General Chat

Options

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    When did that 'hump day' thing start? It's like all of a sudden it was a 'thing'??

so very slow to catch on!

Dunno I always said it cos it was on a lot of t-shirts when I worked in the desert cos of the camels. Probably cos there were about 30000 American's on camp.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    hah funny!!
  • Ardael
    Ardael Posts: 245 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I know I had never heard of it before joined MFP ! :sweat_smile:
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Good Morning Fit Fam how are we all doing this happy Monday? We had another beautiful weekend of sunshine here, it was pretty packed full of stuff for me.

Friday after work I helped to setup an exhibit for the harbour festival for the rowing club, so lots of walking and lifting.

Saturday I got up early for a run then went out to watch the Ireland rugby game in the morning and then was taking people out rowing (harbour festival again), on the way down I did the stroke position for the first time (setting the pace for the rest of the boat), it was quite tough but I think I did ok, muscles are aching today, was just about to head home when I got a call to say there was a free ticket for Tommy Tiernan going spare when I was just around the corner from the venue so ended up out for that with my lifejacket and rowing stuff in tow.

Sunday was out for brunch then went for a walk along the cliffs on the East coast of the county. Finally got a decent night's sleep as the weather cooled down a bit last night. It's been so warm and humid the last week, it's ridiculous.

What did ye all get up to?
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 - that sounds amazing!! brilliant use of allll the time! :D

I did my run Saturday morning (backs of knees weren't happy), went to see my dad on his allotment and had a burger with him for the afternoon. Got home and watched Once Upon a Time with the gf - season 6 and losing interest a bit now lol
    Sunday was spa day of awesome. Pilates class, swim/handstand practice in pool, massages, relaxation room for reading, then afternoon tea of cheese on toast, scone and the biggest slab of choc cake EVER.
    Got home, did a little blitz of adult stuff like hoovering, food prep and washing. Then more Once Upon a Time (I may be losing interest but I have to finish it!)

Lovely weather all weekend and still is nice now - but I am at work, boooooo
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 - that sounds amazing!! brilliant use of allll the time! :D

I did my run Saturday morning (backs of knees weren't happy), went to see my dad on his allotment and had a burger with him for the afternoon. Got home and watched Once Upon a Time with the gf - season 6 and losing interest a bit now lol
    Sunday was spa day of awesome. Pilates class, swim/handstand practice in pool, massages, relaxation room for reading, then afternoon tea of cheese on toast, scone and the biggest slab of choc cake EVER.
    Got home, did a little blitz of adult stuff like hoovering, food prep and washing. Then more Once Upon a Time (I may be losing interest but I have to finish it!)

Lovely weather all weekend and still is nice now - but I am at work, boooooo

That sounds like an amazing afternoon tea.

I haven't managed to move past the last season of Once Upon a Time that I watched, not sure which number it was, last time I watched it was beginning of last year. I go through phases of watching stuff lol
  • Ardael
    Options
    Friday I worked at a wedding in Roscommon.
    Saturday I went to work at a Family fun Day in Galway City with my kiddos and finished with a cycle race in the evening where I came third. It was my first ever Criterium ( cycle race on a small circuit with lots of corners ).
    We then drove through the night to Bray ( the other side of the country for the non Irish ^^ ), set up a start/finish line for a cycling event called the Wicklow 200 then worked as a compère all day till 8pm where we wrapped the whole thing again and drove back home.
    And Monday I got up and got the kids to school before getting a set up ready for a charity cycle for Self Help Africa.

Busy busy busy ^^
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Ardael wrote: »
    Friday I worked at a wedding in Roscommon.
    Saturday I went to work at a Family fun Day in Galway City with my kiddos and finished with a cycle race in the evening where I came third. It was my first ever Criterium ( cycle race on a small circuit with lots of corners ).
    We then drove through the night to Bray ( the other side of the country for the non Irish ^^ ), set up a start/finish line for a cycling event called the Wicklow 200 then worked as a compère all day till 8pm where we wrapped the whole thing again and drove back home.
    And Monday I got up and got the kids to school before getting a set up ready for a charity cycle for Self Help Africa.

Busy busy busy ^^

Jeez woman you're all over the land lol
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Asked this question on my profile too, but I will ask it here as well.

"Sometimes the smallest changes yield the biggest results - name one change you've made that has helped you stick to your calorie allowance?

