General Chat

Options

Replies

• amc2509
    amc2509 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 I just love the 6 nations! Always great fun in the pub for every game... Roll on next weekend!! The Scotland match in Murrayfield is on my birthday in 2019 and I've already started dropping the hints that I'd love to go... Got to Rome for my 40th and had a brilliant weekend!

And you lucky duck... Fish and chips is my favorite takeaway, but pizza and craft beer sounds good too :wink:
  • MegansMom2011
    MegansMom2011 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! I'm off work today, but technically have to work my 2nd job today (only 3 hours). I've got a couple things to do for my regular job too, but I'll be able to do those at home at least. I've been sick all week with laryngitis, and Sunday I had a fever, body aches, headache, coughing up green mucus. Went to Dr and was given antibiotics, but missed work Monday from illness. Haven't worked out all week. But planning to try to get a workout in today, since I'm feeling better and don't have to go into until this afternoon to my second job.

This weekend I'm celebrating my mom's birthday, but I'll eat responsibly. ;) I'm planning to exercise all weekend with my daughter too. Other than that, nothing else planned.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 - that is food heaven for the whole weekend! love 6 nations, but rarely get to see it with 'proper' atmosphere. No decent pubs nearby :(

@amc2509 - sounds like you have hectic times ahead! 12 year old relationship! hehe. :D
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    @amc2509 That will be a wicked day out for your birthday next year! I get to a couple of Ireland internationals during the year and the Army v Navy game at Twickenham but just can't justify the cost of going to the 6 Nations games because it normally clashes with other travel plans I have to save up for (like next month in Iceland). Get to a good few Munster games though.

@beerfoamy yes it can be tough in some places in the UK to find a decent pub for it, Newcastle being mostly football orientated, usually had to go to the pub I worked in near the rugby ground (miles from where I lived) or an Irish bar. Love that about Ireland that it's a big deal in most pubs.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    York was awesome for 6 nations! I miss York lol

@MegansMom2011 - code milky green?! ;) hope you are feeling better with the antibiotics and rest from work and from working out!

@amc2509 - Rome is amazing!! :D even better with the Rugby as well!
  • amc2509
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 - I went to Iceland for 5 nights last April and I can truly say it was the most amazing place I've been to! Would seriously recommend the golden circle tour with visit to the secret lagoon! And we even managed to capture the Northern Lights!!! Download the app for your phone before you go if you're not taking a good camera!! tzzbrs4lfhcj.jpg
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    theres an app for capturing the northern lights??!! I love the world haha

I had to grab camera and keep turning it off and on again to get quick pictures cos the battery was dying. Twas 2007 though! :D

spectacular pic!

• amc2509
    Options
    @beerfoamy Yep there's an app!! It slows down the exposure on your phone camera or something like that!! It works anyway
  • MegansMom2011
    MegansMom2011 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    @beerfoamy Thanks, I'm definitely better than I was earlier this week.

@amc2509 Love the photo of the northern lights! I have never been (yet) but the photos have made me add it to my bucket list. Love that there's an app. I would never have thought to even check for one - smart idea!
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @amc2509 Yeah I have the Blue Lagoon, Golden Circle & Northern Lights Tour already booked. Lovely photo, will check out the app.

@MegansMom2011 hope you're feeling better soon!
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great weekend. Had a good upper body session today. Sore forearms though. Am kinda lost for what programme I am going to follow Thursday and beyond. I know my squats need work, so maybe I need to focus on getting them up together with an intensive catch-up...dunno...have Wednesday off to celebrate bulk goal and do me things. Might look into something then. Have to remember that cardio will be up a bit, so intensity in the gym will have to be dialled back a bit. Insomniacal ramblings folks, sorry! Here is to Monday : )
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    Happy Monday! nice to have Weds off! I may try that one! heh

not the best weekend. Emotions running high and eating reflected that on Saturday. Still logged though and back with it now :)

Zombie challenge this week is box jumps and ladders.
    Box jumps terrify me - even with just a few inches, and ladders, well I fall over air at best of times! This week will either kill or cure me on both! lol

Want to keep trying for 2 lengths underwater as well

• tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Happy Monday Folks

Really enjoyed my friends vegan menu development night on Saturday for his food truck/stall had a Mushroom/Hashbrown Breakfast Bap, Jackfruit Tacos, Mushroom & Bean Burger, Vegetable Spring Rolls, Mountains of Beetroot & Normal Hummus and Oat/Chocolate Flapjacks.

@nexangelus I'll remember to enter your weigh ins on the different line on the sheet for your deficit :smile:

@beerfoamy I had a bit of a binge yesterday, I can't even blame emotions, it was sheer boredom but deficit for the week is intact. Scale weight this morning was horrifying :lol:

• beerfoamy
    Options
    yeah I think my deficit was blown out for last week. But I did swap the goals around to remove logging exercise, so I cannot get a fully accurate idea. That's my excuse and I am sticking to it :p
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited January 2018
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    yeah I think my deficit was blown out for last week. But I did swap the goals around to remove logging exercise, so I cannot get a fully accurate idea. That's my excuse and I am sticking to it :p

Oh yeah you're using TDEE Method now aren't you?

Can you still log the exercise and just change it to 0 cals so you know roughly what you've done?
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    that may be too clever!! haha yes I may well do that! :D:D genius! thanks
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    How is everyone's mid-week motivation? I am just back from my lunchtime run and full of energy ready for the afternoon.
  • amc2509
    Options
    I got a lovely walk in at lunchtime as well... Really nice day today, crisp and dry... spring is on it's way!! Then I come back to get a message from the girl that I'd shared the Tim Tams with... one of the guys in her section is just back from Oz with another supply of Tim Tams... white chocolate this time!! We're meeting for coffee at 3!! Her section is quiet big though, so I'm guessing that they will all be gone by cob today :wink:
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Yeah the daffs are almost blooming down here, it's a bit miserable and misty though. Perfect weather for running though so I don't feel like I am going to die from the heat :lol:

I have a quarterly meeting tomorrow so there'll be all sorts of nice nibbles in the office for that.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    @amc2509 - awwww white chocolate is the best! :D

had training on how to give and receive feedback today so got free food. Managed to get my team cookies, lunch and dinner tonight on my hospitality card! Gotta use it all! haha