Are there any girls that look like or want to look like models?

Options

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I honestly didnt understand if you agree with me or not :D

Ha! I was agreeing with the below. Everyone defines bulky differently and it causes all sorts of crazy confusion.
    And what bulky means depends on the current state of the body and the mind of the person who defines it.

• plainpixxel
    plainpixxel Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    @mom23mangos @dubstepvideobody @JeepHair77 You guys give such good feedback. I know it's a silly thing to say but I often have anxiety about lifting weights. I know it can definitely help in so many departments. I usually just compensate by lifting myself or using my own weight for strength training. I may talk to a trainer though to get some additional toning ideas.

@sardelsa

You and dubstep are right about bulking being defined differently based upon what you want. Ballet has this thing where you want your legs to be kinda bulky and defined. It shows strength and gives you a good shape. Bulky arms and big chests, on the other hand, are a big no-no. I'm not really shooting to be a prima ballerina (I'm an engineer lol) but I do love dancing the experience itself. For me, is so soul enriching. Looking a certain way just makes the activity easier for me. Weight means a lot. 1 pound can make a huge difference in the ease of every move.

I have another question for you guys. Next week I'm flying to Washington State to see my boyfriend for the 4th of July and I'm not sure how to tweak my diet. I usually eat 1200 calories a day and if I work out I eat more. I was wondering if I should shift my calorie range to a maintenance amount so I don't gain and additional weight but have more flexibility when trying new foods. Is that like a no-no. Should I stick to my 1200 deficit? Or should I alternate? I've already planned meals for the first two days based on the restaurants he told me he wanted to go to. I've planned meals that keep me at 1200 and meals that bring me to a maintenance amount of calories. The only bummer is the 1200 calorie meals are just different versions of what I normally eat and I don't really get to try many new foods.
    Any thoughts?

• mom23mangos
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @plainpixxel, I think for the look you are going for sticking with calisthenics and pilates/yoga/dance is probably fine. They say if you want to look like a specific kind of athlete, then you should train like that athlete. So if you want to look like a dancer, train like a dancer (of course you can't devote 8hrs a day to dance since you have a full time job), but still.

Edit - oh, and eat at maintenance. Enjoy yourself!
  • dubstepvideobody
    dubstepvideobody Posts: 141 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Plainpixel, thank you also! You are doing great. Why dont you try Tracy Anderson? I have the continuity workouts of her, she is one of the biggest enemies of bulk, even she advises never lifting more than 3 pounds weight. I think she is not that hot herself, but this is because I dont like her structure and face. BUT she is training Gwinneth Paltrow and so much other stars with the same method, which are also known for antibulk mindset- she trained shakira for a super söim video, JLo, this skinny actress with the dark hair from Friends hmmm how was her name. I personally find Gwinneth in the film Iron Man one of the hottest women EVER, I just like like like this slim elegant bodies with no excess muscle definition. The Tracy workouts are 30 mins Mat 6 days a week and very effective. Just a tip.

Guys, I think I am quitting cardio completely until I lose all the weight. This makes me f.... hungry and I binged with 2600 cals paleo only food after a few jogging sessions and my appetite went from little to enormous. I am sticking to Mat workouts and 3 times a week maaaaax weights just to not be flabby. But nothing very muscle defining.

The environment also doesnt help. Everybody tells me I dont have to lose, I have perfect curves, I dhould eat more etc and I will have to keep it for myself. I am by far not anorexic and one day when I get to my goal physique I will wirkout and eat a lot, but now.... now I am sticking to a quiet fast. :D

P.S. I told my boyfriend I have around at least 15 pounds more to lose and he was like whaaaat whaaaaaat I wont like you if you do that, than I ask him what he thinks of Alessandra Ambrosio or other models with a good structure and he tells me they are not too skinny and look good. :D Men soo doesnt have idea.
  • dubstepvideobody
    edited June 2017
    Options
    For me this is the absolute max bulkiness I wanna see on my legs right now. A bit slimmer is also good, but anything more is excess. I think in Iron Man she was even slimmer and the hottest version of herself Ive seen so far :D
  • dubstepvideobody
    Options
  • dubstepvideobody
    Options
    #skinnyforthatelegantdress....
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I loved Gwyneth in Iron Man! I also love Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark.. he is so sexy to me with that dark hair, goatee, the wealth and power..mmmm... haha

Yea I think in real life those VS models would look a little giraffe like, at least that is what I have heard from people that hang out with models of similar stature. Not that there is anything wrong with looking like that, but looking a certain way in photos vs. real life are two different things. I know they do a lot of kickboxing, yoga, pilates, light resistance training, and lots of glute work but don't go crazy with super heavy weights and progressive overload.

