General Chat

Options

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    Romania , sounds interesting - isn't that Dracula country? supposed to be really nice

I am off to Fuerteventura, which it says is a balmy 23C ( yay ) so great news, really looking forward to it, I struggle with the dark gloom of winter and going for too long without a break, I think this has got worse as I have got older, as has the ability to cope with stress (it does catch up on you) - the slight fly in the ointment with the hols is that I am flying on the 30 March so a week Saturday (16 hours after Brexit happens (well perhaps),.....what could possibly go wrong here) - (can't get the emoji face thing to work but insert smiley face with shades...)

W

The good news is flights by UK/EU carriers already have reciprocal agreements, worst scenario they charge you a couple of quid for a visa if the UK decides to impose that on the EU. You'll be grand.

The boyfriend is from Transylvania yes which is truly Dracula country.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Good Morning all. Happy Monday and woohoo it's finally spring here in Ireland, even the cloudy days are a tolerable temperature.

How was your weekend?

I tackled my first weekend of my month of no logging. Scale is up a little this morning but I have had a couple of cocktails/beers, eaten out twice and done a 20km row. So expected a little bit of a rise.

I'm implementing a couple of food related goals for the month:
    • Eat more fruit and veg
    • Factor a little more fat into diet for satiety
    • Cut down on snacking, particularly at home
    • Stop buying trigger foods.

So far today, I'm doing well with the first two, had half a banana on my weetabix, have strawberries and an apple for morning snacking. For lunch I have a Tuna & Mozarella salad with a bunch of spinach and tomatoes, I mixed a small onion and half a cucumber finely chopped into the tuna and used Full fat mayo rather than the light stuff I normally get. So between that and the mozzarella that tackles the fat thing too.

Do you have any goals for April?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Morning Ang :smile: , Good goals and todays menu sounds really good and filling.

Today I had poached eggs for breakfast, having an egg/mayo and chive in a bagel for lunch and tonights tea is bolognese :smile:
    I agree, mayo has to be full fat, for flavour but I will use it sparingly. Fat definately helps satiate.

Have a great week.
    Ruth x
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Morning Ang :smile: , Good goals and todays menu sounds really good and filling.

Today I had poached eggs for breakfast, having an egg/mayo and chive in a bagel for lunch and tonights tea is bolognese :smile:
    I agree, mayo has to be full fat, for flavour but I will use it sparingly. Fat definately helps satiate.

Have a great week.
    Ruth x

I meant to have poached eggs yesterday but hit snooze on the alarm as preferred the extra half hour in bed. Getting up at 6am on a Sunday should be outlawed :lol:

I :heart: bagels but sadly one of my trigger foods, I'll eat the whole pack without so much as a blink of an eye. So I try to only eat them when I am out and about rather than at home.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    It should be outlawed! LOL I had bother getting up at 9.45 yesterday :blush: I miss that hour!

I get it about trigger foods and its probably best to just not have them :/
  • TheRedQueen1981
    TheRedQueen1981 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I’m half way through my month of keto. Not enjoying it tbh but I gave myself the challenge so I’m sticking with it until the end so that’s my current goal. :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Hi all. I’m half way through my month of keto. Not enjoying it tbh but I gave myself the challenge so I’m sticking with it until the end so that’s my current goal. :)

Fair play to you, glad to see not everyone who tries it becomes a Ketovangelist.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options

Fair play to you, glad to see not everyone who tries it becomes a Ketovangelist.

LOL Ketovanelist I love that term :smiley:

@TheRedQueen1981 good for you for sticking it out! :smiley:
  • TheRedQueen1981
    Options
    Haha, I know what you mean about the ketovengalists!

I find it too restrictive to keep it up long term — gimme bread, damnit! lol. I think CICO is best for me.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    yep CICO every time for me but I suppose its all about finding what suits us best and that is whatever we can stick to consistently.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

LOL Ketovanelist I love that term :smiley:

@TheRedQueen1981 good for you for sticking it out! :smiley:

Honestly some of the claims people make about it are ridiculous, I've no problem with people saying they have found a way of eating that works for them, but I am sure you have seen some of the absurd medical claims on the forums and some people just don't want to believe that it's not the only way to lose weight.
  • amskinner87
    amskinner87 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I had a lovely ploughmans lunch at a pub today. Took my mum down to Crook Peak in the Mendips for her Mother's Day treat. It got very hot walking up there and the views were magnificent.

I've not tried Keto and I really don't see the need. Any diet that cuts a macro or calories below recommended levels without a medical need seems like a bad idea. When I was doing research to decide on how to diet the NHS website makes it clear that below 120g carbs per day isn't recommended for anyone. And while many people might decide to go below that, I see no benefit in it when CICO is working so well.
  • amskinner87
    Options
    Here's me up Crook Peak (my mum insisted on a photo 🙄)

ocdl57cf12yd.jpg
  • TheRedQueen1981
    Options
    Yes I think it’s all about the individual and how they respond to the way of eating. I don’t like keto because I feel too much like I’m dieting, an that was what I wanted to avoid from day 1. This is a lifestyle and I don’t want to feel restricted, I want to merely be sensible.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Here's me up Crook Peak (my mum insisted on a photo 🙄)

ocdl57cf12yd.jpg

looks lovely @amskinner87 !
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Yes I think it’s all about the individual and how they respond to the way of eating. I don’t like keto because I feel too much like I’m dieting, an that was what I wanted to avoid from day 1. This is a lifestyle and I don’t want to feel restricted, I want to merely be sensible.

Yep - this is me. I've tried it as well as other things with a good many 'rules'. All I accomplish is eating the 'allowed' food PLUS what I really wanted to start with. Less restriction is working for me!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    WOOOHOOOOO it's Friday!!!

What are your plans for the weekend folks?

Tonight I'm hosting Poker at my place with my other half so have some of our friends over for drinks, foods, poker, cards against humanity and maybe some exploding kittens/joking hazard.

Tomorrow I have a FREEEEEEE day for the first time in weeks, I am so excited for a proper lie in and to not have to do anything specific.

Sunday I have a 2.5 hour training row, it's going to be pretty boring as the tide times only really allow us to go up/down one stretch of the river, but needs must. Hopefully the weather forecast pans out, as it's currently low wind and sunny spells!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    yes thank goodness its Friday :-)

Sounds like you have a fun evening ahead....and a lovely day tomorrow too :smiley:

We're heading round for tea to my DIL's, I'm taking a lasagne I made yesterday for that. Tomorrow we're going to see about getting a summer house price, there's a local firm who do them - if we want it for this summer season we need to get a move on! Apart from that its looking like a relaxed weekend for me. Two weeks go to until Italy yeehaaa :smile:

Have a good one everyone.
    Ruth
  • amskinner87
    Options
    My husband and I have just agreed to try for children when I'm at a healthy BMI. Feeling so incentivised to lose weight right now...need to stay patient.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    My husband and I have just agreed to try for children when I'm at a healthy BMI. Feeling so incentivised to lose weight right now...need to stay patient.

it is a great incentive :smile: