General Chat

Options

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    ikalujny wrote: »
    I'm doubling down on exercise quite a few days of the week, doing 1000 calorie burns instead of 600, and man that takes effort. Not sure what goes wrong....

You are doing extraordinary work. What I am reading is you are acting with integrity so you will have great results. We aren't machines so you might not see precisely what you expect.

I hope you begin to see the results you want, and I hope you allow your efforts and your program to produce, to give it a chance. You know....love your process.
  • suejo2144
    suejo2144 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi not sure if this helps you @ikalujny but I was told in previous weight loss groups that if you increase your exercise quickly, the body hangs on to h20 and protein to protect and repair itself. It will all even out in a couple of weeks. Stick with it, those scales will stop fluctuating and show a drop soon.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Alrighty, I forgot to post my progress yesterday, so here tis:

For my step goal, I hit 2,792 steps according to my phone but since I had to charge it in the evening, I might have actually hit 3k. Either way, I'm really happy with that total.

As far as my calories went, I absolutely bombed. I did really well in the morning, but then I got focused on working and forgot to eat until late, which led to some really high-calorie choices. I logged them and still landed somewhere around maintenance. I think that the way I'm going to combat this is by setting an alarm on my phone to remind me when snack time is and having some chopped up fruit and popcorn ready ahead of time for snacks.

I'm heading out to a live drawing class tonight, so my aim is to avoid getting any treats on the way home and bringing some water with me. I'll let y'all know how it goes!
  • suejo2144
    Options
    @LenGray how did the drawing class and evening go?
  • LenGray
    Options
    @LenGray how did the drawing class and evening go?

It went really well! I was a bit nervous because it was a new event, but everyone was really supportive and nice so I think I'll definitely have to go again ^_^
  • LenGray
    Options
    My hit my goals yesterday! I walked 4,638 steps (yay!) and was close to my deficit goal. I also worked through some stuff in my journal about my mindset going into weight loss. :) Also, in addition to going to the art class, I went to the park with the pups and put them on their leads so they could run around, then took them on a long walk. It was a really great day ^_^
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    LenGray wrote: »
    It was a really great day ^_^

Simply reading that puts me in a better mood. We got this!
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    ux9nnjq0c4u7.png

--
    Curious on how to find this group, or other groups in which you are a member? MFP does not make "Groups" easy. I argue they make it hard. Look for your "quick links" section, then click "My Groups" then you can select. Why three clicks buried in "quick links"? I don't know, ask Mrs. MFP.
  • suejo2144
    Options
    @chris_in_cal i think the whole site is a bit clunky 😆 but I bookmarked this group and can find it easily enough in my groups even if it says I don't belong to any .
  • ikalujny
    ikalujny Posts: 68 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    As far as my calories went, I absolutely bombed.

Go Keto! Switch your metabolism to fats. Its a great way to have calories deficit.

I'm amazed at how little I actually need to support myself and still be able to work etc. For example today I had a grand total of: 2 100gr frikadelen, 2 slices of cheese and 140gr of haselnut, total 1700 calorie all in all. Add to that 650 workout and its a great way to attack your fat reserves!

Much love and hugs.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    100gr frikadelen, 2 slices of cheese and 140gr of haselnut

I love reading the food diaries of my international groupmates. This group is, I'm guessing, 1/3 Europe and 2/3 North American.
  • LenGray
    Options
    As far as my calories went, I absolutely bombed.

Go Keto! Switch your metabolism to fats. Its a great way to have calories deficit.

I appreciate the advice, but keto won't work for me. I've tried it before and it makes my seizures worse. Plus, it would be pretty hard to sustain as a vegan ;)
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    A couple of us have talked about wanting to start structured exercise programs. I am all in favor of peer support and momentum to make progress and meet goals.

Would anyone want to have a "sweaty selfie" or "what was your workout today?" thread?

There are other places on MFP to do this stuff, but it is a bunch of people I don't know. I care about us here making progress, so I would be more likely to post here.

What are some other ways of adding something like this here for our exercise?
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    a "sweaty selfie" or "what was your workout today?" thread?

TMI, or inspiring? My first sweaty selfie.

I dragged myself out of bed this Sunday morning and drove to the beach. I did a jog/walk for about an hout.
    x58h4w3wuue3.jpg

• chris_in_cal
    Options
    @Sandie2102 @shawnstevennelson1988 @ikalujny You in?
    Anyone have other ideas?
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    A couple of us have talked about wanting to start structured exercise programs. I am all in favor of peer support and momentum to make progress and meet goals.

Would anyone want to have a "sweaty selfie" or "what was your workout today?" thread?

There are other places on MFP to do this stuff, but it is a bunch of people I don't know. I care about us here making progress, so I would be more likely to post here.

@chris_in_cal Replied to this via the app yesterday but it doesn't appear to have posted. I suggested maybe a "How was your day?" Thread, so it can cover exercise but also doesn't exclude those who might have other progress indicators such as improved health / wellbeing activities but also a place to air any struggles, frustrations, etc.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    It can cover exercise but also doesn't exclude those who might have other progress indicators such as improved health / wellbeing activities but also a place to air any struggles, frustrations, etc.

Perfect!

Okay @shawnstevennelson1988, I want to hear about the great fitness plan you just created!!!!!

• chris_in_cal
    Options
    Day 9 of jury duty, the half way mark.
    I caught a cold on Monday, so there is that. I tested last night and I am covid negative, and I don't have any fever.

So, I get to suck it up, and keep on showing up. I missed my exercise yesterday and will again today too. Eating well is tough, lunch out at a restaurant, and poor planning make breakfast hard, then eat too much at the end if the day. That's the end of my complaint report...the opposite of a good vibes post.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    Day 9 of jury duty, the half way mark.
    I caught a cold on Monday, so there is that. I tested last night and I am covid negative, and I don't have any fever.

So, I get to suck it up, and keep on showing up. I missed my exercise yesterday and will again today too. Eating well is tough, lunch out at a restaurant, and poor planning make breakfast hard, then eat too much at the end if the day. That's the end of my complaint report...the opposite of a good vibes post.

Feel better soon.