General Chat

Options

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    amc2509 wrote: »
    I'm in Sligo... it really is beautiful here when the weather is half decent, unfortunately we are nearly always included in the Status Orange weather alerts!! This week has bee particularly miserable weather wise!

Not been quite that far up on my travels yet, only been as far as Connemara on the West Side, hoping to get upwards and explore Mayo, Sligo & Donegal over the next year or two. Any recommendations for hikes/places to visit in the area?
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    qwt7xozpfdun.jpg
    Happy Fri-yay, Friday's are my official weigh in day and my trend-weight is down 1.9lbs this week so it's a super-happy Friday. Any plans for the weekend folks?
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    awesome point to reach!! :D

anime weekend this weekend. Pizza and lots of anime, maybe a beer or 2 :D
    yourself?
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited January 2018
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »

yourself?

Was hoping we'd get paid today (we got paid 2 weeks early for Christmas last month so it feels soooo long agoooo), but no such joy so with only a couple of euros left in my account, not much exciting:
    • Cleaning
    • More Cleaning
    • Exercising
    • Watching Return of the King, might also start Star Wars box set too.
    • Finally calling my mother, which I meant to do last week
    • Getting my lashes tinted/lifted for the first time (a friend does it so don't have to pay til payday lol)
  • amc2509
    amc2509 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 Congrats on reaching the 1/2 way point... Amazing loss this week too!

@beerfoamy I'm hoping for a relaxing weekend... Just the one football match tomorrow, really need to do some cleaning and ironing. 3 full laundry racks to deal with and 2 baskets to get washed... I was very low on motivation this week! There will definitely be wine consumed tonight, had to use all my will power not to open a bottle last night as I'm trying to stick to weekend drinking!
    Just one hour left in work for the week!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
  • beerfoamy
    edited January 2018
    Options

yourself?

Was hoping we'd get paid today (we got paid 2 weeks early for Christmas last month so it feels soooo long agoooo), but no such joy so with only a couple of euros left in my account, not much exciting:
    • Cleaning
    • More Cleaning
    • Exercising
    • Watching Return of the King, might also start Star Wars box set too.
    • Finally calling my mother, which I meant to do last week
    • Getting my lashes tinted/lifted for the first time (a friend does it so don't have to pay til payday lol)

hehe eyelash tinting is ace. Had it done a couple of times. Looks good :) Cleaning may need to happen too, although maybe only the bathroom as is most used room. Noone is really in the house much during the week!

@beerfoamy I'm hoping for a relaxing weekend... Just the one football match tomorrow, really need to do some cleaning and ironing. 3 full laundry racks to deal with and 2 baskets to get washed... I was very low on motivation this week! There will definitely be wine consumed tonight, had to use all my will power not to open a bottle last night as I'm trying to stick to weekend drinking!

One hour?!?! lucky you! and yes to wine whilst clearing laundry. Makes it much more bearable! I think our basket is in need of emptying too - shall sort that tonight :)

Editted to add: just got new boots! excited!!
    https://www.emp.co.uk/p/lace-up-boot/295774.html
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 Congrats on reaching the 1/2 way point... Amazing loss this week too!

How did you get on with your 3 separate games last week?
  • amc2509
    Options
    One got moved to 9am.. (I was not impressed!!!), organised a lift for one and was able to make the 3rd due to the early start!!! Thankfully do not need to leave until 11am tomorrow so will get some PJ time in the morning :blush:

Just 45 minutes left!! (Can you tell I need to escape!! :smiley: )
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Morning folks, any plans or goals for the week.

Mine is to continue and try to find a routine that works to get my cardio/strength training/yoga into the week without feeling wiped out. Did pretty well last week, although I still didn't get my yoga in a couple of nights out of sheer laziness.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    morning!

only plan currently is not to keep going to canteen for cookies! lol

zombie challenge this week is 2000 steps (only up counts), 300 crunches and 100 press ups. So that is overarching goal. Have 2 squash games and my usual swims.