I think take your goals one step at a time.. I don't know what you look like now so it's hard to say how much you need to lose to get to your goal.
  • mom23mangos
    Options
    There was a woman in the gym today that could have been a model. 6' tall, mile long legs, butt and boobs, slim waist. She was gorgeous.
  • GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I loved Gwyneth in Iron Man! I also love Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark.. he is so sexy to me with that dark hair, goatee, the wealth and power..mmmm... haha

Yea I think in real life those VS models would look a little giraffe like, at least that is what I have heard from people that hang out with models of similar stature. Not that there is anything wrong with looking like that, but looking a certain way in photos vs. real life are two different things. I know they do a lot of kickboxing, yoga, pilates, light resistance training, and lots of glute work but don't go crazy with super heavy weights and progressive overload.

I think take your goals one step at a time.. I don't know what you look like now so it's hard to say how much you need to lose to get to your goal.

Are they all giraffe like though? I mean, Miranda Kerr is only 5'8"/175 cm (I know she's not an angel anymore, but that's besides the point). I know for myself I have no set measurements I feel I need to have though. Yes, I'm working towards the waist and hips measurements of the models, but if at some point I feel it has been enough I will stop. The VS models are also underweight if you go from BMI, that's something I won't allow myself to be.

I like to work one step at a time too, although I have to admit it's a little hard to be patient. I'm following the rules, doing it the healthy way, but I already have been 58 kg/127.9 lbs and know what I look like at that point. I just want to get to that point and work from there to see my body transform in a way I haven't seen it before :-) That's the fun part! I'm planning to be at 130 lbs 2 months from now. That's 5 lbs a month. Last month (in a challenge from 5/22-6/22) I've lost 8 lbs total so it might be manageable!

What is your next step? (to everyone)

@mom23mangos That must have been motivating!
  • sardelsa
    Options
    Oh I definitely didn't mean giraffe like negatively, more limby.. so very long and lean, probably hard to find clothes too! haha. And no definitely not all of them, maybe more the taller ones. I remember checking their stats and most of them are underweight which for their body type is fine but I don't know if I would be aiming for that unless it was natural for me. But honestly as long as someone is healthy I tend not to judge too much!

I don't really know my next steps. I am still cutting and getting really frustrated for some reason. Everytime I think I am getting close and feeling positive, I will get discouraged and beat myself down about something. I don't know what is going on with me. :/
  • dubstepvideobody
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Sardelsa, what is your weight and what are your measurements if you dont mind asking? :)

I am now at around 94.5-65.5-95.5 or 96 cm (converted: 37.2-25.7-37.5 to 37.7 inches breasts-waist-booty) it fluctuates around my cycle and depending of soy intake or weight training :D Does anybody get also bigger boobs on soy products ? I literally gain 0.5 cm if I stick to eating at least one pound of sugar free yoghurt a day and some tofu. i cant eat milk, so I found a big difference...

You are right one step at a time. And the Iron man was hot too. :) hehe

P.s. whats your favourite way to lose inches? I waz amazed how quick one can lose inches losing also water weight..:D Sauna, intense trainings and loads of water. Now I drink 4.5 liters a day and lost around 0.5 to 1 cm in days from my booty! Water weight is underrated
  • sardelsa
    Options
    My weight is around 133-132lbs right now, measurements.. last I checked
    Breast: 36"
    Waist (natural) 27"
    Hips 38"
    And my bodyfat is probably low 20s.. I have no idea.
    I just feel like as I cut my booty gets smaller and I start to see all the problem areas I didn't work hard enough to build during my bulk. Gahhh.
  • dubstepvideobody
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I dont think it comes down to not building enough, maybe you will just see the goal definition as you burn a bit more(if that is your wish) or isolate more the glutes with a good mat workout and weights. Dont be too hard on yourself and never ever disappoint if you are still getting progress!!! I saw your before after pic on your timeline and think you look great now with more muscle!

