General Chat

Options

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    oh yeah!
    mate is coming down from Sheffield - we are going to eat cake and drink beer!

(and before that I have my 10 mile long run! eek!)

Deadpool will be ace! (hopefully lol)

If the trailers are anything to go by it should be pretty good!
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    how was Deadpool? :) and weekend in general?

Happy monday morning everyone!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Deadpool was great, plenty of inappropriateness. Had a good rowing session yesterday, aching now, it made me eat all the food though.

How was cake and beer?
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    excellent! am looking forward to Fri already
    yeah cardio is definitely hunger inducing!!

cake was awesome and beer was fab.
    I had cookie dough cheesecake and my mates had a limoncello and marscapone scone and a cheese and chive scone that came with pickle.
    Really lovely days haha
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Yeah I can't wait for the weekend, I am camping Friday night, hiking Saturday during the day then going to the Pro 14 final.

Our work have finally opened our on-site gym, so I am going to go and check that out tonight. Might encourage me to get more strength training in.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    your work does just get better and better!!

Pro14 is....Rugby? very cool weekend by the sounds!

mine will consist of seeing Deadpool, 12 mile run and watching anime - and eating pizza
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    your work does just get better and better!!

Pro14 is....Rugby? very cool weekend by the sounds!

mine will consist of seeing Deadpool, 12 mile run and watching anime - and eating pizza

Yeah it's Irish, Scottish, Welsh and South African unuon teams, my team missed out on the final by 1 point but had tickets so off I go to watch Leinster v Scarlets.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Happy Tuesday folks!
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    happy Tuesday!!
    how goes your week?

I had brace adjustment today and am suffering lol - dry mouth plus new wires = ripped lips and sore teeth. Lame!
    But - fish and chips tonight with my step dad at his allotment. That'll be fun! :D
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited May 2018
    Options
    happy Tuesday!!
    how goes your week?

I had brace adjustment today and am suffering lol - dry mouth plus new wires = ripped lips and sore teeth. Lame!
    But - fish and chips tonight with my step dad at his allotment. That'll be fun! :D

Week is going well, had a lot of sunshine, laid out on a picnic blanket yesterday with my Kindle and a can of light bulmers, I totally didn't log everything I had yesterday because I kind of mindlessly snacked yesterday, realised though that shark week is due around Friday so need to be more aware of this, I had a good handle on managing my cravings up until the last 2 months because I would make an effort to increase carbs and calories slightly in the run up so I didn't go craving crazy, however, the last 2 months have flown by and forward planning as totally passed me by!

I have signed up for a DietBet transformer, put my money where my mouth is, literally, I weighed yesterday evening (you have to submit a photo of your weight), which kind of helps with the initial 3% goal for round one because I was about 5lb heavier than my morning weigh in, that puts me at 22.5lb loss in 6 months to win my bet, which is totally do-able. The final day of each round falls just before my PMT craziness so that too should help, as it's usually the lowest weight of each month.

Hope the gums are feeling better.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    happy Tuesday!!
    how goes your week?

Week is going well, had a lot of sunshine, laid out on a picnic blanket yesterday with my Kindle and a can of light bulmers, I totally didn't log everything I had yesterday because I kind of mindlessly snacked yesterday, realised though that shark week is due around Friday so need to be more aware of this, I had a good handle on managing my cravings up until the last 2 months because I would make an effort to increase carbs and calories slightly in the run up so I didn't go craving crazy, however, the last 2 months have flown by and forward planning as totally passed me by!

I have signed up for a DietBet transformer, put my money where my mouth is, literally, I weighed yesterday evening (you have to submit a photo of your weight), which kind of helps with the initial 3% goal for round one because I was about 5lb heavier than my morning weigh in, that puts me at 22.5lb loss in 6 months to win my bet, which is totally do-able. The final day of each round falls just before my PMT craziness so that too should help, as it's usually the lowest weight of each month.

Hope the gums are feeling better.

That sounds awesome! Do love my kindle in the sun hehe.

The bet sounds interesting, how much could you win? - as does the shark week management. So far I have got as far as recognising cravings happen around 4-5 days beforehand so I don't beat myself up if I go over. Next step is to plan more stuff to not let the cravings come in! Or actually, have decided to go for trying the pill to stop all the sharky stuff so that may impact cravings too - ooh I see another spreadsheet tracker happening heheh

still got quite a bad ulcer inside lower gum. Got bonjela on the go and copious amounts of lip balm. If it isn't better next Tues I will go and get some wax from dentist to cover the offending bracket for a bit.

BUT

It is FRIDAY!! woohoo! hoping the rain holds off tomorrow cos I really want to do this 12 mile run in semi dry at least. Then another anime and pizza weekend :D

What are you up to this weekend? race prep? tis getting close!

• tinkerbellang83
    Options

It is FRIDAY!! woohoo! hoping the rain holds off tomorrow cos I really want to do this 12 mile run in semi dry at least. Then another anime and pizza weekend :D

What are you up to this weekend? race prep? tis getting close!

Zero race prep - oops :lol:

I am camping in Wicklow tonight, hiking the Maulin loop in the morning, then heading to hotel in Dun Laoghaire before heading out for the Pro 14 final at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin then possibly more hiking on the way home on Sunday. Busy, busy, busy.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    ahh sorry yes you said that earlier this week! I have completely lost days!
    I would definitely class all the walking as race prep! Keeping active and muscles working!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Certainly worked those muscles, took off-trail steep path up to one of the summits, rather than the longer more gradual path. Worth it for the view on the way up though.

• tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Happy hump day folks, it's a bank holiday in Ireland this weekend and in true fashion the week before it is bloody dragging. Roll on Friday!
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    hah dragging from other side here in Midlands. Bank holiday just gone and this 4 day week feels like it is 8 days long already!
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Fake Monday here, have had an extremely busy and active weekend, not much food logging going on though, trending has me at maintenance over the last week, knuckling back down now the race is done, going to keep up the rowing twice per week and think there is another race in September, so might give that a whirl if there is room in a team for me.

Went out for a little jog yesterday morning too so also going to try and fit 2 jogs in a week and do my weight training at work.

Nice pic of our team in the local paper too.
    6i2dizpt1wwf.jpg
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    That's amazing!!
    Brand new hobby as well as epic achievement! :D
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Happy Hump Day peeps!
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    When did that 'hump day' thing start? It's like all of a sudden it was a 'thing'??

so very slow to catch on!