One of mine is switching from using normal cooking oil to 1 cal spray when frying/roasting. I save hundreds of calories each week compared to my old way of eating and it hasn't really had much impact on taste or satiety."
  • Ardael
    Options
    Mine was portion size. I didn't realise how much I was actually eating in volume.
    I would cook dinner and serve the same plate to my super fit cyclist of a husband and sedentary me.

I still eat the same stuff, pizza, ice cream and all just less of it.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Ardael wrote: »
    Mine was portion size. I didn't realise how much I was actually eating in volume.
    I would cook dinner and serve the same plate to my super fit cyclist of a husband and sedentary me.

I still eat the same stuff, pizza, ice cream and all just less of it.

I have done the same with weighing cereal/pasta/rice etc, I was eating double/triple the portion size before. I can eyeball them pretty well now that I have gotten to grips with what a real portion looks like
  • Ardael
    Options
    I know right!
    I used to apply the rule when cooking of doing a portion per person plus one for the pot. I don't know where it comes from but my family has always done it and I remember it from early childhood with my Granny almost singing it while cooking with us. So we were always overeating.

Reading the labels changed everything. Like to me a normal bag of noodles was a serving. Turns out it serves two. Etc.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Been a bit quiet over the end of last week/weekend as I was busy packing and stuff ready for camping. Had a fabulous weekend, didn't log at all Friday or Saturday but did a lot of walking and didn't snack a whole lot.

Much more success with this tent than the last one
    8q4dhaqd3175.png

Had a drive around the Skellig ring on Saturday and out to Valentia Island, checked out an old abandoned hotel and you can see Skellig Michael where Star Wars was filmed in Episode 7 & 8
    8iqhakg09bkc.png
    maqvxsui6cl0.png

Then Sunday drove around the bottom half of the Ring of Kerry, pic below is from Caherdaniel overlooking one of my favourite Kerry beaches, Derrynane before I headed home to collapse in a heap.
    h6t2oj2ta1ja.png

• tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Morning folks, it's been quiet in here lately, must make an effort to keep the chat going, it keeps my eye on the ball when I do.

So I recalculated my calorie goal yesterday, I am getting to good at justifying extra eating, knowing that I am below maintenance, but then losing slowly as a result, most of the time it's boredom eating, not even hunger. So I've set myself to sedentary, disconnected my tracker and chosen 1lb per week, which is pretty much how I had it set up when I first started. So calorie goal is 1700 still but I am not tracking incidental steps, just my actual walks and other intentional exercise with reasonable calorie burns using MFP.

I am still keeping tabs on my tracker TDEE vs my MFP calorie intake in a spreadsheet, because I'm a data nerd. But think this gives me more wiggle room and I might actually get out of this gain a little, maintain a little, lose a little cycle I've been in for the last 6 months.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    Happy Monday!

You are not the only one who has let the ball get a bit out of sight. lol
    Am same with the justifying, think I was getting a bit bored of, 'all this diet stuff' recently. Especially after the run that I had been training for, possible come down.

Re-evaluated plan for next year or so and what I want to achieve now. Working more with weights and looking into archery and crosstraining. Spartan races have a lot to answer for (medals are so cool) and I would LOVE to be able to do the 5km one, but they are scary!!

Playing with the numbers is fun - whatever tricks your brain into not wanting the extra food for the win! :D
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Happy Monday!

You are not the only one who has let the ball get a bit out of sight. lol
    Am same with the justifying, think I was getting a bit bored of, 'all this diet stuff' recently. Especially after the run that I had been training for, possible come down.

Re-evaluated plan for next year or so and what I want to achieve now. Working more with weights and looking into archery and crosstraining. Spartan races have a lot to answer for (medals are so cool) and I would LOVE to be able to do the 5km one, but they are scary!!

Playing with the numbers is fun - whatever tricks your brain into not wanting the extra food for the win! :D

Just recovering from the birthday weekend justification :lol: and now it's almost festival time too.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    ain't life grand!! :D:D
  • NewTaxi
    NewTaxi Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    772i7s37lnj6.jpg

Found my High School Class Ring...Size 5.5...never dreamed I'd be able to wear it again!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Good Morning all, long time no speak, sorry I had a lot of busy weeks, routine is starting to stick again now (although it probably all go to pot next week when I am in London).

How is everyone getting on?
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    hey hey!
    what you up to in London?

All well here, back on track a lot more than I was in, say, Feb-June! haha