General Chat

Options

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    After several weekends of looking after everyone elses mental health, I am looking after my own this week and having a bit of me time. Thinking a bit of netflix, home-spa day and maybe a walk in the Comeragh mountains somewhere if the weather calms down a bit.

What are your weekend plans?

• nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the late reply @tinkerbellang83 the urge to binge, as I have been busier, more stressed out than when I was bingeing mind you, has gone away. In fact, I have to remind myself to eat and drink this past week, as time just seems to flit by and mealtimes are missed....I think once I get into the proper routine of logging, training and being mindful of my moods, the need for food as a comfort declines a bit. It is a lifelong struggle.

I will be mostly unpacking and re-assembling stuff at my new house. Has been fun, stressful, a huge relief and then renewed life stresses (blocked drain in the driveway, a door handle coming away in my hand the just after getting the keys and walking around the place to take it all in properly) all over again. Life goes on, but sleep, food and fluid deprivation are not so fun. Catching up on the calories today and attempting to rest more and sleep more as needed...

Am working tonight, have commuted twice on my leccy bike, treks into and out of the countryside are mint.
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    prehistoricmoongoddess Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Due to a horrendous year I've not been around for more than a year and have put on two stone. I'd like to start again. I'm now 12st 6.6lb and want to get down to 9 st
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Due to a horrendous year I've not been around for more than a year and have put on two stone. I'd like to start again. I'm now 12st 6.6lb and want to get down to 9 st

Welcome back.
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    prehistoricmoongoddess Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    nexangelus wrote: »
    Sorry for the late reply @tinkerbellang83 the urge to binge, as I have been busier, more stressed out than when I was bingeing mind you, has gone away. In fact, I have to remind myself to eat and drink this past week, as time just seems to flit by and mealtimes are missed....I think once I get into the proper routine of logging, training and being mindful of my moods, the need for food as a comfort declines a bit. It is a lifelong struggle.

I will be mostly unpacking and re-assembling stuff at my new house. Has been fun, stressful, a huge relief and then renewed life stresses (blocked drain in the driveway, a door handle coming away in my hand the just after getting the keys and walking around the place to take it all in properly) all over again. Life goes on, but sleep, food and fluid deprivation are not so fun. Catching up on the calories today and attempting to rest more and sleep more as needed...

Am working tonight, have commuted twice on my leccy bike, treks into and out of the countryside are mint.

How are you settling into your new gaff?
  • nexangelus
    Options
    How are you settling into your new gaff?

Pretty well, thanks, still unpacking, but been working full time apart from the odd day off to move and settle in. The commute is long and far, but will get used to it soon enough. Rather bushed, but then there is the weekend coming up soon....

• MegansMom2011
    MegansMom2011 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hi there, @tinkerbellang83 . Do you still have that article explaining CICO and it not affecting metabolism? Or was it just something that I read on MFP in the articles?
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    @MegansMom2011 sorry I thought I had posted a reply to this.

I can't remember a specific article I have posted in the past about it. But these is a very good one: https://physiqonomics.com/slow-metabolism/and also this: https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    @chris_in_cal did you give in to an E-Bike purchase yet?
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    @nexangelus the commute must be a breeze to you by now!

My bruises all faded from my bike incident, then replaced it with another from rowing, we were bringing boats in on flood tide from a sea row and one of them bumped into my leg on a wave, so that just starting to fade now.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    @amskinner87 All ok with you, you've been quiet last couple of weeks on the group?
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options

Nope, and I really want one, and I really don't need one. Like a bag of crisps. I've been riding my non-e bike a little more since I first got the urge. I'm torn. Where I live isn't a great place to ride, so I don't see putting in a whole lot of KM, and if I do ride things are mostly pretty close... I still may lose my impulse control and buy one because they are awesome. :smiley:
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

Nope, and I really want one, and I really don't need one. Like a bag of crisps. I've been riding my non-e bike a little more since I first got the urge. I'm torn. Where I live isn't a great place to ride, so I don't see putting in a whole lot of KM, and if I do ride things are mostly pretty close... I still may lose my impulse control and buy one because they are awesome. :smiley:

Can you maybe look into conversion instead if you like your normal bike?
  • chris_in_cal
    Options

Can you maybe look into conversion instead if you like your normal bike?

I'm a bicycle fanatic. It would feel like painting over the Mona Lisa's hair because i like gingers.
    People do, it is possible to convert them. I'd buy one if it comes to it.
  • nexangelus
    Options
    @nexangelus the commute must be a breeze to you by now!

It is, time is getting progressively quicker too...and more miles per hour...some days I don't even turn the motor up for the hills, like tonight, it felt really easy despite the rain...on tired days, though I use more motor...I am so glad I got the e-bike...am going to head out on the mountain bike tomorrow...let us see how fit the legs really are now ; )

• MegansMom2011
    MegansMom2011 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    @MegansMom2011 sorry I thought I had posted a reply to this.

I can't remember a specific article I have posted in the past about it. But these is a very good one: https://physiqonomics.com/slow-metabolism/and also this: https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/

Thank you! I appreciate this!
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Apparently, according to the article, "starvation mode" is a wrongheaded, cruel myth...O.K.
    https://aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/

It would be great though if the reason my weight is not where I want it to be was a pernicious invisible weird force making it impossible...
  • nexangelus
    Options
    Hey peeps!

Not checked in for a while as my weight is all over the place. Have shot up by 9 lbs in however long I have not checked in for and have not been overeating to the extent that should warrant a huge up spike...will be in touch with the doctor to see if the endocrinologist referral appointment can be made any sooner...unsure what is going on. It may have been the scales, though, as have new scales....it may be really hard training and body trying hard to repair itself...it could be any number of things but am a little disheartened where it comes to the scale at the moment. The body is strong and training well and clothes fitting fine...apart from some abdominal bloat which has suddenly started...sorry for the too much info, just jotting this down for future reference...
  • nexangelus
    Options
    Well, my trend weight is up by 5 lbs, so not the 9 lb leap or difference I thought it was. Not as bad as I thought. So am essentially the same weight as I was beginning of August....the scales were defo a big part of the weirdness. I looked back properly at my weight graph this morning to see what is/was going on.