Extra goal of starting drawing again. I have until 3rd March to do the thing I want to do. But haven't drawn for over a year and am just finding it difficult to start! (partly because everywhere at home is cluttered and there are no flat surfaces to draw on!!)
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    morning!

only plan currently is not to keep going to canteen for cookies! lol

zombie challenge this week is 2000 steps (only up counts), 300 crunches and 100 press ups. So that is overarching goal. Have 2 squash games and my usual swims.

Extra goal of starting drawing again. I have until 3rd March to do the thing I want to do. But haven't drawn for over a year and am just finding it difficult to start! (partly because everywhere at home is cluttered and there are no flat surfaces to draw on!!)

What about a clipboard?
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    heh, no. I need flat, stable surface to draw. I'd have to put the clipboard on the table kind of thing :/
    What I will do is make a point of clearing table and maybe starting tonight. Then the clutter will not encroach within the drawing area. :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    heh, no. I need flat, stable surface to draw. I'd have to put the clipboard on the table kind of thing :/
    What I will do is make a point of clearing table and maybe starting tonight. Then the clutter will not encroach within the drawing area. :)

Yeah I guess that makes sense :lol: I never really had a flat area to sit at when I was at the height of my interest in drawing so used to use whatever I had lying around to draw on, usually a clipboard from work.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    ahh skills!
    no, I need clear table, pencils found and at hand, along with spare leads and erasers. Good light and lots of water. Tis not a spur of the moment thing! haha
    wish it was, I may get more done!
  • amc2509
    Options
    Getting really fed up of this weather! Yet another status yellow rainfall warning for the north west! So I decided to go for a walk at lunch in case this evening is a disaster.... It looked fine all morning as I looked out from the office, roll on 6 minutes into my walk and the downpour begins! Followed by hailstones which battered me cos it was so windy... took me another 6 minutes to get back inside. So yet again I resort to walking around the building and I'm now back at my desk sitting in wet trousers :neutral:
    On a positive note I feel like I've had a facial and I have completed 22 flights of stairs so far today :smiley:
    So how's everyone else's day going???
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    ouch! impressive weather there! nice result though - hailstone facial lol

day here is ok, got some actual work which is novel! I am also on a stair challenge this week. Need to go up 2000 steps. So far have done just over 800 in 2 days so am getting weird looks at work when I run up and down lol
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    All good here, pay day is finally here, so got to stock up on my protein products, ordered some Melatonin as well to see if that will also help me sleep a little better, the Magnesium supplements I take are working well, but have seen a lot of recommendations for Melatonin on the boards, so going to give it a whirl, had to order it from the States though as it's not available online in the UK/Ireland and it costs a bloody fortune over the counter here whereas it's readily available online for $3 in the US.

Also just ordered myself some airplants to make myself a little display for my newly de-cluttered bedroom sanctuary. Something kind of similar to this but in a large round open vase.

shtjorbwnacs.jpg

@beerfoamy How do you track that they are all upward steps?

• beerfoamy
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 - that plant thing looks lovely!

stair wise, the stairs at work have 20 steps up. So each time I go upstairs I count 20. Downstairs doesn't count. If I use just the bottom step then, left foot up, right foot up, left foot down, right foot down = 1 step up. Them's the challenge rules.
  • amc2509
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 Wow.... really like that plant display! I also find Valarium root works well for sleep as I would be really bad sleeper. I went through a phase where I woke every night at 3:03 and would stay awake until almost 6! I generally got up and did the ironing or some other quiet task! I did my online Masters totally during the night as it seemed to be the only free time I had! But Valarium really helps, you can get it in any health food shop... I'm currently averaging 7 hours per night!

@beerfoamy I'm liking that stair challenge... I'm off to count the steps in our building!!! There is a hill climb near me that has 500 built in steps which equate to 104 flights on my FitBit, but I'm guessing that is down as well as up... It's really tough though!
    Check out: http://gostrandhill.com/explore/hikes-walks/queen-maeve-trail/
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    @amc2509 - wow that trail looks gorgeous!! very lucky! :D