Are there any girls that look like or want to look like models?

Options

Replies

• dubstepvideobody
    dubstepvideobody Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Today I am 128 pounds. I am loosing weight like hell crazy. Definitely think I am burning more than what iifym says.
  • dubstepvideobody
    edited July 2017
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    You look amazing @kclewis416 ! And yes Jessica Arevalo is definitely body goals (keep in mind she is a bikini pro who has been lifting for over 10 years!)

Ok... hm :D for me she looks a bit unfit for a bikini body pro. Sorry for the honesty. She is very hot, esp in the face, but looks pretty regular (as a regular fitness girl who cares for herself) at least on this pics. I would expect a bit more booty or definition from a competitor :D

Just MY opinion.
    : )
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Yea some of those pictures might be off season, during her prep or just not as flexed as normal (also it is hard to see by the angles and clothes hiding her). Here she is at a show and at peak leanness.

Competitors typically don't say at such low bodyfat all year round.. it is not very sustainable or healthy. They also spend time building/bulking for the next show, so they may not always look super ripped all year round
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    [quote="dubstepvideobody;c-40102318
    Hey why were you denied??? To add me
    Maybe I clicked on the wrong button, sorry. [/quote]

When I try to send you a message, it doesn't show your name... it only shows "username". But that was before I joined the group, so I'll try it now.

• kclewis416
    kclewis416 Posts: 79 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    totally misread a post :) My bad!
  • dubstepvideobody
    edited July 2017
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Yea some of those pictures might be off season, during her prep or just not as flexed as normal (also it is hard to see by the angles and clothes hiding her). Here she is at a show and at peak leanness.

Competitors typically don't say at such low bodyfat all year round.. it is not very sustainable or healthy. They also spend time building/bulking for the next show, so they may not always look super ripped all year round

Ooookay, this is a whole other story. But this time (on the second lean pic) she is too muscular for me, on the first better, but why do the bikini competitors always strive for this unnatural plastic look?! She has a natural beautiful face and all that make up and typical hair or maybe it is the fake tan that makes the look. I dont know. :D haha Just something plastic.
    Anyways! I respect everybody that works hard :P

P.S. Do you guys prefer to bulk and cut or just to be lean year round? I definitely want for me the second. :D Dont you think it is a bit unhealthy to loose weight every year?
  • dubstepvideobody
    Options
    Honestly, strong curves is a bit boring at the beginning :D My Tracy Anderson Workouts are a lot harder than the Beautiful Beginnings... or any other workout that I have done to this day.
    Sardelsa, do you think it will be good to jump right to the advanced level? : )
  • sardelsa
    Options
    That is how bikini competitors are expected to look. That is how they are judged.. if you don't have the tan and all that, you will not place well. That is just how the sport is!

I bulk and cut to work on my body composition. I want more muscle and to be the same bodyfat% but at a higher weight, and I cannot achieve that with staying lean all year round. So it depends on your goals and what you want to achieve. As for it being healthy to gain and lose, the amount of weight gained is controlled, minimal and about 50% muscle. And even then, well look at women that get pregnant multiple times then lose the baby weight.

It starts off slow so you can get your form 100%. Once you feel good you can add weight if you want. And if you don't feel it.. then I would work on activating your glutes. I can hip thrust over 250lbs but I still feel winded when I do bodyweight... activate activate activate!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options

I also have a "mummy tummy". I used to torture myself about this, and even saw a plastic surgeon about a tummy tuck. He told me that I have diasis rectis (I'm sure that isn't spelled correctly) and nothing short of surgery would flatten it to my pre-pregnancy appearance. I've just come to accept it (plus, hours of surgery and weeks of recovery are too scary for me), but I do miss that flat tummy!

@WallyAmadeus, I've actually heard of people on here being able to reduce their diasis rectis. There are certain exercises to do and certain ones to avoid if I'm not mistaken.
  • littlebuffbiddy
    littlebuffbiddy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I would love to look like Nikki Blackketter. That is my Wonder Woman <3<3:* Fitness models on IG have changed my body image for the better.
  • littlebuffbiddy
    littlebuffbiddy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I would love to look like Nikki Blackketter. That is my Wonder Woman <3<3:* Fitness models on IG have changed my body image for the better.

I should add I guess that I am 33, 5'3" 113 lbs and do mostly weight training with two HIIT cardio days. I used to do a 5 day workout split, but recently injured my rotator cuff, so now primarily work legs and core until my shoulder is healed. My goal is to be lean with muscle. 'Specially that boooootay
  • sardelsa
    Options

I should add I guess that I am 33, 5'3" 113 lbs and do mostly weight training with two HIIT cardio days. I used to do a 5 day workout split, but recently injured my rotator cuff, so now primarily work legs and core until my shoulder is healed. My goal is to be lean with muscle. 'Specially that boooootay

Sounds like we have the same goal :)
  • dubstepvideobody
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Welcome!
    Wow this Nikki is something like my all time favourite Pamela Reif. I think they are almost skinny enough to do VS models :D (if you ask me..) Exactly my goal. Skinny with only a big booty.
  • dubstepvideobody
    edited July 2017
    Options
    gh8ts7i9ecny.jpg

But of course the booty of Pamela stays on the first place for now. :D
  • dubstepvideobody
    Options
    8vhz89ibpusb.jpg

This is perfection...
  • dubstepvideobody
    Options
    567xivgz6ugu.jpg
  • sophie9492015
    sophie9492015 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Wow who wouldnt want to look like that!!
  • nmer_88_0101
    nmer_88_0101 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I am probably in the just normal range of weight 5ft 6 143 lbs, but dont look spectacular.
    I know on this site it is just bad if you say you wanna look like a Victorias Secret model, but yeah I do and I think I couöd only say it in this group. It is probably difficult for people that have 100 pounds to lose just to get to the normal weight to understand this goal. I am honest to say I am dying to find friends that are NOT anorexic, just feeling hot enough to say they like to be the hottest version of theorselves.

