @Brendalea69 Thanks for sharing, Brenda! It gives me hope that once I'm within my goal range that cycling between OMAD and splurge days will be sustainable for me long-term. :)
  • blambo61
    Options
    Maintaining is way easier than losing! I try to maintain just doing a 16:8 with a low carb lunch (big salad with some meat) and that has worked well for me also.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Brenda, you are amazing! I have also never kept weight off for any significant amount of time, so I am really looking forward to joining you sometime this year. It would be nice to finally be at goal in November since that will have been 2 years. I have never lost this slowly in my life, but I also haven't gotten anywhere close to regaining all of the weight, which is what I usually do when I lose quickly.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Brenda, you are amazing! I have also never kept weight off for any significant amount of time, so I am really looking forward to joining you sometime this year. It would be nice to finally be at goal in November since that will have been 2 years. I have never lost this slowly in my life, but I also haven't gotten anywhere close to regaining all of the weight, which is what I usually do when I lose quickly.

I'll be right here waiting for you once you reach your goal :)
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    <3
  • blambo61
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »

Every bit as important to keep it of as to lose it. Maybe more because regains can be very discouraging. Brenda (and Joe) have a good method, it will work. I'm at my lowest in about 2.5 years since starting which I'm very happy about. I've only tried dieting once before and lost a lot but gained it all back and then some in about 6-months. I'm much better equipped to keep it off now and I think we all are by understanding this WOE better.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I lost a pound this week by reigning in my splurge days, I am only doing 2 days and instead of going hog wild all day I am only eating for 4 to 6 hours. I will continue to do this until I reach 122 because I want a bigger maintenance window.
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    Yay for a pound lost! I like the idea of your plan and am similarly thinking that my single feast day will now feature a 16:8 eating window. :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Brenda! I think reigning in the splurge days is an awesome idea. I am adopting it for myself and hope to see a big difference come Friday.
  • blambo61
    Options
    My feast days are usually a 16:8 sometimes starting earlier depending what is going on. 16:8 still feels like a feast after a bunch of 20:4's! Congrats Brenda!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Thanks everyone, today will be an 18:6 :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Can't believe it's been almost a YEAR! Seems like yesterday... :) So impressed with how easily you are maintaining - way to go!!