General Chat

Options

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I had a good one, didn't get all of the stuff I had planned done (the layer of dust is still on top of the footspa) but did get out and do my walks, despite the stormy weather and do a good bit of de-cluttering, also watched Fellowship & Two Towers.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
    Return of the King on evenings this week? Or at weekend? (I don't think I could split the film that much) :D
    I wish I could get round to the decluttering - issue being it is not my clutter!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    Awesome!
    Return of the King on evenings this week? Or at weekend? (I don't think I could split the film that much) :D
    I wish I could get round to the decluttering - issue being it is not my clutter!

Probably leave it til the weekend otherwise it will mess with my 90 min limit on weeknight TV time lol.

My clutter really isn't clutter by most people's standards, I am too OCD for actual clutter, god help any man who does end up living with me ha!

• beerfoamy
    Options
    Hehe that is a good goal! evenings are my tv time!
    hmmm...thinking though, if we said 90 mins tv time, we could possibly get a handle on a lot of stuff. gonna suggest it!

For when/if it does happen.....give them their own room! it does wonders if you don't have to see all their stuff everywhere and if it does encroach everywhere it is easy to take to one dumping ground! :D
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Hehe that is a good goal! evenings are my tv time!
    hmmm...thinking though, if we said 90 mins tv time, we could possibly get a handle on a lot of stuff. gonna suggest it!

For when/if it does happen.....give them their own room! it does wonders if you don't have to see all their stuff everywhere and if it does encroach everywhere it is easy to take to one dumping ground! :D

I have lived with people in the past but the last one was military so he was similarly OCD so it wasn't a drama, I would still end up going in and cleaning/organising it if I lived with a messy person.

My current flatmate is awesome.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Tired today. Sleeping better now taking 5g creatine a day. Weird. But upper body workout wore me out yesterday. I am pushing real hard to gain some muscle. A water weight apike of almost 2lbs as consequence.

Way to go on the size 14 bottoms beerfoamy! I am still fitting in them on my bulk just about...

Stupid rain and dark bit dreary start to week but heyho this is the UK after all.

Not much extra cardio being done yet, too knackered to fit it in comfortably yet. Will help with deficit end of Jan though...
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited January 2018
    Options
    nexangelus wrote: »
    Hey all! Tired today. Sleeping better now taking 5g creatine a day. Weird. But upper body workout wore me out yesterday. I am pushing real hard to gain some muscle. A water weight apike of almost 2lbs as consequence.

How long does your bulk cycle last (was just wondering as I was filling in the 2018 charts/tables earlier for the weigh ins)?

It is hard to find a balance between cardio and strength training, I always find I ebb towards either one or the other.
  • beerfoamy
    Options

Way to go on the size 14 bottoms beerfoamy! I am still fitting in them on my bulk just about...

Stupid rain and dark bit dreary start to week but heyho this is the UK after all.

Not much extra cardio being done yet, too knackered to fit it in comfortably yet. Will help with deficit end of Jan though...

heh thanks and yay for sleeping better!

and yep, is totally dreary here! it is going to chuck it down any minute!

I agree with tinkerbell, it is either cardio or weights for me. Oddly I struggle to maintain both aspects alongside each other!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    It's kind of bright here across the Irish Sea, we had a bit of a miserable start but hopefully the rain will stay away for my lunch run.
  • nexangelus
    Options
    How long does your bulk cycle last (was just wondering as I was filling in the 2018 charts/tables earlier for the weigh ins)?

It ends Jan 31 which is a Weds, I think. Man my abs are hurting...I just did upper body yesterday but somehow I activated them tummy muscles.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    ouch! I feel your pain @nexangelus - ab DOMs are the worst - coughing, sneezing, laughing....all to be avoided! :)

@tinkerbellang83 - fingers crossed for you! I am hoping it stays dry for a little walk at lunch.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    I've got some weird and wonderful bicep DOMs going on, but can't for the life of me think why, because I haven't done upper body since last Thursday. I don't recall doing anything else that would cause it.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    did the decluttering involve boxes being moved or large items being shifted for cleaning?
  • nexangelus
    Options
    Pumping arms whilst running or walking tink? That "might" do it...
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    did the decluttering involve boxes being moved or large items being shifted for cleaning?

Nah I just sorted through my makeup shelf and one of my clothes drawers. So there wasn't really any major lifting.
    Pumping arms whilst running or walking tink? That "might" do it...

Maybe but don't normally get any aches from running or walking, and haven't really walked/ran any more than usual.

I am hoping it's not a warning sign of impending cold/flu that's going around.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    fingers crossed!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    I've figured it out - it's from driving, haven't driven the work car for ages and it's an older car, so steering can be a bit heavy, was driving a lot of winding roads on Saturday on the way back from Kerry.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    :D excellent - mystery solved!

good run?
    started raining here, and now sun is out! bah
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

good run?

Yeah it was ok, the rain stayed off until the last 5 mins and wasn't too heavy just got blasted in the face with the wind a bit on the way back
  • beerfoamy
    Options

good run?

Yeah it was ok, the rain stayed off until the last 5 mins and wasn't too heavy just got blasted in the face with the wind a bit on the way back

nice - wake you up for the afternoon? :p