General Chat

Options

Replies

• wobblemcwobbleface
    wobblemcwobbleface Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    thanks for the messages all.
    W

Tinkerbellang83 - what toberlone ? - mine had coconut in it- recommended !

I have just eaten 2 Sainsburys milk chocolate chip homebaked cookies due to a stressful day so far - only 210 cals a piece........... doh ( you know they are nice when they are over 200 cals a go )
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    thanks for the messages all.
    W

Tinkerbellang83 - what toberlone ? - mine had coconut in it- recommended !

I have just eaten 2 Sainsburys milk chocolate chip homebaked cookies due to a stressful day so far - only 210 cals a piece........... doh ( you know they are nice when they are over 200 cals a go )

Was just the normal Milk Chocolate one, it's been sat in my boyfriends cupboard since his Housemate moved out, I've resisted the urge for weeks, but finally caved whilst netflixing!
  • joannewhitehurst1
    joannewhitehurst1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need motivation, so much. I'm the heaviest I've ever been and don't seem to be able to stop eating! Started over and over again, but this time, I'm determined!
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I need motivation, so much.
    I know it sounds silly, but people who go to their MFP profiles and fill out the "About Me", "Why I want to get in Shape" and "My inspiration" sections tend to have more success than those who don't......try filling them out TODAY. They aren't locked in stone, you can always edit them. Again, welcome...

• amskinner87
    amskinner87 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I need motivation, so much. I'm the heaviest I've ever been and don't seem to be able to stop eating! Started over and over again, but this time, I'm determined!

Hi Joanne, welcome to the group. Just stick to your plan and you'll get there.
  • wobblemcwobbleface
    wobblemcwobbleface Posts: 93 Member
    Options

Hey Joanne - welcome, as we all know there are 3 things to the magic loosing weight and the hardest of that is the willingness to do it - it is at the end of the day in our mind and if we want to do this we will - you only need to see the incredible feats that a lot of people do - a 100mile run, climbing Everest, swimming the English Channel (more people have climbed Everest !) etc.

You sound like you are determined this time so that is the most important one out of the 3 to get you on your way so well done.

I have found ( I suspect like most ) that joining a forum and sharing has really helped me keep my determination going (I feel like I have played with my weight for most of my life and have felt guilty as to what I have become and who I am) so stick with it , you CAN do it if you put your mind to it. People here will support you

Let us know how you are getting on and good luck and enjoy the journey

W
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Pretty remarkable. You are an inspiration.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Someone was asking about before and during photos. Here are mine.

First photo is 01 Jan 19 at 201lb and bmi in obese category. Second is today 04 June at 162lb and still overweight.

Much bigger smile in the 2nd one is noticeable :smile:
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    prehistoricmoongoddess Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    I've given in to temptation tonight and ate quite a bit of chocolate. However...just noticed it was past midnight so I'm taking it off tomorrow's calories.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Happy Hump Day folks!
    wn3k645mdjt2.png

I've written a new blog post about my binge eating, it's been a particularly vicious cycle the last few months one I am now trying to combat using a few new tools - meditation, hypnosis and mindful eating.

https://www.exercisenotextrafries.com/single-post/2019/06/26/The-Vicious-Cycle-of-Binge-Eating
  • eatingems
    eatingems Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've written a new blog post about my binge eating, it's been a particularly vicious cycle the last few months one I am now trying to combat using a few new tools - meditation, hypnosis and mindful eating.

https://www.exercisenotextrafries.com/single-post/2019/06/26/The-Vicious-Cycle-of-Binge-Eating

Well written. I have struggles with BED, 2016 was particularly bad. I'm an emotional eater and had a family bereavement very recently that caused me to come off the rails, albeit for less than a week because I had to pull myself back out of that hole. I use a mantra similar to your "Food is Fuel, not Medication" to help keep me in line.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    eatingems wrote: »

Well written. I have struggles with BED, 2016 was particularly bad. I'm an emotional eater and had a family bereavement very recently that caused me to come off the rails, albeit for less than a week because I had to pull myself back out of that hole. I use a mantra similar to your "Food is Fuel, not Medication" to help keep me in line.

Sorry to hear about your loss, it's strange isn't it that what we do to cope with what hurts us, is hurt ourselves more.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Great naked honesty. Kudos for speaking on the subject.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Going to do a booze thing. I polished off a huge bottle of gin and have no more booze in the house. I have a 10k I am preparing for on Sept 29th. I am going to continue to eat below goal, primarily at home, and hold off on home-based drinking until after the race I may go out and socialize and have drinks, but not at home until after the race.
    I think I'll buy some veggies and add 150/200 cal of veg from the 250/300 cals of booze I have been having. We'll see.

I just want to write this plan here before I have a change of heart, snd while I am still ever so slightly inebriated. Wish me luck.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Going to do a booze thing. I polished off a huge bottle of gin and have no more booze in the house. I have a 10k I am preparing for on Sept 29th. I am going to continue to eat below goal, primarily at home, and hold off on home-based drinking until after the race I may go out and socialize and have drinks, but not at home until after the race.
    I think I'll buy some veggies and add 150/200 cal of veg from the 250/300 cals of booze I have been having. We'll see.

I just want to write this plan here before I have a change of heart, snd while I am still ever so slightly inebriated. Wish me luck.

Best of Luck! I am just back from a rather boozy weekend, I don't really drink at home, but might well abstain from drinking for a few weeks to give my body a break lol
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    I can't believe July is almost done, I feel like I only just did last month's progress reports, where is the Summer going?
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    ... might well abstain from drinking for a few weeks to give my body a break lol

A successful day one, no DTs :). I enjoy sitting out at the end of the day, watching the sunset, so I did it last night with an ice water...eh, it was okay. It'll work for the time being.

• chris_in_cal
    Options
    My goal is to lose 100lbs. Today I hit the midpoint. 50 lbs gone, 50 lbs to go...
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    I had a small binge tonight. Tired, sore, lonely, frustrated...all the ingredients.