General Chat

Options

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,199 Member
    Options
    I might three sixty myself too.

There is something to be said for the tactile approach of journaling and pants wearing, I imagine it does something good to our momentum and the care with which we watch our health and heaviness.

I'm not sure why, but after getting rid of all my clothes, if I buy something new (in XXL) I'll buy an XL and a L, because I want to envision wearing those in short order. It goes against my minimalist phase of a couple of years ago. I am genuinely looking forward to moving down into the first XL garment.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,138 Member
    Options
    LenGray wrote: »
    How's everyone doing? We've made it through the halfway point in the week!

My progress so far is that I've only missed one day of my water goal (6 cups instead of 8) and have only gone over my calories once, though I was still in a deficit. I'm also planning on hitting the halfway mark with my exercise goal today by taking my dogs on a long walk :)

Good luck with the second half of the week and keep going! You've got this B)

I was away in London for the weekend so a lot of exercise done (16km long pub crawl on Friday) and just generally galivanting around the place. Unfortunately an awful lot of alcohol too, so it probably didn't have too much of a positive impact on my weight - it's very rare that I take the opportunity to drink though.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    ... a lot of exercise done (16km long pub crawl on Friday)

My type of exercise. Does the MFP exercise diary have a "Pub Crawl" dropdown?

:wink:
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    ... a lot of exercise done (16km long pub crawl on Friday)

My type of exercise. Does the MFP exercise diary have a "Pub Crawl" dropdown?

:wink:

Not yet but it should - pint curls, bar stool balances, etc.
  • Sugarnspice1922
    Sugarnspice1922 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    New here
    Thanks for the invite
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    My goals for this week are:
    -Take measurements (I don't currently have a weigh-in scale)
    I recall this now...are you considering one?

• LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    My goals for this week are:
    -Take measurements (I don't currently have a weigh-in scale)
    I recall this now...are you considering one?

Actually, I have one now! And thanks for the invite to the new group :)
  • LenGray
    Options
    I figured I'd post here for a bit of daily accountability this week :)

I started the week off strong today. I hit my protein goal, did 30 minutes of exercise (walked my dogs), didn't go out to eat, and set up (then used) my journal. Now, I'm thinking seriously about doing a bit of painting or reading for the rest of the evening.

How's everyone else doing?
  • chris_in_cal
    Options

I started the week off strong today. I hit my protein goal, did 30 minutes of exercise (walked my dogs), didn't go out to eat, and set up (then used) my journal. Now, I'm thinking seriously about doing a bit of painting or reading for the rest of the evening.

I miss walking my dog...🐕

I am cracking myself up. I was in a challenge to run/walk/crawl 60 miles in the month of July. I got a little bit behind, and caught up yesterday with a six miler....and today on the last day of the month I was going to shuffle the last little bit to complete the challenge.

I just came in and it turns out I made 59.99 miles this month. Ha Ha Ha!!!!! I am just going to go with it.

If this 00.01 miles gives me insomnia tonight I have bigger issues to deal with. ;)
  • LenGray
    Options
    Congratulations on finishing the challenge! I'd say you definitely won and deserve a good night's sleep :)
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Thanks. I have a history of enjoying running. Being so far from goal weight makes it a delicate things, as I'm at increased risk of injury. I'm being very slow and deliberate in getting back. I've always had kind of a social connection with running. I don't have that anymore. I found a group on MFP and it has become that motivating community. Starting back into it has been nice.

Movement is living.
  • LenGray
    Options
    That's part of why I'm ramping up my movement right now. I used to love running and want to get back to it :) I don't really have an irl community (for weight loss or running) but MFP is a pretty great stand-in.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

Goals are on pause for me at the moment, I am balancing being full of a Summer cold and in the process of moving into my new (old) house, scales are in the new house and it's not my top priority just now. I am however as a byproduct being very active. Averaging about 8000 steps even on "quiet" days and doing a lot of heavy lifting and running up and down 3 flights of stairs emptying the attic out. Looking forward to the long weekend (Bank holiday here in Ireland) to get the house move done and dusted.
  • LenGray
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 It sounds like you have a lot on your plate at the moment! I hope you get feeling better and can enjoy the long weekend :)

I'm still rocking the homecooked meals (6 out of 17) and made a big bowl of pasta salad with tofu, chopped veg, chickpeas, and hummus dressing for dinner. I also hit my 100 grams of protein goal for the day, but had to deal with some hunger for the first time since upping my protein so I snacked more than usual :)
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    What worked for me last time was moving my eating window up. From everything whenever, to eating breakfast and a bigger lunch. Once I was on that routine I made progress. I fell off of that routine a couple years ago, and am just trying to start back on. For two days now, it's working. But it takes a while to really reinforce a habit.
  • LenGray
    Options
    @chris_in_cal Honestly, I usually do better with smaller meals throughout the day. It's only when I get hungry and have access to takeaway or sweets that I get in trouble :) Happily, my hunger levels seem to have evened out today.

I was really tempted to get Chinese food (and had a few moments where I daydreamed about pizza) but managed to stick to both my protein goal and my homemade meal goal (9 out of 17!). On the bright side, I made some BBQ seitan bowls with mashed potatoes and veg, which turned out SO good. I also did a 30-minute yoga video for my second workout of the week and noticed that I'm starting to move around a bit easier.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    I also did a 30-minute yoga video for my second workout of the week
    I haven't done anything yet ;) but you are inspiring me, and I swear I'm going to break out my yoga mat soon!
  • LenGray
    Options
    I also did a 30-minute yoga video for my second workout of the week
    I haven't done anything yet ;) but you are inspiring me, and I swear I'm going to break out my yoga mat soon!

You should! It was a really wonderful break in the middle of the day :)
  • LenGray
    Options
    So far, so good. I ate all of my meals at home today (12 out of 17) and have a planned takeout meal for tomorrow, since I'm meeting up with my writing group. I was a bit worried that I wouldn't hit my protein goal because I didn't eat breakfast until 11 (I got caught up in a painting I'm working on) but I bumped up my portions on lunch and dinner so I just barely made it to 100 grams. I didn't do a lot of movement today-- unless you count moving canvases out of storage-- but I still have plenty of time to get another workout in this week :)
  • ikalujny
    ikalujny Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This week is tough on me, the scales show fluctuating weight at the very same time I expected it to go down. In response to that I'm doubling down on exercise quite a few days of the week, doing 1000 calorie burns instead of 600, and man that takes effort. Not sure what goes wrong, I'm not cheating on the intake (not counting ketchup on my meatballs shouldn't make it much worse). I'm still having 100 - 200 ml whiskey daily evenings, maybe that hampers my fat metabolism (since liver is busy processing alcohol instead of burning that fat).

Hard week all in all.