General Chat

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    do like Thursdays! and in 33 minutes I get pizza! woohoo!

oooh what kind are you having?

tesco made at counter, 14" double chicken, double pepperoni thin base with tomato sauce. :) had 1/3 last night, 1/3 for lunch, and last 1/3 for tea tonight. Love it. Super easy meals :D

This weekend:

Fri: after work go home and chill, maybe go for a walk with gf. Got M&S Dine in for 2 for £10 so that is that sorted

Sat: have other half of lasagne for brekkie after maybe doing a combat dvd or going to gym for SL 5x5 day
    go see step dad
    chill with gf
    mate is round at bout 6 for anime weekend - have saved some beers from xmas and if I do the combat dvd I can have all 3 hahah

Sun: anime til around 8pm, then food prep for week. Easy this week as am making big batch of bean burrito mix which should easily do me until Thurs when the next meat order arrives :)

Pizza sounds delish and far better than my Pepperoni Passion which they forgot to put the pepperoni on.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    say what??!?!? was that your Dominos?
    shocking!
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited January 2018
    say what??!?!? was that your Dominos?
    shocking!

Yeah I ordered a Pepperoni Passion - no sauce (don't like tomato sauce on pizza) with extra goats cheese and olive toppings.

I basically got Cheese on Toast with Olives :disappointed:

Should have just gotten myself a Garlic Bread Pizza out of Aldi and thrown some olives and pepperoni on it.

Dude also tried to deliver to the wrong address. If ever there was a sign... :lol:
  • beerfoamy
    tch! yep definitely aldi next time!
  • tinkerbellang83
    I am glad we don't have Asda over here, used to love the counter made Garlic base ones, with loads of extra cheese and garlic and chilli oil drizzled on it. I'd say that'd equate to about half a week's calories lol
  • beerfoamy
    Yeah Tesco have the same - garlic base - I thought it was garlicy tomato sauce - nope - it is swathes and swathes of garlic butter - was actually a bit too greasy :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    Yeah Tesco have the same - garlic base - I thought it was garlicy tomato sauce - nope - it is swathes and swathes of garlic butter - was actually a bit too greasy :)

Yeah it's a calorie bomb alright.

Healthy-ish dinner for me tonight, I've been putting off making Salmon Fishcakes all week out of laziness, but I have the car from work this evening so will get home much earlier and just need to grab some OJ from the shops and do my weights session, so I WILL have them tonight I will, I will!
  • beerfoamy
    go for it!!
    oddly I am making fishcakes saturday morning in prep for saturday lunch. Delayed from Monday when I couldn't be bothered haha

Fishcake challenge!! :D
  • tinkerbellang83
    go for it!!
    oddly I am making fishcakes saturday morning in prep for saturday lunch. Delayed from Monday when I couldn't be bothered haha

Fishcake challenge!! :D

It shouldn't be so hard :lol: I was meant to make them Sunday, then Monday, then Tuesday, then Wednesday so I really can't put it off again. I really like them and they are dead easy to make so I don't know why I am making it so difficult lol
  • beerfoamy
    I start thinking, for mine I have to:
    cook the fish
    cook the sweet potato (after peeling and cutting obvs)
    cook the garlic
    cut and cook the chorizo
    mash the sweet potato
    finely chop the garlic
    mash it all together
    make the cakes
    coat in flour

leave for 1-2 hours in fridge
    fry for 5 mins odd each side

even typing it out makes me not wanna bother! lol

when in reality I know that all of that will take less than half an hour!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Mine isn't even that hard:
    • 2 Small tins or 1 big tin of Red Salmon, bones and all
    • 100g Breadcrumbs & a some chopped spring onions (already all prepped in the freezer)
    • An egg
    • 2 tablespoons of light mayo
    • 1 teaspoon of mustard

Salmon goes into the food processor get's blitzed till it's not far off a paste, everything else goes in, get's blended and then I take it out and mould it into cakes by hand. Takes 5 mins.

Into the fridge for half an hour and then it's good to go.
  • beerfoamy
    nice!

I saw cod and chorizo fishcakes in a cafe last weekend and thought, 'hmm gf loves cod and chorizo - I see brownie point potential' :D

that sounds awesome! never thought of fish and mustard! yum!
  • tinkerbellang83
    I've become borderline addicted to Mustard, and for the flavour it packs, it's pretty low cal.
  • amc2509
    amc2509 Posts: 220 Member
    You gotta try the Aldi Thai style prawn fish cakes!! Only around 250 kCal, delish and filling!! I cook all week so often have these on Friday night cos the kids love them too! No matter how I try I can never make decent fish cakes! And I would consider myself a good cook!

As for weekend plans... I am jealous of you guys cos I'm currently trying to figure out how I can get 3 kids to 3 different locations for football on Saturday morning when all matches overlap!! Nothing exciting for me... but talk of the footspa makes me think I might take mine down from the attic when I put my Christmas tree back up!! Oh, and I can also see wine in my weekend
  • beerfoamy
    amc2509 wrote: »
    You gotta try the Aldi Thai style prawn fish cakes!! Only around 250 kCal, delish and filling!! I cook all week so often have these on Friday night cos the kids love them too! No matter how I try I can never make decent fish cakes! And I would consider myself a good cook!

As for weekend plans... I am jealous of you guys cos I'm currently trying to figure out how I can get 3 kids to 3 different locations for football on Saturday morning when all matches overlap!! Nothing exciting for me... but talk of the footspa makes me think I might take mine down from the attic when I put my Christmas tree back up!! Oh, and I can also see wine in my weekend

Ooh will do! (they supposedly do cod and chorizo ones too - but my local one failed me there)

hmmm, I can see one or 2 of the kids being there mega early for the 'warm up'? :)

and yes wine is def a weekend staple!
  • tinkerbellang83
    amc2509 wrote: »

Mine is currently standing gathering dust in it's box in the corner of the bathroom. Haven't used it since Autumn, but I am definitely looking forward to that and a nice glass of red.

Can you not divide yourself into 3 to get the kids where they need to be :lol:

• tinkerbellang83
    I have just discovered a recipe for chocolate hummus after seeing it mentioned in one of the other boards, OMG how have I never heard of this before, will be experimenting later methinks 60 calories a portion and described as healthier nutella. Nom!
  • amc2509
    amc2509 Posts: 220 Member
    Yayyy finally have all the Christmas decorations boxed up and ready to be put away! Now to get my hubby to put them in the attic! I'm too pooped to even consider it! Think I may be coming down with something, really hope not, I can't afford to be sick at the moment
  • beerfoamy
    Illness abounds around here!! hope you stay well!
    I highly recommend echinacea and raspberry tea - placebo it may be but it tastes yummy and I get ill less often :)

Happy Friday everyone!!
  • tinkerbellang83
    I prefer the Irish prescription of a hot toddy :lol:

Happy Fri-Yay. It's the return of the lunchtime run for me today.