I invite you to invite me to be my friends!
    I am not aiming to disturb someones feelings with this honesty, or to promote unhealthy thinking, just to find friends that have the willpower to get from normal to spectacular, no matter what spectacular means for you as long as it is not 100 lbs below your currant weight.

This way we will be discussing similar problems!
    My goal is 118 to 120 pounds, toned body.

Mirella

I will be honest... I am 5ft 2in, I weight 189lbs (I cannot believe i just Typed this!!!). I don't think I am ever going to look like a VS model because I am just too short, but doesnt mean I wont try and aim for it.

My weight has got out of control as I have a full time job as well as a single mum, I don't have the time to hit the gym every day, and I do not have the money to buy super healthy foods every week. But I have finally got my *kitten* in gear. I have set up my MFP account, I have got my FitBit on and I am planning on doing 3 gym sessions a week (2 weight training, 1 cardio) plus HIIT training at home twice a week. Hopefully this will shift the weight so I can be a VS model too!
  • WallyAmadeus
    WallyAmadeus Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hmm, maybe I would say that my goal is not so much to look like a VS model (I'm post menopausal...so chronologically, I'm out on that score alone), but to feel like a VS model. I know every one...no matter how beautiful..has their insecurities, but I suspect that VS models have a serious commitment to eating and working out to maintain their "optimum" physiques. I'm far from my optimum physique...but I like to feel that I can develop that commitment.
  • dubstepvideobody
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hi!
    I am probably in the just normal range of weight 5ft 6 143 lbs, but dont look spectacular.
    I know on this site it is just bad if you say you wanna look like a Victorias Secret model, but yeah I do and I think I couöd only say it in this group. It is probably difficult for people that have 100 pounds to lose just to get to the normal weight to understand this goal. I am honest to say I am dying to find friends that are NOT anorexic, just feeling hot enough to say they like to be the hottest version of theorselves.

I invite you to invite me to be my friends!
    I am not aiming to disturb someones feelings with this honesty, or to promote unhealthy thinking, just to find friends that have the willpower to get from normal to spectacular, no matter what spectacular means for you as long as it is not 100 lbs below your currant weight.

This way we will be discussing similar problems!
    My goal is 118 to 120 pounds, toned body.

Mirella

I will be honest... I am 5ft 2in, I weight 189lbs (I cannot believe i just Typed this!!!). I don't think I am ever going to look like a VS model because I am just too short, but doesnt mean I wont try and aim for it.

My weight has got out of control as I have a full time job as well as a single mum, I don't have the time to hit the gym every day, and I do not have the money to buy super healthy foods every week. But I have finally got my *kitten* in gear. I have set up my MFP account, I have got my FitBit on and I am planning on doing 3 gym sessions a week (2 weight training, 1 cardio) plus HIIT training at home twice a week. Hopefully this will shift the weight so I can be a VS model too!

Hi : )
    To be a healthy weight all you have to do is to not overeat. No extra money for ''healthy'' foods, no going to the gym every day. At 5 ft 2 you can be 115 pounds and never go to the gym, eat every day a bit of everything and be perfectly fine. Not spectacular sexy or with a woooooooow what a form-booty (for this you will have to eat healthy and kick the gym, but you will be the bombshell whereever you go as a price). But even just eating less you will be healthy.
    A lot of people make (understandable) excuses like single mum, working too much, that in fact arent factors for gaining weight. It is the decision to kill the emotional stress you get from life with food that makes you gain weight. All people have stress and food makes it just worse. Being a stunningly healthy single mum with fitness, health, beauty goals builds your self esteem and makes you look with a lighter eye on life, you take your problems easier (my opinion). Just imagine how motivating it will be to tell everybody around you ALWAYS find 15 mins to workout even with a kid and a job. Imagine fighting instead of eating. : ) When you overeat, you feel heavy, sleepy, have bad self esteem, think negative, are not proud of yourself, feel like you cant acheave a goal. It doesnt have to be that way.

Sooooo I would suggest just be honest to yourself, before you get into the next diet that wont work. Get to the root of the problem and change your mindset about why you gained weight. It is not not doing the extras, but lacking on basics: overeating, emotional eating, excuses, deciding to be weak rather than strong. I dont mean it in a bad way, most people around choose to be weak. It is the ONE step at a time that a person makes in their life to change the direction and never ever stepping back on this path. Being strong mentally and physically, working towards superficial beauty and more than skin deep health are all in a symbiosis, they are the two parts of a coin. For me working towards looking good (what people often categorize as superficial or not worthy, because only inner beauty is important) is one of the most important weapons in life. It is A BIG thing. It is a life changer. Because it teaches you that outer beauty and sexy body, hair, skin etc is all about health and good habits. Once you master them, you realize you are able to build habits. This brings you discipline in life, self esteem, NO MATTER what happens to you. You become a fighter. A sexy one. You get a lot of passionate sex. Sex fires up your self esteem. You become a better happier person. No complexes. :D You are vibrant.

Start small and take it to the root.

Wish you good luck.