General Chat

Options

Replies

• beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    well there is always that!! haha maybe not at work though.
    my mate swears by rum as well. :)

lunchtime run!? how do you have enough time to do that and get de-sweaty for afternoon work?
    I did run/walk this morning - 5km, 42 mins, wasn't pushing but last 2 minutes I got the treadmill up to 10.5km/hr which was fun.
    Need to get my mileage up for Zombie challenge (I have met the goal of 7 miles already this week - but any extra ups team percentage so am not stopping!!)
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    well there is always that!! haha maybe not at work though.
    my mate swears by rum as well. :)

lunchtime run!? how do you have enough time to do that and get de-sweaty for afternoon work?
    I did run/walk this morning - 5km, 42 mins, wasn't pushing but last 2 minutes I got the treadmill up to 10.5km/hr which was fun.
    Need to get my mileage up for Zombie challenge (I have met the goal of 7 miles already this week - but any extra ups team percentage so am not stopping!!)

Our office is on the marina in the city, so the perfect flat route is outside my door and we have a decent shower block. 30 min run, 10 min shower & change, 20 min lunch BOOM! I am only doing C25K so not quite up to 5km yet, I am around 3km in 25 mins at the moment, including 5 mins of warm up walking.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    ahhhh that makes sense
    I only get 30mins lunch - I have a flat route, shower etc, just time issue. I could eat lunch at my desk afterwards whilst working but yeah - an hour is awesome for that!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Nothing else around here to do anything for an hour, I usually end up watching Netflix or just working through lol
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    I read - I have half an hour sometimes before work and half an hour for lunch. Need that reading time!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    I read - I have half an hour sometimes before work and half an hour for lunch. Need that reading time!

I get distracted too easily from reading, although I guess I could just put my earphones in.
  • beerfoamy
    Options

I get distracted too easily from reading, although I guess I could just put my earphones in.

sometimes I have to go sit in the car or at the gym cafe down the road. Depends how manic work is and how stressed my boss is! haha
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

sometimes I have to go sit in the car or at the gym cafe down the road. Depends how manic work is and how stressed my boss is! haha

aaargh, our Director often comes skulking around the corridors looking for people during lunch too.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    tis annoying - but my mum trained me well. I have no issues saying 'no, lunch', or 'no, I finish at 5'
    the benefits of being a lowly minion
  • MegansMom2011
    MegansMom2011 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I love the fact that my boss doesn't work with me at my site. I hear from her through email or phone calls only. But those are so few and far between that I get to work pretty independently. I have two other staff that I work with daily. But our shifts end at 2:30! It's glorious!
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    that is amazing!! wish I finished at 2:30!!
    4pm today so can't really complain lol
  • MegansMom2011
    MegansMom2011 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I work from 7:30-2:30. Gives me time to work out right after work and then pick up my kids, go home, have dinner and whatnot.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    knew there'd be a catch!! could not work out after work! lol not regularly anyway
    I like being in the gym around half 7 :D
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Early finish Friday for me today too, 4:30 instead of 5:30 woohoo.

What is this 7am you both speak of? I don't get up til 8 lol
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    Early finish Friday for me today too, 4:30 instead of 5:30 woohoo.

What is this 7am you both speak of? I don't get up til 8 lol

well, you see, the fabled 7am can be glimpsed on occasion. I find that if I am very stealthy I get up at 6:10 I can catch 7am lol
    tis usually start time for my gym/swim stuff :p
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Occasionally I hear about this 5am thing too, but I keep telling people there is only one 5 o'clock in the day.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    5am is a myth!! told to scare people!!
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!!

Reason 1 for being ridiculously chipper: Zombie challenge week 2 and have nearly sorted one of the challenges! haha love it, it has really given me the spur I needed after Christmas and New Year.

Reason 2: Put my new work trousers on (size 14 UK) and was happy with how they looked and felt - bit of muffin top, but my shirt covers it :D
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Reason 2: Put my new work trousers on (size 14 UK) and was happy with how they looked and felt - bit of muffin top, but my shirt covers it :D

Great NSV! Happy Monday! How was everyone's weekend?
  • beerfoamy
    Options

Great NSV! Happy Monday! How was everyone's weekend?

Good, did fair amount of exercise, enjoyed Pilates for first time in a while and didn't eat badly. First weekend in a while I haven't been over. Otherwise, tv and chilling :)

How about you?