#whatastalker am i :D
  • GoldenEye_
    Options
    Sardelsa, what is your weight and what are your measurements if you dont mind asking? :)

I am now at around 94.5-65.5-95.5 or 96 cm (converted: 37.2-25.7-37.5 to 37.7 inches breasts-waist-booty) it fluctuates around my cycle and depending of soy intake or weight training :DDoes anybody get also bigger boobs on soy products ? I literally gain 0.5 cm if I stick to eating at least one pound of sugar free yoghurt a day and some tofu. i cant eat milk, so I found a big difference...

You are right one step at a time. And the Iron man was hot too. :) hehe

P.s. whats your favourite way to lose inches? I waz amazed how quick one can lose inches losing also water weight..:D Sauna, intense trainings and loads of water. Now I drink 4.5 liters a day and lost around 0.5 to 1 cm in days from my booty! Water weight is underrated

Haha, I wish!! I've been vegan since the 1st of June and eat some form of soy with almost every meal, but have yet to see any growth there :D 4.5 liters of water is a lot! How do you drink so much?
  • sardelsa
    Options
    I dont think it comes down to not building enough, maybe you will just see the goal definition as you burn a bit more(if that is your wish) or isolate more the glutes with a good mat workout and weights. Dont be too hard on yourself and never ever disappoint if you are still getting progress!!! I saw your before after pic on your timeline and think you look great now with more muscle!

#whatastalker am i :D

Haha aww thanks I think I am just in that in between phase.. I may switch to maintaining soon to give myself a break!
  • dubstepvideobody
    Options
    GoldenEye, great! Are you doing it forever or just until you lose weight? :) I tried being vegan as I was 17 but I was definitely doing it the wrong way (eating too little proteins and way too much fruit), I stayed 6 months on it and my hair stopped growing that much, became weaker and skin was dry. If I would do it again i would not miss the fats and the protein :)
    Oh 4.5 liters..... really difficult, but it became easy after a week. I buy 3 1.5l botzles as I start my day and than have 3 alarms in 13.00, 18.00 and 22.00 by which I must have finished every bottle. So I have the goal and drink all the time :)
  • GoldenEye_
    Options
    @dubstepvideobody I definitely plan on doing it forever. I was in about the same place as you were about half a year ago. I wanted to try it for a month and see how it went from there, but did it in a completely wrong way by just eliminating all the animal products I ate and not replacing any of them. That caused me to eat way too few calories and my macros where absolutely horrible. It's amazing you kept that up for 6 months!! This time I did do my research and use cronometer.com every now and then to see if I really still get all my nutrients to stay safe and healthy and feel great so far!

That's actually really inspiring and motivating :) I have read though that drinking too much (it is not exactly clear what 'too much' is) water can flush out much needed vitamins before they can be absorbed and need to up your salt intake if you drink that much water. You inspire me to put myself to a new challenge though! I'm going for 3 liters of water a day for a month and see if it does anything. Apparently it's great for your skin :smiley: Have you noticed any differenes? And why 4,5 liters if I may ask?
  • plainpixxel
    Options
    @dubstepvideobody Idk about cutting out cardio (I'm just cardio biased. I love cardio) but you know what's best for your body. As for your boyfriend ehh. I feel like he's being a bit rude but maybe well meaning? I mean as long as you lose weight safely and your BMI is in a healthy area I don't see why he's freaking out. I mean sure its nice he likes you the way you are but it's not the most supportive thing he could have said.

@GoldenEye_ @sardelsa You guys measurements are great. You have such good hourglass measurements. I feel really weird because mine are less impressive lol. Maybe I am still growing lol

I drink a good deal of water on a daily basis. Maybe 12 cups maximum. 4.5 Liters seems like a lot. I'm curious as to why 4.5 myself. Does it give really good results?
  • plainpixxel
    Options
    There was a woman in the gym today that could have been a model. 6' tall, mile long legs, butt and boobs, slim waist. She was gorgeous.

Ugh. How I wish and dream of the day I'm taller lol.
    I wish I was taller so I wouldn't have to wear heels lol