Options
2»

Replies

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    Sugar free:
    "The cramping started about an hour later, and soon enough I was as bloated as a balloon in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. When the rumbling started I sprinted down the hallway and made it to the bathroom just in time for the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse to stampede from my backside, laying waste to my home's septic system AND my will to live. After three hours of a pelvis-shaking Gummy Bear assault, I was spongy and weak, surprised that I had any bones left. YUP, whatever they put into these sugar free products.... it can have some nasty side effects. I reccommend trying new products in close proximity to the bathroom, one that has a stall.... or a proper door.... B)

Whew! Not just the horses, but the horsemen, too. Ouch.
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    As defined by USA Inc. we can interpret the meaning of the word "natural" as "derived from ingredients available on Planet Earth. No products obtained from outer space are used in our manufacturing process. You're welcome."
  • RalfLott
    Options
    As defined by USA Inc. we can interpret the meaning of the word "natural" as "derived from ingredients available on Planet Earth. No products obtained from outer space are used in our manufacturing process. You're welcome."

Kryptonite is a trace element, you know.

(WOW! chips were k-fortified, as Olestra was naturally high in it. Not sure where to get it, now that Olestra is only used in deck stain...)
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Update:
    Tried coconut aminos.
    Tried Bragg's Liquid Aminos.

I use it for my keto stir fry with miracle rice/noodles.
    Bragg's Liquid Aminos taste just like soy sauce! Now we wait to see if the bloating will start... :neutral:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    deck stain! Bwahahahaha! :s
  • RalfLott
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    deck stain! Bwahahahaha! :s

True. And a personal lubricant (If you have a, er, small power tool.....).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olestra#Applications
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I love euphemisms....
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Tubas are nice, too....
  • yeswehave8
    yeswehave8 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »
    When a recipe calls for soy sauce, I use Tamari or Coconut Aminos or a 50/50 combination of both depending on how strong (or not) I want the soy sauce flavor to be. lol Here's a link to my favorite kind of Tamari:

https://www.amazon.com/OHSAWA-TAMARI-32-GLUTEN-FREE-MACROBIOTIC/dp/B0019LFC2K

This is the one I use in many of my marinades. I am soy free most days and I have to be GF. This tamari is VERY tasty, I just wish it was cheaper.

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Update:
    Tried coconut aminos.
    Tried Bragg's Liquid Aminos.

I use it for my keto stir fry with miracle rice/noodles.
    Bragg's Liquid Aminos taste just like soy sauce! Now we wait to see if the bloating will start... :neutral:

@LolaDeeDaisy23 - How'd the bloating experiment go? Did you bloat or were you a bloat-free zone?
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss No bloat!! :) i have to be careful with sodium levels though.
    Too much sodium though and I retain water the next day. I went out to eat a chopped chicken salad and I added extra salsa, extra salt and pepper and I gained 3 pounds the next morning.
  • CommanderEmily
    CommanderEmily Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    There's always Gluten Free Tamari, you can even get "lite" tamari. Its a safe alternative to soy.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Tamari is still soy. It is just wheat-free soy. The liquid aminos and coconut aminos are not soy.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    <dump>
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I have heard lots of negatives about soy sauce. I'm personally on the fence about it but I try to sub balsamic vinegar instead. Similar profile (sour and salty).
  • RalfLott
    Options
    I have heard lots of negatives about soy sauce. I'm personally on the fence about it but I try to sub balsamic vinegar instead. Similar profile (sour and salty).

Danger Will Robinson! Some balsamic vinegar = pretty sweet.
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Lol. That's why you food log. Read labels.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Lol. That's why you food log. Read labels.

+1 Can't argue there.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

Danger Will Robinson! Some balsamic vinegar = pretty sweet.

Ummm, yep. Proper Balsamic Vinegar from Modena is like a tangy syrup. I have some 12 y.o. aged that you could pour on ice cream as a topping (and yes I have :o )