General Chat

Options

Replies

• beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    ooh I keep meaning to get edamame - they are yummy!! and nice morning snacks!! :D

my brain is telling me - 'you've just signed up for HM, you deserve a cookie'
    I am trying to get it to see the un-logic of using that far in the future calories!! lol
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday people, what are your Feb goals?
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Oooh morning! Off to work in a mo, was at dentist earlier.

Feb. goals are to lose 4lbs or so and start a new programme in the gym, an intense squat programme to catch up and some interesting accessory lifts. I do not feel that full of enthusiasm, but needs must if I am to even contemplate competing this year (powerlifting). I am also going to split my cals so I eat more on training/more active days (2500) and less on rest days(1600)...on Mondays when I do more cycling I might eat 2000-2250...so the weekly total will be similar to eating constant 2250ish every day. Will try it for a couple of weeks and see if it makes any difference to anything.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    nexangelus wrote: »
    Oooh morning! Off to work in a mo, was at dentist earlier.

Feb. goals are to lose 4lbs or so and start a new programme in the gym, an intense squat programme to catch up and some interesting accessory lifts. I do not feel that full of enthusiasm, but needs must if I am to even contemplate competing this year (powerlifting). I am also going to split my cals so I eat more on training/more active days (2500) and less on rest days(1600)...on Mondays when I do more cycling I might eat 2000-2250...so the weekly total will be similar to eating constant 2250ish every day. Will try it for a couple of weeks and see if it makes any difference to anything.

I think the only thing you'll find different doing it that way is that you might expereience larger fluctuations day-to-day, I have had both a fixed intake and a weekly average and that's the only difference I noticed aside from the benefit of not being starving on my very active days.
  • DisneyVeganLove
    DisneyVeganLove Posts: 112 Member
    Options

My goals for February are walk 4 times a week, dally fitness calendar challenge with my son and no wine.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

My goals for February are walk 4 times a week, dally fitness calendar challenge with my son and no wine.

Great goals (well except for the wine, that makes me sad lol)
  • DisneyVeganLove
    DisneyVeganLove Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    No wine make me sad too. It just for now. Drinking wine leads to bad food choice and over indulging.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    happy wednesday all! :)

have found that NSV's come in a whoosh like weight loss sometimes does haha. Nothing for weeks then boom 3-4 this morning! lovely!

hope everyone's week is going well - we are nearly at the weekend - well kind of.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Closer than we were yesterday anyway :lol:

Ooooh what are your NSVs? Sharesies!

I got nothing at the moment, I have the monthly bloat, I guess there is the positive monthly confirmation that I have not undergone the immaculate conception and I made a delicious Beetroot Hummus that I have for my morning snack today.
  • beerfoamy
    Options

I got nothing at the moment, I have the monthly bloat, I guess there is the positive monthly confirmation that I have not undergone the immaculate conception and I made a delicious Beetroot Hummus that I have for my morning snack today.

ooh beetroot hummus!! wonderful! :) what are you dipping into it? (I do tend to eat 'normal' hummus with a spoon lol)

I was asked for swimming technique tips
    I was told I zoomed in swimming when pushing someone along with kick only
    I was asked if I was going to stop losing now - lol, no. But nice to hear.
    I did 2 lengths with 2 bricks - so only using legs underwater. Am getting close to being able to do 50m underwater too - so frickin frackin close lol

And scale victory of finally breaking to 177 and hitting 50 lost :D waiting for that since Nov.

Can't believe the number of people who have synched TOM wise over wifi - mental! :D:D
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »

ooh beetroot hummus!! wonderful! :) what are you dipping into it? (I do tend to eat 'normal' hummus with a spoon lol)

I was asked for swimming technique tips
    I was told I zoomed in swimming when pushing someone along with kick only
    I was asked if I was going to stop losing now - lol, no. But nice to hear.
    I did 2 lengths with 2 bricks - so only using legs underwater. Am getting close to being able to do 50m underwater too - so frickin frackin close lol

And scale victory of finally breaking to 177 and hitting 50 lost :D waiting for that since Nov.

Can't believe the number of people who have synched TOM wise over wifi - mental! :D:D

They are some awesome NSVs!

I have some flatbread from a local bakery to dip in.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    ooh yum!! :D I may get some hummus this weekend for next week's lunches - twill be something different
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    I made loads, so I will be eating it for the forseeable future ha. I'll be having it on my falafel wrap tomorrow.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    mmm wraps!
    I am back on to easier food for a bit - lower braces fitted and I highly doubt wraps would be fun :(

what else do you have in that? I shall live vicariously through your food! haha
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited February 2018
    Options
    mmm wraps!
    I am back on to easier food for a bit - lower braces fitted and I highly doubt wraps would be fun :(

what else do you have in that? I shall live vicariously through your food! haha

When I had my brace I used to just eat sandwiches and wraps with a knife and fork.

I'll have some Halloumi as well, and a bit of salad on the side, here is yesterdays sans hummus.

• beerfoamy
    Options
    that looks so good! Add some sweet chilli chicken and I am there! :D
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    that looks so good! Add some sweet chilli chicken and I am there! :D

Will be having Garlic Chicken for dinner in the evening so don't want to go too overkill ahaha (scroll to 2nd pic)
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    my food never looks that tasty! haha. I generally do meat, carrots, peas and if I can be bothered there may be some dipping sauce for meat out of a bottle or maybe some gravy.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    my food never looks that tasty! haha. I generally do meat, carrots, peas and if I can be bothered there may be some dipping sauce for meat out of a bottle or maybe some gravy.

I've had plenty of practice worked in kitchens for a while.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    Nice!

I would like to start maybe prepping some nicer looking evening meals. Just usually I bulk prep lunches Sun and Weds night and other nights there are activities going on that eat into proper prep time. We shall see!