General Chat

Options

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    amc2509 wrote: »
    Good Morning, how's the form peeps?

My indoor water feature, appears to have paused at least for a few hours. There was a bit of stress eating last night thanks to that, I didn't log it because honestly I have no idea what I ate at this point, was just picking at bits & pieces. Just couldn't find anyway to de-stress yesterday, weather was too stormy to go out for a walk or run, couldn't really relax at home because 2 rooms were raining in and couldn't head off anywhere else because needed to be home to empty buckets. Anyway today is a new day, the sun has creeped out, if it stays nice I will take the scenic route home.

That sounds like a bit of a nightmare! Totally get the bit about losing track of what you ate... I've been a bit like that for the past few days, just seem to be nibbling all the time! Just think of all the exercise you had emptying those buckets!! Hope today is better for you, fairly rough up here in the NW though :neutral:

Forecast for the next couple of days is much better so fingers crossed.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Happy Monday folks!
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    You got any sun yet Tink?
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    You got any sun yet Tink?

Yes it finally arrived late Friday, and disappeared last night lol.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    hah! but yay for weekend of sun!
    you looked like you had put in some mega hardcore effort over the weekend - impressive blisters!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    hah! but yay for weekend of sun!
    you looked like you had put in some mega hardcore effort over the weekend - impressive blisters!

Yeah I have a lot of chafing too :neutral: but it was good training!
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    good! tis all preparation - blisters and chafing! less fun side of preparation, but steps can be taken :)

I nearly got blisters from scrubbing the patio - did it over 3 stints so escaped with slightly tender patches
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Happy Friday folks, still got a bit of a sore wrist hoping I am recovered by Sunday as we are doing the actual course for the race in June which will be good training.

I got hit with early shark week, this week, it's about 4-5 days early so was completely unprepared for the cravings, didn't even get the cramp advance warning because of the ibuprofen I'd been taking to help reduce the swelling on my wrist so I feel slightly vindicated about my crazy eating over the weekend and early this week.

Having a much simpler countdown challenge for May revolving around logging accuracy and NEAT more than intensive exercise, macros, etc. Still going to keep an eye on the basics like water intake (currently trying to wean myself off sparkling water to normal), protein intake and sleep.
  • MegansMom2011
    MegansMom2011 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday folks, still got a bit of a sore wrist hoping I am recovered by Sunday as we are doing the actual course for the race in June which will be good training.

I got hit with early shark week, this week, it's about 4-5 days early so was completely unprepared for the cravings, didn't even get the cramp advance warning because of the ibuprofen I'd been taking to help reduce the swelling on my wrist so I feel slightly vindicated about my crazy eating over the weekend and early this week.

Having a much simpler countdown challenge for May revolving around logging accuracy and NEAT more than intensive exercise, macros, etc. Still going to keep an eye on the basics like water intake (currently trying to wean myself off sparkling water to normal), protein intake and sleep.

For the past year, my cycles have been shorter a few days, from 28 days to 25 days. Dr says that this isn't perimenopause exactly, but could be the start of my body slowly changing in that direction. Hoping not, since I'm only 35, but kinda makes sense. Hope this one month change is just a fluke for you.

Today I'm off work to take my daughter to the dentist. She has had the most extreme dental anxiety I've ever seen, so she ends up having to be sedated in order to get the dental work done - which is more than just a cleaning. So, basically going to be taking care of a very out-of-it girl today. Wish us both luck!
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited April 2018
    Options

For the past year, my cycles have been shorter a few days, from 28 days to 25 days. Dr says that this isn't perimenopause exactly, but could be the start of my body slowly changing in that direction. Hoping not, since I'm only 35, but kinda makes sense. Hope this one month change is just a fluke for you.

Today I'm off work to take my daughter to the dentist. She has had the most extreme dental anxiety I've ever seen, so she ends up having to be sedated in order to get the dental work done - which is more than just a cleaning. So, basically going to be taking care of a very out-of-it girl today. Wish us both luck!

Hopefully I am long way off Perimenopause yet, I am only 34, my mum was still popping out babies at 40. For the last year my cycle has been almost to the day every 28 days. I keep track in the notes on Libra. I think it's just the syncing thing, I normally fall in line with one of my colleagues and she has moved back a couple of days too, because her daughter recently started so they have synced too. It's always delightfully cheery in the office this time of month lol

Best of luck with the dentist!
  • beerfoamy
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Happy Friday all!!
    @tinkerbellang83 - hope your wrist is muchos better for Sunday!

