General Chat

Options

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,138 Member
    Options
    Today is going to throw me a little food wise with working from home and being busy this evening, not sure whether to have a heavier lunch and just a snack later or try and eat as normal aaargh,
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    maybe normal lunch and take extra as snacks for in case later. That way you have more to play with.
    If you have a heavier lunch and then still feel busy/bored/hungry (all the triggers lol) later, you won't have as much leeway to indulge it?

I'd probably try and eat as normal as possible, with reductions if anything. But then, I am a bugger for popping to shops on way home for quick stuff.

• tinkerbellang83
    Options
    qerm5pq9nnd2.jpg
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Having one of those days today, already, my phone didn't charge last night and turned itself off so my alarm didn't go off, luckily woke up in enough time to get ready for work and get a taxi in, but missed my walk into work :disappointed: so lunch time walk it is.

Today is one of my active rest days so I just aim to get my 10,000 steps in and don't do any workouts, which is just as well as yesterday was Leg day and also my first interval-free run on my latest attempt at C25K :lol:
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 - hope your day got better yesterday!

I am trying to get back on it today - spent yesterday watching Wentworth ill. Throat still hurts but went swimming.
    Have also joined a zombie survival challenge group which is awesome fun. Strength, agility and cardio challenges this week and the more you do, the more points you get for your team, so I am pushing it! haha
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Yeah it was ok in the end. Did my lunchtime walk and did a little shopping after work so got my steps in, shark week is here so went a bit OTT on chocolate last night but not lasting damage. The zombie challenge sounds fun, I was using the Zombie's run app for a bit when I was doing C25K, adds a bit more fun to the workout.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    ditto shark week - although my downfall was shortbread - which I actually forgot to log!! off I go to put that in!! .....phew still under though so that's good.

I was going to get the zombies run but my phone wouldn't play ball. :/

• tinkerbellang83
    Options
    There is also Walk to Mordor, maybe that will work?
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    ah yes, I saw that. Tempting but I think it would take too long for me to bother with :/ I don't actively try to get steps in etc and the thought of adding that into my training schedule is a bit daunting right now. But I do love LoTR haha
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    I was listening to a Myths & Legends podcast and yesterday it was the Norse Myths that inspired Tolkien to write The Hobbit & Lord of the Rings.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    it is very Norse mythy :D
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    I haven't watched the movies for a while, that might be my weekend relaxing thing this week.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    extended versions? :D sounds like an excellent weekend plan.
    I have anime to watch with my mate. Can't remember which ones he said we would get to, but need to finish Food Wars and Assassination Classroom which are amazing.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    extended versions? :D sounds like an excellent weekend plan.
    I have anime to watch with my mate. Can't remember which ones he said we would get to, but need to finish Food Wars and Assassination Classroom which are amazing.

Whatever I can find online likely, I got rid of all my DVDs before moving to Ireland, although might have them on my hard drive from when I was living in the desert.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    which desert?! awesome :D
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I was in Camp Bastion & Kandahar in Afghanistan for about 5-6 years and did a little time in Iraq/Northern Kuwait too
  • MegansMom2011
    MegansMom2011 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hello friends! I'm at work right now, (shh don't tell on me) and already starting to feel hungry... Got up early this morning though and did my dvd work out. My husband was also up and cooked me eggs and coffee. But that was already 4 hours ago... I have another 2 hours until lunch. My job is really awesome and provides lunch for us everyday, but it's buffet meals and it's free, so it's hard for me to have self control. Instead I've started bringing my lunch to work and only eating the salad from the buffet. It's hard to resist, but easier than me overeating from the buffet. Does anyone else have problems with the free buffets? How do you consume responsibly? Lol!
  • MegansMom2011
    MegansMom2011 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    which desert?! awesome :D

Yea, which desert?
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    that army bases? :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Yes indeedy, I was on them working for the company that provides the coffee shops and convenience shops on camp for the Brits. Also did a stint working for another defence contractor but that was short-lived.