General Chat

Options

Replies

• beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options

Totally different to how to lose a guy in 10 days, more comedy than romance, more taking the piss out of how people deal with relationships/dating. I am not a huge fan of Rom Coms but I like that one.

is it 'cringy' -lots of misunderstandings etc? :)

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »

Totally different to how to lose a guy in 10 days, more comedy than romance, more taking the piss out of how people deal with relationships/dating. I am not a huge fan of Rom Coms but I like that one.

is it 'cringy' -lots of misunderstandings etc? :)

It's things like your mum telling you as a kid that the reason a boy said you smelled like dog *kitten* is because he likes you (not because he's a little dickhead). It's hard to explain but basically for me it's like watching a movie about the crazy stuff my friends do when dating - like convincing each other that a guy who hasn't called, just lost their number, etc (this is where the title of the movie comes into play).
  • amc2509
    amc2509 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You guys sound like you've nice evenings planned!! I, on the other hand got a quick 'Oh, happy valentines day' yelled at me by my husband this morning as I chased the kids out the door! Arrived at the childminders to meet her kids running out saying 'Daddy got us chocolates, roses and valentines cards!'... my 3 just looked at me as if to say wtf??? Defo not feeling the love in our house today... better up my game for the evening!!
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    amc2509 wrote: »
    You guys sound like you've nice evenings planned!! I, on the other hand got a quick 'Oh, happy valentines day' yelled at me by my husband this morning as I chased the kids out the door! Arrived at the childminders to meet her kids running out saying 'Daddy got us chocolates, roses and valentines cards!'... my 3 just looked at me as if to say wtf??? Defo not feeling the love in our house today... better up my game for the evening!!

I heard stuff like this at Asda yesterday - when did kids start getting presents on Valentines day???

@tinkerbellang83 - ahh gotcha, that doesn't sound too bad :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

I heard stuff like this at Asda yesterday - when did kids start getting presents on Valentines day???

Another sign of the times changing, wrapping kids more and more in cotton wool and raising their expectations, they will be pretty disappointed when they get to adulthood :lol: not that I am a cynical old spinster or anything

• beerfoamy
    edited February 2018
    Options

Another sign of the times changing, wrapping kids more and more in cotton wool and raising their expectations, they will be pretty disappointed when they get to adulthood :lol: not that I am a cynical old spinster or anything

agree totally!
    yay cynicism! (I remember when presents at Easter wasn't a thing, it was just chocolate lol. I remember presents starting when mum said she wasn't buying me an egg (cos I got like 12 off neighbours and grandparents) so she and the neighbours would buy me one CD between them instead - now it is a second Christmas for some kids I know)

the other thing that snuck up on me all of a sudden was noticing all the 'for teacher' cards and presents that appear at end of every term!!? every term?!? if a teacher was particularly fun/nice/good, I may have made a trip at the end of the year to say thank you. Cards and presents!? no way. My mate was saying that her daughter wanted to get all her teachers something last term, which is lovely for a 3 year old, but less lovely for parental wallet! crazy days.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    @amc2509 - am sorry you are now 'stuck' with getting them things!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

Perhaps you can get them to make something crafty for each other or get them all baking some heart shaped cookies or something. Like what does a kid do with Roses?

• amc2509
    Options
    LOL!!! I won't be buying them presents... I am raising kids to have realistic expectations!! I tend to tell them that I love them everyday, so that will have to do them!! They did all get a hug and a kiss this morning from me (poor hubbie didn't as I was rushing out the door and he was late up!! I've just sent him a nice SnapChat message) ... Maybe, just maybe, I'll arrange their veggies in a heart shape on their plate this evening... That will be as near as they'll get to a valentines surprise!! God, I sound like a right battleaxe... I just don't really go in for the Hallmark days very much!

@beerfoamy The whole present thing drives me NUTS! My daughter asked me what I was getting her when she finished primary school this summer... I was shocked but just said "a uniform for secondary school!" Apparently my mother in law is getting her a bottle of Allure perfume... (She is the first grandchild on my hubbies side!) I can cope with that, it'll be one more thing I can steal on the odd occasion I actually get out :wink:
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    LOL!!! I won't be buying them presents... I am raising kids to have realistic expectations!! I tend to tell them that I love them everyday, so that will have to do them!! They did all get a hug and a kiss this morning from me (poor hubbie didn't as I was rushing out the door and he was late up!! I've just sent him a nice SnapChat message) ... Maybe, just maybe, I'll arrange their veggies in a heart shape on their plate this evening... That will be as near as they'll get to a valentines surprise!! God, I sound like a right battleaxe... I just don't really go in for the Hallmark days very much!

@beerfoamy The whole present thing drives me NUTS! My daughter asked me what I was getting her when she finished primary school this summer... I was shocked but just said "a uniform for secondary school!" Apparently my mother in law is getting her a bottle of Allure perfume... (She is the first grandchild on my hubbies side!) I can cope with that, it'll be one more thing I can steal on the odd occasion I actually get out :wink:

totally not a battleaxe, Valentines Day is in no way a kid day!! lol

and LOVE your reply of, 'new uniform'. New school stuff is such a money drain (I remember my mum telling me I could have school jumper not a blazer because of the £20 difference - mental costs)

And definite win for perfume 'borrowing'! haha
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

totally not a battleaxe, Valentines Day is in no way a kid day!! lol

and LOVE your reply of, 'new uniform'. New school stuff is such a money drain (I remember my mum telling me I could have school jumper not a blazer because of the £20 difference - mental costs)

And definite win for perfume 'borrowing'! haha

My winter coat for school used to be my birthday present in July lol

• beerfoamy
    Options
    ^ genius!
  • amc2509
    Options
    Celebration time!!! Just got a report finished and my boss is happy!!! An annual leave tomorrow, Friday and Monday... so today is my Friday!!! I'd actually forgotten about that this morning! Yippeeeeeeeeeeee Think I'll have afternoon coffee to celebrate :smiley:
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    ^ lovely lovely long weekend!! :D well jell!
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    ahhh finally Friday eve! lol

did a 4km swim this morning so still a little buzzed. :D
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    ahhh finally Friday eve! lol

did a 4km swim this morning so still a little buzzed. :D

Wow that's further than my walk to work well done!

I have my rowing induction today and our boat is underway.

aid3c926l2xt.jpg
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    oh awesome!! specially built boat and everything!! :D do you get to paint cool stuff on the sides/seats? :D
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    oh awesome!! specially built boat and everything!! :D do you get to paint cool stuff on the sides/seats? :D

No idea, I'd probably paint a shark face if I could but imagine it will be rather prim and proper with a company logo instead
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    haha shark face would be awesome! :D sneak one on!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    haha shark face would be awesome! :D sneak one on!
    Don't think you could sneak this....
    oj7b38ap0ajx.jpg