General Chat

Options

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    @tinkerbellang83 - Beerimisu sounds amazing!! (Tiramasu is bleh and coffee nastiness)
    and ooh dating! how goes it? yunno - if you wanna say.....

she was a combo of both - 4 weeks in Zambia volunteering as a physio at Lusaka hospital, then weekends travelling round on safari and visited Victoria Falls and just had a blast.

Early days yet, only about 4 weeks in but it's going well so far. He's a nice guy with a dark sense of humour, right up my street :smile:

So jealous, that sounds pretty amazing, bet she will be happy to have a couple of chilled weekends with you now though.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Oooh Beerimisu, that sounds really amazing (as does the dating) @tinkerbellang83 ...blimey @beerfoamy, my part of the world: Vic Falls is beautiful! I was born the other side of the bridge/river though...
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 - yep, we have Sunday Monday to chill, then I am back at work, she gets to chill til Fri - then we are off to Paris haha. Lots of travel for her this year
    and yay! dark sense of humour is the best :D

@nexangelus - she loved it so much. She went across to Botswana as well for a camping safari and over the bridge to Zimbabwe (?) and sat in the Angels armchair :D
  • TheRedQueen1981
    TheRedQueen1981 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I’m still working hard but I’m struggling to lose weight. I’m not sure if I’m building muscle again or not but this happens to me quite regularly. It’s annoying but I’m still motivated, despite feeling very sluggish.

If you're in a deficit it's pretty unlikely it's muscle (sorry) the amount of muscle a woman can build without going to pretty exceptional effort to gain muscle (eating in a surplus, progressive lifting program, high protein diet) is quite minimal and wouldn't normally mask any fat lost through eating at a deficit.

If your weight is at a standstill, focus on your logging, 9/10 people who can't lose the weight are eating more than they think, burning less than they think through exercise or a combination of the two.

j9p4cv36llbm.jpg

I’m certain that I’m not eating too much as most days I’m under 1200 and I don’t eat back my work out calories. The reason I don’t eat them back is because, it’s possible the calories I’m burning (as recorded on my Apple Watch) are not accurate and I don’t want to unknowingly eat too much, so I know I’m not eating too much. I’m also working out very often. It likely isn’t muscle but I feel like my progress is too slow but that’s not to say it’s non existent as some weeks are a lot better than others. It’s just something I’m getting used to. Maybe I’m just not quick to lose weight. I’m just happy it’s going down and that’s the most important thing.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Hey there! I’m still working hard but I’m struggling to lose weight. I’m not sure if I’m building muscle again or not but this happens to me quite regularly. It’s annoying but I’m still motivated, despite feeling very sluggish.

If you're in a deficit it's pretty unlikely it's muscle (sorry) the amount of muscle a woman can build without going to pretty exceptional effort to gain muscle (eating in a surplus, progressive lifting program, high protein diet) is quite minimal and wouldn't normally mask any fat lost through eating at a deficit.

If your weight is at a standstill, focus on your logging, 9/10 people who can't lose the weight are eating more than they think, burning less than they think through exercise or a combination of the two.

I’m certain that I’m not eating too much as most days I’m under 1200 and I don’t eat back my work out calories. The reason I don’t eat them back is because, it’s possible the calories I’m burning (as recorded on my Apple Watch) are not accurate and I don’t want to unknowingly eat too much, so I know I’m not eating too much. I’m also working out very often. It likely isn’t muscle but I feel like my progress is too slow but that’s not to say it’s non existent as some weeks are a lot better than others. It’s just something I’m getting used to. Maybe I’m just not quick to lose weight. I’m just happy it’s going down and that’s the most important thing.

Weight loss is rarely linear, better to lose slow and keep it off than lose it fast and rebound! :smile:
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    cqixq7vhy2tc.png

• beerfoamy
    Options
    hahah lucky you I get to sit here for another 4 hours like

it9wav3kfy1e.jpg
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    hahah lucky you I get to sit here for another 4 hours like

it9wav3kfy1e.jpg

Same here, but that's what I will look like at 4pm :lol:
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    aha gotcha! :)
    we finish at 4 on Fridays, which is an hour earlier than the rest of the week. So why does Fri afternoon seem sooooooooo slooooooooooowwwwwww :( lame

• tinkerbellang83
    Options
    aha gotcha! :)
    we finish at 4 on Fridays, which is an hour earlier than the rest of the week. So why does Fri afternoon seem sooooooooo slooooooooooowwwwwww :( lame

Same here once lunch hits on a Friday the rest of the day goes at half-speed.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    she loved it so much. She went across to Botswana as well for a camping safari and over the bridge to Zimbabwe (?) and sat in the Angels armchair :D

Yep, Zim(babwe) is my home country...

Was stoked on Friday for the strongman shizz this weekend, even more stoked having made new friends and planned more training sessions with the strong ladies. It was so much fun, even though I have not felt this exhausted in a long time, we shifted some heavy *kitten* metal and lots of PBs all round. I was the only one there from Bristol, everyone travelled (Surrey, Wales, Gloucester, Stroud) to train, which made me even more enthused, cos I have been invited to train in Exeter and Wales...we even almost had two more lookers-on join us, two ladies were interested in what we were doing in the dark corner at the back of the gym, ha!

Anyway, enough of my rambling, hope everyone is having a super weekend!

• beerfoamy
    Options
    @nexangelus - sounds amazing!! :D:D
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Sounds like ye had a load of fun @nexangelus bet you were ravenous after all that!

@beerfoamy how was the gf's homecoming?
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 - hehe it was ace. We had our carvery then home and unpacked a lot, put washing on then watched Orange is the New Black.
    She then slept for 12 hours and we did more watching TV on Monday, along with rest of the sorting.
    I cooked a roast dinner for us last night, now back to 'normal' for few days. I.E visiting people and having people over for pizzas and Chineses to see pics and catch up haha busy busy.

Very good to have her back!
  • TheRedQueen1981
    Options
    I lost 3lbs this week—I knew it would happen eventually lol.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

Patience is a wonderful gift giver. That's awesome @TheRedQueen1981
  • beerfoamy
    Options

woohoo!! awesome loss! :D
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Monday, Monday - it's here again.

I could really have done with an extra day off work today after the weekend, however I have waay too much to do to have a holiday day in this week.

Race went well (could have been better but we didn't do too badly considering we had about 4 inches of water in the boat where it was leaking in). I have serious DOMs in my forearms, back and shoulders, back has eased off a bit since yesterday but still achey. It was the first time I'd done Stroke position (setting the pace) in a race, which I did for about 45 minutes, it was tough but glad I did it.

xros5lbpq1dh.png

• TheRedQueen1981
    Options
    Well done! That sounds as though it was very hard going but also a real adrenaline rush.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Well done! That sounds as though it was very hard going but also a real adrenaline rush.

Thanks it was! I don't know how I managed to do it on 3 hours sleep :smile: Did you get up to much at the weekend @TheRedQueen1981