Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• pupsalot
    pupsalot Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yes! Better safe than sorry! Keep us posted on if you start.
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Tryingtogetfitdeb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi girls, glad I've found this group. I started BBG about 6-7 weeks ago, but took 3 weeks off, had a holiday and last week I was just too tired. I've completed the beginner weeks, so my plan is to do BBG week 1 starting tomorrow. Do you all have the equipment that you're supposed to use? I don't have a bench or a medicine ball, am thinking hand weights will be fine, but wondering if I should invest in a bench?
    @PIQUEABOO hope you can start again soon
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    And I'm BACK!!

Week 1 | Day 1 | DONE! (I'm restarting for obvious reasons)

Welcome @mrssunshine78 it's great to have you! Maybe you'll start with me today! FYI, I have none of the equipment other than a yoga mat, I lift this beanbag I have the weighs 5kg, and I step onto my sofa - I'm kinda refusing to invest any money in my weightloss to prove that it can be done without equipment or a gym, but I'm stubborn as a donkey!
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Options
    Hey @Piqueaboo I did day 1 week 1 too, legs for me, very much hard work!! I just use my outside step, think I'll stick with that for now. Hope you feel ok after your workout
  • pupsalot
    Options
    Yay for starting you two!! I have weights and used a stair for a long time but ended up treating myself to a bench because I'm an equipment junkie.

Yesterday was weigh in day and I'm down 4 lbs over the last month and almost 11 total. Still a ways to go but I'm liking this pace because I'm not feeling deprived except I could use some more wine...
  • muffinsandcakes
    muffinsandcakes Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Guys I am yo-yoing in bbg am sad :(((((((((
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Options
    @muffinsandcakes do you mean you keep starting then stopping? How long have you been doing it?

Arms and abs for me tonight, it was hard work, my upper body strength is very poor.
  • Piqueaboo
    Options
    Week 1 | Day 2 | DONE!

@pupsalot - Amazing!! That's a fantastic loss!

@muffinsandcakes - don't worry, I've restarted this program like 4 times at this point? Not made it past week 5 yet, let's see if it'll work this time.

@mrssunshine78 - Same, I have strong legs, but my upper body strength is practically non-existent!
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Options
    What other workouts do you do if any? This week I'm doing 3 BBG workouts and maybe a run or a T25 workout.

This evening I'll be doing total body BBG, still aching from other workouts so I know it will be tough!
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Options
    I didn't do BBG on Friday, I did it yesterday morning instead, full body
  • emilybalkam
    emilybalkam Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey all!! I went on vacation last week (I should have known BBG/runs weren't going to happen haha). I ran last night just because I felt gross from vacation. Doing last Friday's BBG tonight to get in the groove for tomorrow to start week 4!

@Piqueaboo YAY!! So glad you waited and started killing it again :)

@pupsalot I'm so impressed! I can only imagine how awesome you look and feel. Keep it up, you're my inspo to get my *kitten* back on track!

@mrssunshine78 Hey and welcome! I found this group about a month ago and it's been really awesome to stay up to date with everyone. I have a yoga mat, medicine ball (10lbs), and dumbells (5lbs). When I have to do skipping I just pretend I have one haha!

@muffinsandcakes It's a huge mind game, I will start convincing myself why I should skip the day when I feel unmotivated. "I'm so tired" "I have no time today". I'm telling myself, I can complain about not being the weight I want OR I can complain about being tired or not making time. Either way, I'll complain but at least one of the options lets me feel awesome!! Hope this helps :)

LET'S ALL KILL THIS WEEK!
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Options
    Thank you so much @emilybalkam your words inspired me to do BBG tonight, I was feeling so tired, but I made myself do it, and I feel better for it!

Week 2 day 1 legs omg, Kayla is going to break me!!
  • pupsalot
    Options
    Hello everyone! Week 10 Legs this morning was rough but I got it done. Last week wasn't my best nutrition wise but trying to get back to it today.

Welcome back Emily!

Mrssunshine, congrats on week 2. Legs are always killer workouts.
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Options
    Legs are definitely a killer!!
  • watyatink1419
    watyatink1419 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im back! Finished week10 leg day! Yay!
  • pupsalot
    Options
    Week 10 Arms was rough after getting about 4 hours of sleep last night but I got it done.
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Options
    I'm hopefully doing arms & abs tonight providing my shoulder is ok, slept on it most of last night and its a bit achy today
  • Piqueaboo
    Options
    LISS done =)
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Options
    I did arms and abs yesterday. Today I've done a 15K bike ride
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Options
    End of my second proper week, I've done total body today, I did struggle as I had a slight hangover.