beerfoamy wrote: »
    hey hey!
    what you up to in London?

All well here, back on track a lot more than I was in, say, Feb-June! haha

I am doing the Great River Race.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,073 Member
    Options
    @beerfoamy what's your secret - I've been horrendous the last couple of months
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 - I stopped believing my calorie burns and really focused on not eating all of them back. Seems to be working.
    I also got back into getting more protein. That helped my satiety no end :D
    Also came off a pill which I am hoping will create less water retention or some such nonsense :p
    erm, restarted SL 5x5 and loving it. Stopped running til Nov and focusing more on 5x5 and swimming, which I think I prefer. I get too hungry with running. Slower build up from Nov to another half in May - then I may leave it.

am also drinking less - purely due to less events happening recently, but it leads to better food choices as on the day of drinking and the day after I tend to go off track.
    It seems like I am having fun with this again, logging and stuff isn't taking as much mental effort. :/

Great river race looks amazing!! loving the dedication :D
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 - I stopped believing my calorie burns and really focused on not eating all of them back. Seems to be working.
    I also got back into getting more protein. That helped my satiety no end :D
    Also came off a pill which I am hoping will create less water retention or some such nonsense :p
    erm, restarted SL 5x5 and loving it. Stopped running til Nov and focusing more on 5x5 and swimming, which I think I prefer. I get too hungry with running. Slower build up from Nov to another half in May - then I may leave it.

am also drinking less - purely due to less events happening recently, but it leads to better food choices as on the day of drinking and the day after I tend to go off track.
    It seems like I am having fun with this again, logging and stuff isn't taking as much mental effort. :/

Great river race looks amazing!! loving the dedication :D

Sounds like a fab plan for you! I am thinking of knocking the running on the head again for a bit, I enjoy it but just have so much other stuff going on.

Just started upping my protein again so hopefully will feel a bit fuller, easily having +1000 cal days lately.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    yeah I was getting bad with going over and thinking - I'll rein it in tomorrow.
    About 24 weeks of that and a 10lb gain later, I reined it in! haha

hope the protein upping works :)
    was talking to a mate who needs carbs to feel full and I was reminded how lucky I am that meat and veg do it for me :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

was talking to a mate who needs carbs to feel full and I was reminded how lucky I am that meat and veg do it for me :)

Carbs do work for me too but I get acid reflux from some of them. Just need to find the right balance again, looking back at all my old food plans/logs really helped.
  • beerfoamy
    Options

Carbs do work for me too but I get acid reflux from some of them. Just need to find the right balance again, looking back at all my old food plans/logs really helped.

can acid reflux be a stitch like pain on one side? cos I get that after too many greasy carbs (chips at work are notorious for it)
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

can acid reflux be a stitch like pain on one side? cos I get that after too many greasy carbs (chips at work are notorious for it)

I have no idea, for me it's more of a case of feeling like I need to clear my throat for about 3 hours, it's highly annoying for anyone I eat out with :lol:
  • beerfoamy
    Options

I have no idea, for me it's more of a case of feeling like I need to clear my throat for about 3 hours, it's highly annoying for anyone I eat out with :lol:

ahh, different area entirely then - that can't be much fun for you either!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

ahh, different area entirely then - that can't be much fun for you either!

I'm kinda used to it at this point, just feel a bit bloaty so avoid them where I can.
  • TheRedQueen1981
    TheRedQueen1981 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I’m still working hard but I’m struggling to lose weight. I’m not sure if I’m building muscle again or not but this happens to me quite regularly. It’s annoying but I’m still motivated, despite feeling very sluggish.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Hey there! I’m still working hard but I’m struggling to lose weight. I’m not sure if I’m building muscle again or not but this happens to me quite regularly. It’s annoying but I’m still motivated, despite feeling very sluggish.

If you're in a deficit it's pretty unlikely it's muscle (sorry) the amount of muscle a woman can build without going to pretty exceptional effort to gain muscle (eating in a surplus, progressive lifting program, high protein diet) is quite minimal and wouldn't normally mask any fat lost through eating at a deficit.

If your weight is at a standstill, focus on your logging, 9/10 people who can't lose the weight are eating more than they think, burning less than they think through exercise or a combination of the two.

j9p4cv36llbm.jpg
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Happy Friday eve folks! I'm looking forward to the weekend, I've a day's holiday in for Monday and going away for last camping trip of the year down to West Cork. Can feel the weather changing already to Autumn which is my favourite season of the year. What are your plans for the weekend?
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I love autumn too, it is all the colours of the leaves, the slightly damp, dank undergrowth scent and the smoky tang in the air...oh and wild mushrooms!

Weekend plans are two days of lifting. Strongman training at the moment. Lunch with the strong ladies Saturday afternoon post gym...I am trading in Sunday swim (an hour of laps) for event lifts. I forgot to ask the organiser what the event lifts are...am working out which programme to follow today, hence lots of chatting and stuff on MFP (laptop with me today, usually leave it at home, but phone not great for long internet stints)...also trying not to overthink my calorie allowance, but know I need way more now cos of the total exhaustion after gym now...eep!

I am really excited, have that butterfly feeling (I get that first day of autumn anyway)...
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    nexangelus wrote: »
    I love autumn too, it is all the colours of the leaves, the slightly damp, dank undergrowth scent and the smoky tang in the air...oh and wild mushrooms!

Weekend plans are two days of lifting. Strongman training at the moment. Lunch with the strong ladies Saturday afternoon post gym...I am trading in Sunday swim (an hour of laps) for event lifts. I forgot to ask the organiser what the event lifts are...am working out which programme to follow today, hence lots of chatting and stuff on MFP (laptop with me today, usually leave it at home, but phone not great for long internet stints)...also trying not to overthink my calorie allowance, but know I need way more now cos of the total exhaustion after gym now...eep!

I am really excited, have that butterfly feeling (I get that first day of autumn anyway)...

What are you doing weight wise at the moment bulking/cutting or maintaining?

Sounds like a really packed weekend. I am looking forward to the cooler weather as might get out running more, I know it sounds unusual because nearly everyone goes into hibernation - cosy nights in, in front of the tv but I am far more active in the Autumn/Winter than I am in Summer.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    I was on a cut for four weeks (it was supposed to run 8 weeks), but the last two I have been really, really hungry. Have not been this hungry since my bulk and muscle building phase last year. I was on 1800, which admittedly is a steep cut for me...am going to take it up to 2000 next week (have filled in some of those gaps this week although not logged) and then back to 2250 for less of a deficit. If still hungry and sore, will just bump back up to maintenance.

I am the same, I love getting out in the evening and walking or training this time of year. I find it easier in the cooler weather (and I look forward to it a lot more). I was born in winter (African winter), so I put it down to that.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    nexangelus wrote: »
    I was on a cut for four weeks (it was supposed to run 8 weeks), but the last two I have been really, really hungry. Have not been this hungry since my bulk and muscle building phase last year. I was on 1800, which admittedly is a steep cut for me...am going to take it up to 2000 next week (have filled in some of those gaps this week although not logged) and then back to 2250 for less of a deficit. If still hungry and sore, will just bump back up to maintenance.

I am the same, I love getting out in the evening and walking or training this time of year. I find it easier in the cooler weather (and I look forward to it a lot more). I was born in winter (African winter), so I put it down to that.

I was born in July so not sure what my excuse is :D:D
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    Happy Friday eve folks! I'm looking forward to the weekend, I've a day's holiday in for Monday and going away for last camping trip of the year down to West Cork. Can feel the weather changing already to Autumn which is my favourite season of the year. What are your plans for the weekend?

Weekend plans are based around the fact that gf is coming home Sunday!! woohoo! so Saturday will be cleaning the house (it isn't really bad, but always nice to come home to a spotless place and all fave foods -so that is being done). Party Sat eve for a mate's 30th - vodka and buffet food.
    Sunday is final clean, bake cupcakes, make salted chilli chicken and go to the airport. Then carvery for lunch and chill through to Monday eve with her :)

@nexangelus - good luck at events - sounds awesome!!

Autumn is the best!!
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited August 2018
    Options

Weekend plans are based around the fact that gf is coming home Sunday!! woohoo! so Saturday will be cleaning the house (it isn't really bad, but always nice to come home to a spotless place and all fave foods -so that is being done). Party Sat eve for a mate's 30th - vodka and buffet food.
    Sunday is final clean, bake cupcakes, make salted chilli chicken and go to the airport. Then carvery for lunch and chill through to Monday eve with her :)

@nexangelus - good luck at events - sounds awesome!!

Autumn is the best!!

mmmmm cupcakes and salted chilli chicken sounds really yum! I am attempting Beerimisu (Tirimisu made with Milk Stout instead of Marsala Wine) this weekend, started dating a guy, he had it in Italy so thought I would try my hand at it. Made it earlier this week but had a little too much cream, so going to add more Marscapone and less cream.

Was the missus on hols or away for work @beerfoamy
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 - Beerimisu sounds amazing!! (Tiramasu is bleh and coffee nastiness)
    and ooh dating! how goes it? yunno - if you wanna say.....

she was a combo of both - 4 weeks in Zambia volunteering as a physio at Lusaka hospital, then weekends travelling round on safari and visited Victoria Falls and just had a blast.