@MegansMom2011 - good luck at dentist. my mate got sedated for fillings (at age 31), it was hilarious to me as she acted completely drunk and out of it. She couldn't remember the drive home at all and I had to tie her shoes for her! :D but it was definitely the best option for her!

ETA: I have mates down this weekend, so, beer and burgers with possible walk Sunday in the Peaks.
    Hoping to do long run tomorrow to offset the day hehe
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Happy Friday all!!
    @tinkerbellang83 - hope your wrist is muchos better for Sunday!

@MegansMom2011 - good luck at dentist. my mate got sedated for fillings (at age 31), it was hilarious to me as she acted completely drunk and out of it. She couldn't remember the drive home at all and I had to tie her shoes for her! :D but it was definitely the best option for her!

ETA: I have mates down this weekend, so, beer and burgers with possible walk Sunday in the Peaks.
    Hoping to do long run tomorrow to offset the day hehe

Mmmmm beer and burgers! Lovely, I am going to try and get out for a long walk somewhere this weekend.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    well you are spoilt for choice! hehe
  • Laurahenson29
    Laurahenson29 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I don't see where to log my weight for Friday. This discussion is where I would normally see the link for it.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    I don't see where to log my weight for Friday. This discussion is where I would normally see the link for it.

@Laurahenson29 if you navigate back to the main group page the links for the weekly weigh ins are at in the discussion list
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    well you are spoilt for choice! hehe

Yeah I think I am going to head down to the coast walk do a 7km walk out and back to one of the forts.
  • MegansMom2011
    Options

Hopefully I am long way off Perimenopause yet, I am only 34, my mum was still popping out babies at 40. For the last year my cycle has been almost to the day every 28 days. I keep track in the notes on Libra. I think it's just the syncing thing, I normally fall in line with one of my colleagues and she has moved back a couple of days too, because her daughter recently started so they have synced too. It's always delightfully cheery in the office this time of month lol

Lol, I can only imagine the fun you have at work during that time! So interesting how our bodies sync with our friend's. I'm still hoping to go back to my 28 day cycle, as this is more annoying than anything.

@beerfoamy and @tinkerbellang83 Dentist went much better than last time by far! And yes, the drunkenness is funny, but also feel sad for her since she's only 6. She gets very emotional too. She's recovering well and watching movies.

Now, I'm just waiting for my hubby to come home in 2 hours so I can go on a run for C25K. He had his last final for this semester and then he's coming home. He's finally done in December and I think I have more senioritis than he does!

@tinkerbellang83 Walking this weekend will definitely get you your steps in! Are you doing the C25K still?
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

Lol, I can only imagine the fun you have at work during that time! So interesting how our bodies sync with our friend's. I'm still hoping to go back to my 28 day cycle, as this is more annoying than anything.

@beerfoamy and @tinkerbellang83 Dentist went much better than last time by far! And yes, the drunkenness is funny, but also feel sad for her since she's only 6. She gets very emotional too. She's recovering well and watching movies.

Now, I'm just waiting for my hubby to come home in 2 hours so I can go on a run for C25K. He had his last final for this semester and then he's coming home. He's finally done in December and I think I have more senioritis than he does!

@tinkerbellang83 Walking this weekend will definitely get you your steps in! Are you doing the C25K still?

Not really, I am trying to ease off the walking and running cardio a bit, because it's making me extremely hungry on top of the rowing and makes it more difficult to manage my calorie intake. So I am going out for a run now and again if I can't make a rowing session but not aiming to get back into C25K until after the race. I do kind of miss the stress relief that came with the running but sure, it's only 5 weeks until the race and then I can drop down to more leisurely rowing and pick the running and hiking back up.

I guess a 6 year old would be pretty disorientated by that feeling unlike those of us who have experienced it many a weekend :lol: bless her.
  • MegansMom2011
    Options

Not really, I am trying to ease off the walking and running cardio a bit, because it's making me extremely hungry on top of the rowing and makes it more difficult to manage my calorie intake. So I am going out for a run now and again if I can't make a rowing session but not aiming to get back into C25K until after the race. I do kind of miss the stress relief that came with the running but sure, it's only 5 weeks until the race and then I can drop down to more leisurely rowing and pick the running and hiking back up.

I guess a 6 year old would be pretty disorientated by that feeling unlike those of us who have experienced it many a weekend :lol: bless her.

That makes sense. That rowing seems like such a fun way to work out. Glad to know you're still interested in the C25K too.

Thank you for the well wishes. Luckily I've nursed enough adults back to normal after one of those weekends, so I'm able to help her out well, lol!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    vtdpz9kdf8qy.jpg

When MFP ads are trying to sabotage you :lol: